Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.5 released

Default Re: 1.5 released

It works great! Thanks a million.

Thanks for finding those links, and thanks to whoever uploaded it. I edited post 1.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Ive been playing this mod for like 7 hr straight for 2 days. IM ING ADDICTED.

Opifex

Yikes, the files when gone from Filefront are gone for good, and will never re-appear.

Now that we have a working Rapidshare version, please re-upload it to Filefront so there are always at least two copies!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Why does every mod have 1.5!!!!!

Oh well, you had me thinking the Second Coming was at hand (that of the prophecied BC 1.5) but now i'm here, this mod looks good.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Thanks to those who have supplied mirrors for the downloads. First post has been updated.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

Hi, this mod looks great. Just browsing this forum makes me want to go back to M2TW.

Unfortunately rapidshare refuses to work for me. It has given me various problems like my IP address has reached its download limit (when I'm not downloading anything from the site), or that the session time has expired, or flat out refusing to load the page at all.

Any chance of other mirrors?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

It does that every now and then, just wait a few days and it shoud work again

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

they have an original site where you can donload it

I'm pretty sure that only has the broken filefront link.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

why is filefront so sloppy all of the sudden SSlink is broken TLR link is broken the HundredYearsWar link is broken whats up with it all.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Andor's Avatar Civis

I very like this mod, but there is not a part like that in a plan what makes Scotland and Ireland playable? We say it how won so the civil war and Oliver Cronwal start the exterior campaigns...To reflect on this a good game would be good astonishingly so according to me

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of The Great Unknown View Post
    why is filefront so sloppy all of the sudden SSlink is broken TLR link is broken the HundredYearsWar link is broken whats up with it all.
    This behaviour from FileFront is not new. Nor is it sloppy. The file links haven't been lost by some sort of accident. I've no doubt that FF deliberately deleted them.

They have been doing this for ages. When a file is downloaded frequently it stays up. When the downloads drop off, FF delete it. The bigger the file, the quicker it gets the chop. Sometimes they warn the uploader of impending deletion. Sometimes not.

I guess the reasons are economic. Uploaded files create bandwidth. Bandwith costs the operator money. So in deleting the files that are seldom, if ever, downloaded they preserve their bandwidth for newer files that will attract more site visits and thus generate more revenue from advertisers etc, etc.

It's a real shame that such uniquely different M2TW mods like FKoC, and TLR have been affected. Fortunately in both cases there are independent mirrors. So they are still available. Additionally, TLR has at least one ( if not two ) new versions planned.

So all is not lost....yet!!

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

There is something wrong with the .exe file from the first download mirror...no idea what it is but basically it doesn't play FKoC when I install it. I had to change the details of the shortcut so maybe that was it, so suffice to say I've given up and have gone back to the bugged vista game (don't know what I'm going to do about those faction leaders!)

There is something wrong with the .exe file from the first download mirror...no idea what it is but basically it doesn't play FKoC when I install it. I had to change the details of the shortcut so maybe that was it, so suffice to say I've given up and have gone back to the bugged vista game (don't know what I'm going to do about those faction leaders!)
    THERE IS NO EXE FILE.

If you're clicking on a .exe you're not clicking on FKoC.

To start FKoC double click on for_king_or_country.bat.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    THERE IS NO EXE FILE.

If you're clicking on a .exe you're not clicking on FKoC.

To start FKoC double click on for_king_or_country.bat.

Cheers
    I know it may sound like it, but I'm not completely stupid lol

I was saying that there could be something wrong with the way the .exe installs the mod ie. files not targeting the right thing. I changed the shortcut target and 'run in' directory to be identical to the one from the kingdoms version and still no joy...it just runs vanilla M2TW, it does not start the mod

Hi CdL.

Sorry to hear you are still having problems.

The 1.5 exe download installs the bat file in the base Medieval II folder and your shortcut should point to this.

To ensure that it does I would suggest that you right click on the bat file the new install has created, drag to desktop and select "create new shortcut here" from the drop down menu.

You also mentioned Vista. Did you see Vista Fix sticky thread? Seems the cfg needs to be changed if you have this OS.

Hope you have more luck this time.
    Last edited by BenBeynon; June 19, 2009 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks guys, I'm all sorted now...made the error of forgetting that M2TW mods have to run in the main file itself and not in the 'mods' folder that kingdoms creates.
    Thanks again, I'm sad my save-game doesn't work but here's to victory and glory for rightful king and ruler of this fair land, Charles!! Hurrah!!

I love this game!!