Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: [Questions?] You ask... we answer...

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Default Re: [Questions?] You ask... we answer...

@waspcelta
    Total War Center es un foro en idioma Inglés. Para preguntas detalladas (por ejemplo en espanol) puedes escribirme un mensaje privada.

But to say that clearly once more - and to answer the last question (of course in english), the decision to continue modding based on the old engine has been discussed long time ago. Attila is probably a phantastic game and provides an engine which offers amazing graphics and a better AI. Also the interface has been improved in many ways compared to the parent game Rome2.
    This is doubless the case - on the other hand the game-mechanics and the general overview combined with new textures and new models is still well located at RTW+BI. Some of us joined TWC 10 years ago (!) and the focal point of those people (including myself) has most likely changed to the rest of the (in parts) new community.
    The game itself fell certainly to the background. Meanwhile, other priorities are moved into the foreground. This would be the historical analysis, detailed questions on equipment, formations, political and geo-strategic circumstances and many others.
    Please do not misunderstand. The game is still the focus. But it was simply extended by many parts. The question on which engine you change is simply not the most important anymore. I was also asked many times to change the engine to M2TW (medieval 2) - leaving aside that this one is meanwhile old as well.
    If someone wants to create a modification on the basis of Attila, one can ask me anytime for advice - for example to improve the historical authenticity.
    But after more than six years of coding and modding a new generation is next in turn of doing this (I mean coding and modding based on a new engine). My "world" is RTW/BI/Alexander - and when our mod is done, there is still much to do concering research and to give suggestions etc. But there is for sure no jump to a new engine - at least not from my side.
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; July 13, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Hey, how are things going with the mod? Is there any news to report on it?

Can you, please, re-upload pictures of Theodosian walls and do you still working on the mod ?

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I remember someone saying an internal alpha was underway years ago... I wonder if they could, if they no longer want to continue work on this, upload what they have done if for no other reason than that all that hard work shouldn't be wasted, so other mod teams can use assets from it? Or better yet finish the mod haha
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Mikhail Stepanoff's Avatar Foederatus
    Russian Federation. Siberia. Krasnoyarsk City.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
    That's the secret of Mikhail.
    The mod is dead - when I say it's dead. So long as I have to work like a roman horse in my new house I have to stop modding "for a while"! That doesn't mean that the mod has been retired.
    Modding will go on when I find some more time.
    Nice to hear that!
    By the way, I completely support your decision to not change the engine! The RTW is still playable, especially if you have slow PC but strong intention to "smash some heads" on tactical map
    Longus penis basis vitae est! (c) my teacher of latin in university