Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sicilia: Released

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sicilia: Released

Quote Originally Posted by ThePianist View Post
    Thank you so much! I love mods that allows for exploration of one part of the world in detail, rather than covering the whole "known world". For one thing, the coastline and the cities get to be the same ones (and same adjacent ones) over and over again, from one mod to the other, and it gets monotonous. Also, it's more clutter to have so many factions on the map and surrounded all around.
    So it's great to have mods like EB/RTR/RS/XGM/IBFD that cover the whole known world, and allows for the historical play of all the factions. That's one kind of fun. But for variety's sake, it's also great to have mods like Sicilia, Iberia Total War (and the soon to be released Fate of Empire project from RTR), Arthurian Total War, Hegemonia City States (awaiting the development with great excitement) and Viking Invasion II that portray a subsection of the "known world", therefore with completely different coastlines and "world shape".

So there is the large-scale epic fun on a world map, and the provincial campaign fun on a subsection-of-the-world map. It's great to have both kinds of mods.

Thanks a lot, again.
    You're welcome, if you want a map that's really different you could check out EoD II Lycan Rising..IMO, there isn't another map that comes close for detail and an alternative ''world view.''. It's a pretty cool mod as well.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

though it is scary
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Thanks for the official release, Great job and well done.

Now just a small comment : Try to imagine now if each of the factions was a human player lets even say 3 friends, small map so it is not as long as a full campaign and maybe a setting of your choice for a lets say 66% domination to win. wouldn't be nice to battle this through like this ? I am not talking on a multiplayer campaign but with the news of the 1 vs 1 beta up coming ... maybe who knows this will be possible in the near future :] maybe not for Rome and Medieval (which is sad).

Blog Entries

That would be cool, though the start positions of Sicilia would have to be altered, Carthage already have quite a head start regarding 66% domination. What's the 1v1 beta?, I've not heard of that!.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    though it is scary
    lol it's pretty fun though. Halie's mods are a treat.

Libertus

I tried it right now and i like it a lot because it's not an enormous map where to found another city you've to walk thousands km and not a huge map with thousands of city that makes you stupid :\

Skins are good playbility too.

Good job mate 8/10 because it's quite little and no music pack ( but 8/10 for a 90 mb mod it's a lot !!! )

Icon6 Re: Sicilia: Released

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Like_Me View Post
    Thanks for the official release, Great job and well done.

Now just a small comment : Try to imagine now if each of the factions was a human player lets even say 3 friends, small map so it is not as long as a full campaign and maybe a setting of your choice for a lets say 66% domination to win. wouldn't be nice to battle this through like this ? I am not talking on a multiplayer campaign but with the news of the 1 vs 1 beta up coming ... maybe who knows this will be possible in the near future :] maybe not for Rome and Medieval (which is sad).
    if i didnt misunderstood the conversation de 1v1 beta is a new multiplayer otpion taht will be included in the empire total war,although i dont know really how it works.

now to my things, i've been playing the sicilia mod for a while always with syrakousai and i have found one things that really bothers me, as the greeks have no cavalry in your mod when, for example you are figthing rebels and one unit like the slingers begins to run from one place to another without fleeing it becomes frustraiting because yu have to spend several minutes until you can catch them and make them flee and belive me if have no patience you may want to throw sicilia through the window
    thats just a comment but may be you can do something about that.

all the same the mod is great, you really did a good job and i read some pages before that you wanted some pics so here you have, they are all from my own (they have been cut with photoshop and the first as you cansee has been modified because i used it for a tournament)

Oh, these are pretty nice pics!! I think a light cavalry unit for the Greeks (Prodromoi?) wouldn't be that bad...

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

Congrats.

I'll have to give it a try some time. Is it completely mod-foldered? Does it over overwrite any files in vanilla/BI?
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

It is completely modfoldered, and works for 1.5

Blog Entries

@ Al Hatal, nice pics thanks for posting them, I'm considering adding cavalry to the Greeks as well as one or two other additions, it has to wait though for the time being..

glad you liked the pictures and theres no hurry about those new units, the nod us great as it is noe and it was just a comment

Great mod. Got me reinstalling RTW. Is that the final version, or will there be more patches.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Blog Entries

Is that the final version, or will there be more patches.
    Nothing major is planned but there are a few tweaks I need to fix.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfHam View Post
    Congrats.

I'll have to give it a try some time. Is it completely mod-foldered? Does it over overwrite any files in vanilla/BI?
    I used to ask this question a lot myself; The short answer, I believe, is that basically everything H.S. does is mod-foldered .

(Which is a great thing, because I will only play mod-foldered mods; too many great mods already going on my computer from the fine gentlemen here like H.S., Aradan and MasterOfNone to risk losing one of those to play a non mod-foldered mod.)
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Scott View Post
    (Which is a great thing, because I will only play mod-foldered mods; too many great mods already going on my computer from the fine gentlemen here like H.S., Aradan and MasterOfNone to risk losing one of those to play a non mod-foldered mod.)
    Exactly the same here

Indefinitely Banned

same here also all the mods im playing right now are Modfoldered thats how everyone should do it
    Last edited by Prince Nuada; January 31, 2009 at 02:15 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

this mod deserves a bump its great Thanks Halie

Thusnelda's Avatar Laetus

Yes! many Thanks from me too! I really enjoy playing the mod atm and
    I am looking forward to additions in the future (e.g. Horses for Syracruse), but it's already awsome as it is!

Blog Entries

You are most welcome..