Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: HundredYearsWar 0.99 - General Discussion

Default Re: HundredYearsWar 0.7 - open Beta

Stig: I believe we typed this at the same time.

So, whoever reads this has to take the average of our answers for the correct info.

I'm slow as always ... even beating you at it

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Hello ON A MOUNTAIN!! well first of all this mod has the potential to be the best mod about the 100 YEARS WAR it's really very good and almost as realistic as it could be i have started playing as England a few hours ago and i already have useful feedback for you mates so 1rst i cannot retrain my ships in any port of a castle or a town, (the game starts with galleys as a ship type and i don't know if that is intented or not or if it has something to do with retraining since i can only recruit cogs in the beginning) 2nd we definitely need increased unit movement since the map is much bigger (and this is a very nice map i have to say!!!) That's all for the time being gentlemen i'll provide more feedback as soon as i see something that needs fixing we hope to see the new version or at least a patch soon keep up the good work
    Last edited by Violator; November 17, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks Dark Elf.

Thanks for the feedback and the compliments!

Remember, it's only the beta, so things are still flowing, and I got a long list of things to be improved!

The movement rate was the first thing I changed, and it has also improved AI performance.

About the vessels I'll have to look at that, it's the first time I hear about that.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Will definitely have a go once the 1.0 comes out
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

It won't come out if you don't beta test it

*still searches for the whipping smiley*

hello, Can you put the link of the mod in another site please, i canīt download it, my internet tells me that canīt open the file. congratulations for the mod

I added it to Fileplanet as well:
    http://www.fileplanet.com/194500/190...ed-Years-War--

thanks for you rep thank you

And why in the cities to build Leather Tanner if there is no set of soldiers?
    You may have to return the recruitment of militias in the city? AI because many now lost ...

Quote Originally Posted by King Alexandr View Post
    You may have to return the recruitment of militias in the city? AI because many now lost ...
    For this beta we still do not have the mercenary units that will supply the main bodies of the armies.

Therefore, we have left the basic facilities so that depleted units can be restored without always having to return to the castles. This may change in later versions as mercenaries become widely available. Then it may be that you can only refill your hardcore units in the castles.

As merchants are not all right, it makes no sense to recruit them ...
    Over 30 moves merchant still gives paltry income does not get the experience and not paying attention to earnings growth cities ...
    Last edited by Russian NORMAN; November 17, 2008 at 02:39 PM.

That has little to do with this mod mate, but more with the coding in MTW2
    We have not changed anything concerning merchants

In fact, we are looking for ways to reduce the spawning of priests, merchants and diplomats, which the AI never ceases to create, endlessly.

Mod is very promising, the topic of gold, even the beta is a complete success! Thank you.
    So far, all clearly on the history.

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by King Alexandr View Post
    Well, in fact leather tanners and the other smiths will be in, so that you can upgrade your unit's armour at cities too. It is not strange to find a good armourer even in a medieval city, or a good piece of armour on it's markets
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

Bremen - islamic 42% ?!?

Yes.

Let me explain this. When we began making our mod, Kingdoms had not yet been released, so there were no cultures. However, we needed a mechanism to make certain provinces want to rebel (for instance Wales).
    The only way we could see this was by making them islamic or orthodox.

We are right now working on installing cultures into our mod so that this aberration can be corrected.

I apologise!

In your plans include making forts stone?

Century War still ...

We may introduce stone forts in a future issue.

As I was working on about 2 dozen identified map micro-bugs and balance issues I took the suggestions of some of you to heart and gave the British Isles a complete workover, enhancing the overall topography in order to make it look hillier, and pouring over historic maps to introduce the large forest areas which were missing in the first issue.

The reason for this is that I worked mostly from satellite data, and unfortunately nowadays Britain has got almost none of the vast forests left that once dominated the landscape. Who hasn't heard of Sherwood Forest, or even the Wychwood forest of fairytales..., and who actually HAS heard of the Lincoln and Yorkshire Forests that once covered large areas?

Here is a couple of goodies:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have also increased the total number of regions by seven to a total of 121.

Meanwhile stig and vas have been very busy creating new factions and an astonishing number of mercenary units...