Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Questions?] You ask... we answer...

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Default Re: You ask... we answer...

no prob, mate.
    How long you have to go to military?

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

I leave april then im gone four i think four months then im back for ten days then im gone for like 3 months.....then off to where ever im stationed for a bit, then off to afghanistan...yay....for about 7 months or 12 i dont know yet then im back for a year...then i can probly play more mods lol........im in for 8 years 4 active 4 inactive or I would like to call PLAY GAMES AND SEE FAMILY AND GET MARRIED time (the names not good but im working on it lol) so ya, Im hoping I can leave in may though so i can see me girl more. thanks for asking
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

hey legio! did not know you where a trooper! Well i hope your heart is in ther right place and I wish you luck.

anywho for AOD2 will there be like roman revolts in italy asking for the east romans empire for help(just a revolt) but it would be cool to see like rome revolt to your side if the goths are treating them bad to try to get the player of the east OR comp to go take italy..kinda like forcing there hand.
    the world can love you or kill you.

the truth is more complicated, trent.
    The common people had not intention to make an uprising - or something like that - against gothic lordship.
    After ca. 150 years there was finally peace in Italy. The Goths repaired (with roman help and handcraftsmen of course) the old imperial streets, the water supplies, the economy was in a great condition.
    And don't forget that the gothic king Theoderic ruled as Magister Militum et Patricius over the western half of the empire. The western half was still nominally part of the Roman Empire! There was no east or west.

The relation between the Goths and the pope and the Senate of Rome was partially very good - even if some Senators had disadvantages compared to the old imperial time.

When the east Romans landed in Italy they were seen with a neutral view by the common people. Some cities were - acc. Prokops Gothic war - happy to see the brothers (or amici=friend) from the east and those cities opened the gates for them.
    Other cities saw that the so called "roman army" was an army composed by huns, heruls, goths, armenians, isaurians etc. Only very few of them spoke latin. Even greek wasn't the most spoken language in that "Roman" army.

The Senate of Rome was happy in the first moment of the invasion. The Emperor Iustinian gave them back all their rights before the germanic invasion in Italy. They became again rich land owners and Magnates with nearly unlimited rights.
    The common people paid now the higher tax, ordered by the Roman administration in a far capital.

After several years of war the country Italy was completely destroyed. And one of the last great kings of the Goths - Totila - had a lot of Romans in his "gothic" army. They fought against their "liberators" - against the Eastern Romans.

By the way, the gothic war in Italy went hand in hand with millions of dead people. 3/5 of the normal population died in this war due to battles, hunger or other influences.
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; February 07, 2009 at 07:49 PM.

ya the romans kinda screwed things up. i mean its like the fates will never let italy be a power any more lol

- thanks trent first time some one was nice to find out im an amercian joining the millitary. i mean im a democrat and a isolationast kinda. but i dont want to argue about that crap i will argue for histroy lol roman history!! plus rep friend!!
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

@Legio_XX
    here in the AoD2 forum everybody is welcome. especially the guys from U.S.
    Due to my job I travelled (and will travel)a lot of times to the east coast of USA and I found a lot of friends there.
    I was also in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Seattle.
    Great country with good people. (we had a lot of fun at night... but this is top secret ;-)

Do you have the chance to go online if you serve?

Im sorry PM! i did not mean to make any one feel bad. but im not sure I was told I will have some down time in between being shiped or stationed IM hoping for germany or ireland!! the embassy there man I hope so but I cant wait for the mods and trust me when I do leave. YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE LAST OF LEGIO MUAHAHAHA!!

any way I was thinking will the moors be a growing power so there can be like a charls the hammer typ fellow of the franks! and give the franks more of a chance to make rather disiplined troops?

sorry i dont think they can create anyone like me

nice!!
    the world can love you or kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    sorry i dont think they can create anyone like me
    incredible

@Legio_XX
    the Franks have one of the best starting positions. Some units have strong roman influences etc...
    But I don't want tell too much now.

You will love it!

Will the extensive trade and diplomatic contacts beetwen Roman Empire and Romano British kingdoms during Justinian reconquists will be included? Maybe as some special buildings like "roman trade factory" or scripted Roman units spawned when you as Bitish king decided to be a Roman protectorate? or just Roman mercs?

First of all: your idea is super intersting. And from the historical side it is absolutely correct what you say. Without doubt.

I have to say that we don't have any solutions yet for this feature because we don't thought about it - until now ;-)

if you have more detailed suggestions please work out a concept with concrete solutions and send it via pm to me. I'm sure we can do something.

well done Draco!!

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Slap! I challenge you to a unit-preview. So talented modders but no sweet screenies for fans. Slap!.

oh athenogoras, you have no idea what happened inside the dev forum. 13 guys are working atm for AoD2.

But for a preview is no time...busy busy busy... and top secret ;-)
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; February 18, 2009 at 01:43 PM.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Ok. I forgive you. This time it was only a glove-slap. Next time will be a plate-mail gauntlet-slap.

Great mod I am playing the first vesion right now and waiting for the second .I hope it comes out soon .This mod also has a great music the tune Ilike most is when the battle picks up and I can hear choir.Just a great music for battle.

Yes, I know which sound-track you mean. I also love it.
    we remastered some tracks from AoD1 and put them into AoD2. I try to keep a certain identification with the first part.

But the bulk of the new music is made by Maxim Victor. Totally new samples. And those tracks underline the dark-age-feeling.

in AO1 are all the units same as IBFD like using attilas units?

The Romans are Attilas units, that's right. Other factions have some improved units, but the bulk are taken from Vanilla.

just a q instead of making a total conversion for RTW at this stage with ETW released why not just edit IB...