View Poll Results: Where do you "come from"?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mostly from the Common Community (D&D fora, debates)

73 36.14%
  • Mostly from the TW Community (modding, testing, anything related to the TW games)

84 41.58%
  • Mostly from the Technical Community (content staff, technical staff, moderating branch, etc.)

14 6.93%
  • I'm from everywhere.

31 15.35%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What were you patronized for?

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Default Re: What were you patronized for?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimirswell View Post
    Original citizens was a loose consensus among staff that went something like this.

Admin: Soandso should be a citizen?
    Moderator: Agreed.
    Admin 2: No, they are retarded and troll all the time.
    Moderator 2: But they are funny.
    Admin 2: True...

Soandso becomes a citizen.
    We did actually vote on people. But otherwise that's pretty much it. But I see nothing wrong with. We had people of judgement in staff, which lead to quality citizenship.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Default Re: What were you patronized for? (with a new poll)

The poll poses a different question, which is why I am posting again. I would say that at the time I was patronized, I was active exclusively in the TW and its modding community. That was almost 2 years ago, and since my comeback, I would say that I have no strong ties to either side of the community. I post in the Curia, the Q&S, sometimes in the ETW Forum, and that's it. I hope I will make a comeback to modding though, after i have finished some coursed in the TWC University.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by wilpuri View Post
    We did actually vote on people. But otherwise that's pretty much it. But I see nothing wrong with. We had people of judgement in staff, which lead to quality citizenship.
    I didn't think it was wrong. It was a different site anyway at that time and consistent and mature posters (respective to their peers) deserved to be made citizens. It was also somewhat easier to remove citizens that proved themselves inadequate, which helped make a looser entry more plausible.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I come from the TW community (modding).

Although I do post in the Q&A some and the mudpit (althoug its been a while), but most of my time is spent on the modding boards.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Well it was for my amazingness obviously!

Jk.... what amazingness?

Any way, its due to my want to go somewhere with TWC forums.

I used to be a frequent member of Total War Heaven, but really, you couldn't go anywhere. Most, and I emphasize MOST of the members their were jerks, etc. and I couldn't stand it. In order to be a mod, you have to be specially picked, which wasn't going to happen, and basically I did not get along with the people their. Too many... lets say dominating personalities. When I cam here, originally as a researcher for the Frontier, my goal was to become a Citizen. Since I am one now, I guess its time to set a new goal.

Perhaps Admin?

Don't understand what 'Mostly from the Common Community (D&D fora, debates)' means?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Provocateur View Post
    Don't understand what 'Mostly from the Common Community (D&D fora, debates)' means?
    It means:

Were you patronized for your contributions in the common community (Discussion and Debate forums original name) or for your contributions in the TW community? Both?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I was patronised mostly for my attepts and historical advises in the moding comnunity...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    It means:

Were you patronized for your contributions in the common community (Discussion and Debate forums original name) or for your contributions in the TW community? Both?
    Well if you consider the TW games forums (ie the Empire TW threads and the M2TW threads) as part of the 'TW Community', then arguing with Trax in there.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    I found out who was on the CdeC. I posted nice things about them or replied to their posts in agreement. I attached myself to popular members like The Fuzz, Miraj, Boeing and Ferrets. Rode on their coat-tails. Got patronised. Easy.
    --
    le fooz and afghan boy werent but i used their popularity to get recognised, and i knew you guys and others were so i kissed your asses. I still do. Its a habit i cant break. x

Sorry, but that's exactly one good example why i always had (and have) suspicious views on the patron-system.

Still more worse is the reputation-system, works pretty much like ~= "Rep me and i'll rep you"
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 21, 2008 at 12:41 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Civitate

I don't know really why I was offered beyond good posts. No detail given, I didn't complain.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post

Sorry, but that's exactly one good example why i always had (and have) suspicious views on the patron-system.

Still more worse is the reputation-system, works pretty much like ~= "Rep me and i'll rep you"
    i used to rep the CdeC members for no reason and made sure i left my name with the rep. then i'd post in a thread where a consensus had already been reached and try to make out i'm bringing original ideas into it. then i'd kiss more CdeC ass during down time.

Quote Originally Posted by ЯoMe kb8 View Post
    I don't know really why I was offered beyond good posts. No detail given, I didn't complain.
    modesty dont suit you n00b/librarian/content writer/Garb's FC moderator/Best Political Poster 2008/2nd Best Debater 2008.

Come to think of it, i kinda hate you.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Cause Jesus loves me.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Can an admin delete the third poll option "Technical Community", please? I doubt anyone would vote for that, and it looks silly in the list.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    modesty dont suit you n00b/librarian/content writer/Garb's FC moderator/Best Political Poster 2008/2nd Best Debater 2008.
    Well having the badges doesn't mean I have contributed loads.
    I mean I don't know why I got best political poster, and most certainly don't know how I cam above some of the guys in that debater category.

Come to think of it, i kinda hate you.
    My dad does hate me.

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

I was patronized for my involvement in RTR.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Once I was lost, and my people were overcome with wickedness and folly. One starry night, a bright light did appear in the Heavens, and spoke to us with the transcendent wisdom that only the celestial seraphim that mortal men name Nihil, and others in their tongue (yet no less untrue) name angel, can put forth. Raising us up, he did chastise us for our wickedness, yet brought a message of hope and salvation; 'Thou shalt become a Citizen, as it is about time, and in several days hence, thou will be saved'. The cry of joy went up from the people 'And verily, I doth recommend thy read the ToS, our most sacred scripture, lest you fall once again to ungodliness and vice'. And there was much rejoicing.

At least that's my recollection.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

I believe I asked someone if they were the grammar police after they corrected someone's slight mistake in punctuation, and omnipotent Q asked if I wanted to be one.

In other words I was a smartass and another smartass patronised me for it.

Irishman's Avatar Let me out of my mind

Debate Forum.
    The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Under the perspicacious and benevolent patronage of the great and honorable Rez and a member of S.I.N

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

Sure I didn't patronize you for your good looks and Irish charm?