Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.5 released

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: 1.5 released

[quote=Diocle;4057081]The Best Mod for M2TW: the best units, the best historical contest, wanderful map, detailed and interesting events and informations and last but not the least very fast realization of the project, really thanks!
    Only one small thing and just for aesthetics, about the Horse: the pistol holsters on the sides of the saddles are lacking, no need of any new animation you could only add the holsters.
    Excuse me for my bad english(I'm italian ) and thank you for your excellent work!!!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Sorry for double post ,delete

Indefinitely Banned

All I can say is that this mod is such bloody good fun!

Two areas I'd like to comment on.

It's harder to swing a castle's loyalty due to not being able to build bakeries or printing presses, and having to rely purely on a faction's general being present. Is this by design and for campaign balance? As I would have thought that, with a smaller civilian population, it would be easier.

The 12 tpy is a work of art, but as I prefer a campaign with longer legs, I was wondering if the engine would recognise increments of 0.5, instead of 1, giving 24 tpy. I appreciate that there are a number of things that would also require rebalancing, but I thought I'd ask the basic question before I go ferreting away at it.

Legio XII's Avatar Semisalis

Ok, one small problem: I installed 1.5 over 1.15, and have resolved the issue with the game running windowed.

However, now the game will not allow me to start a new campaign. I get to the faction select screen, and when I click start, I am returned to the single player menu (the one where you choose between grand campaign, custom or quick battle), with no explanation, error message or anything. This is more than a one time occurrence.

The funny thing is I can play my savegames.

So I'm wondering if there is a fix that does not involve uninstalling and reinstalling?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

I wouldreally like to try this mod very much. It looks amazing.I have hit a brick wall, however. After installing it, I manage to double click onthe launcher, but the launch screen crashes after a few seconds. Can you guys help me?

edit: taken care of, sorry for my impatience.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; December 03, 2008 at 07:20 PM.

re-installing now
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Hi guys. I really like this mod (despite its drawbacks, as stated by the great creator AD himself), enough to go have a look in Foyles on Charing Cross to polish my knowledge on the ECWs. Finally a great gunpowder mod!!! The new units and visual enhancements by Phoenix have breathed new life in it.
    I have a problem with the new version. When I enable other factions and units for custom battles (with the usual and successful method: descr_sm, EDU) in the menu the enabled factions appear but not the enabled units. Should I do anything else besides removing no_custom? This wasn't a problem with 1.15. I really miss the occasional fun and variety in custom battles as I "invade" central America and battle the natives or the tercios and aventuros
    I would really appreciate any help

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Alpha, just out of curiosity, what are the future pans for this mod?

Maybe I am just missing something, but I downloaded this mod from filefront, and extracted it with winrar. I can't find the .exe file. All I have is the .bat file, .cfg file, readme, shortcut and data. I double click the .bat file and nothing happens. I am at a lost for what to do next. Thanks for your help

Never Mind. I figured it out. I am not as dumb as I look.

Laetus

G'day, I just downloaded the mod & t isnt working for me though I followed all instructions.
    The desktop icon doesnt change & it's still the original game.
    I do ECW living history & am dying to play thise but computers & I rarely get along & they do everything they can to annoy (kinda like teenagers only they eat less) LOL.
    I know I'm a pain but any help would be much apreciated.
    Thanks guys.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by fattire02 View Post
    Never Mind. I figured it out. I am not as dumb as I look.
    I am, thats my problem as well (plus what I wrote). How did you fix this mate?
    Cheers

Laetus

in which folders dp patches for MTW2 go? I know I'm being a pain but I have no idea.....getting desperate here..........

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blew_aussie View Post
    I am, thats my problem as well (plus what I wrote). How did you fix this mate?
    Cheers
    When you install "For King or Country" most of the files are placed into its own sub folder For King or Country. However, there are several files also installed into the root Medieval II Total War folder. One of those is for_king_or_country.bat, which is the one that you need to right-click on and Send To your Desktop. Once there you can use it to launch the FKoC mod.

When you double click on the icon to start the game what it actually does is call up and launch another file that the mod installs , for_king_or_country.cfg, which has all the setup info for it. There is even an icon file in the your Medieval II Total War folder that you can use to make the for_king_or_country.bat on your desktop look prettier.

I hope that helps, good luck.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    When you install "For King or Country" most of the files are placed into its own sub folder For King or Country. However, there are several files also installed into the root Medieval II Total War folder. One of those is for_king_or_country.bat, which is the one that you need to right-click on and Send To your Desktop. Once there you can use it to launch the FKoC mod.

When you double click on the icon to start the game what it actually does is call up and launch another file that the mod installs , for_king_or_country.cfg, which has all the setup info for it. There is even an icon file in the your Medieval II Total War folder that you can use to make the for_king_or_country.bat on your desktop look prettier.

I hope that helps, good luck.
    managed to do that but it still wont run the screen comes up then just shuts down & goes back to the desk top. I downloaded the v.2 patch but alas it downloaded to the desktop as well & I dont know which folder it goes into in the game....jopefully this will make it run (I'm in trouble from the missus cause she wants to check her e mails LOL).
    Thanks guys

Laetus

I dont know what to do...feeling depressed now cause this mod looks awsome but as usual I cant get it to work (insert swearing here).......

Indefinitely Banned

What version of Med II are you using? I've heard that some people have problems with setups with the latter Kingdoms patches installed.

Laetus

only got the medieval II total war, nothing else...

Indefinitely Banned

Are you installing to the right folder, i.e. Medieval II Total War? If so your installation should look something like this:

How about your graphics settings? Try them at the lowest and see if that works.

Laetus

yup....will try again, thanks for your patience Tony83 :-)