Thread: F.A.Q.

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default F.A.Q.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is Dawn of Kingdoms?
    Dawn of Kingdoms is a Modification of the M2TW Grand Campaign, playable with the Kingdoms Expansion. It uses a modified map, additional factions, additional units and other features. A more in depth explanation can be found here.

Are Holy Orders Knights recruitable?
    Templar and Hospitaller Knights are no longer recruitable through their respective guilds. They are only recruitable as Mercenaries to Catholic factions on crusade in the Holy Land. Their guilds now offer either a trade bonus (Templars) or a health bonus (Hospitallers). Santiago Knights are recruitable from guilds by the Spanish faction after the Knights Orders event (1175). Teutonic Knights have been disable for the time being. They will appear as an emerging faction in a later release. Their guild buildings offer a law bonus.

Which factions are included in the current release?
    The current release of the mod (0.861) includes all of the vanilla factions (except Portugal, which will be made an emerging faction in a later release) plus Ireland, Burgundy, Cilician Armenia and Aragon.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; January 17, 2009 at 12:18 PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Lycodelphos's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: F.A.Q.

Thanks for the quick release of the new patch. I'll keep playing Burguundy for now and let you know if I have any further glitches. I also had a question about the Crusades Campaign. I noticed that none of the order knight units were available in the main campaign so is that where you're planning to do use them? How will that campaign unfold? And do you have a target date for it yet?
    Proud Contributor of: "AGON: REBIRTH OF THE HELLENES" & "Patria Libera"
    "There's such divinity doth hedge a king,
    That treason can but peep to what it would,..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodelphos View Post
    Thanks for the quick release of the new patch. I'll keep playing Burguundy for now and let you know if I have any further glitches. I also had a question about the Crusades Campaign. I noticed that none of the order knight units were available in the main campaign so is that where you're planning to do use them? How will that campaign unfold? And do you have a target date for it yet?
    I'm not sure what you are referring to. I am not making a Crusades campaign. The order knights units are used as follows: Templars and Hospitallers are only recruitable in the Holy Land by Catholic factions on Crusade. Knights of Santiago are recruitable as normal. Teutonic Order will be an emerging faction in a later release.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Lycodelphos's Avatar Tiro

That answers my question. I misunderstood a post from another thread. I like the idea of limiting them to crusading armies. Otherwise the game tends to get a bit lopsided with order knights being preferred, and their guilds being built to the exclusion of others in the game. Is Burgundy included in the Catholic factions able to recruit order knights on crusade?
    Last edited by Lycodelphos; November 25, 2008 at 10:41 AM.
    Proud Contributor of: "AGON: REBIRTH OF THE HELLENES" & "Patria Libera"
    "There's such divinity doth hedge a king,
    That treason can but peep to what it would,..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodelphos View Post
    That answers my question. I misunderstood a post from another thread. I like the idea of limiting them to crusading armies. Otherwise the game tends to get a bit lopsided with order knights being preferred, and their guilds being built to the exclusion of others in the game.
    That was a large part of my reasoning as well.

Is Burgundy included in the Catholic factions able to recruit order knights on crusade?
    Yes.

-John G. Hartung

killerrabbit's Avatar Senator

what factions are there?

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Quote Originally Posted by killerrabbit View Post
    what factions are there?
    The current release of the mod (0.861) includes all of the vanilla factions (except Portugal, which will be made an emerging faction in a later release) plus Ireland, Burgundy, Cilician Armenia and Aragon.

-John G. Hartung