Page 1 of 119 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Modification Recommendations

Looking for that special mod, a mod that suits your needs, but you're new to the forums or you're just too damn lazy to look for it your self? Ask away here. Even if you're just looking for the most popular mod at the moment, this is the thread to cover your questions.

Icon3 Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Well, i guess i will start by asking what is the main differences between what seem to answer my wishes: Deus Lo vult, Land to Conquer, Rise of Kings and Anno Domini. Would you recommend one in particular? What I am looking for is:
    - longer campaign
    - strategy for late campaign (large empire costs more)
    - improved AI, both campaign and battle
    - ancillaries improvements, better hereditary vices and virtues and such
    - better formations
    - raised overall game difficulty
    - raised siege difficulty (those massive walls crumble waaaay too fast!!!)

Thanks to all
    Cheers

etz

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

I tried other mods only briefly, but to me, Lands to Conquer was flawless. Or, let's say, almost flawless... And it fulfills all your conditions there as far as I'm concerned. And after all, it's made by the legendary Lusted. (kidding... I hope it doesn't offend anyone, and you don't consider it a big reason to play LtC)

I've tried Road to Jerusalem,and Vanilla + Darth Mod. RtJ was a bit to easy in my opinion, giving money too easily... I was a big fan of RTR, not for the realism (I don't really care), but for the longer battle and improved gameplay.

Right now, I deeply hesitates between Land To Conquer and Stainless Steel, both ready for 1.2. I can see Stainless Steel has more shiny goodies ("Blood, Broads, & Bastards" features, new faction, graphics, mercenaries), while LTC is more pure and may be more balanced.

So, anyone can help me ?

Thanks to all

Tom Servo's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by LapinDuracell View Post
    I've tried Road to Jerusalem,and Vanilla + Darth Mod. RtJ was a bit to easy in my opinion, giving money too easily... I was a big fan of RTR, not for the realism (I don't really care), but for the longer battle and improved gameplay.

Right now, I deeply hesitates between Land To Conquer and Stainless Steel, both ready for 1.2. I can see Stainless Steel has more shiny goodies ("Blood, Broads, & Bastards" features, new faction, graphics, mercenaries), while LTC is more pure and may be more balanced.

So, anyone can help me ?

Thanks to all
    I'd say Stainless Steel is a bit buggy and untested. I'm personally using LTC for the 1.2 patch.

I'd say Stainless Steel is a bit buggy and untested. I'm personally using LTC for the 1.2 patch.
    Well, SS is a very complex and big mod and I can assure you that I've used most of my time to test all the new features.
    Also I make very regular updates and I'm constantly searching for bugs and a better balance for the campaign and battles.
    The new SS 3.1 patch eliminates all known bugs of the 3.0 full version.

And finally I think LTC and SS are quite different mods, if you want to play a better vanilla game go for LTC, if you want a harder game and an overhaul of most game aspects you should try SS.

Just my little self-promotion...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Default The best texture mod

What, in your opinion, is the best unit texture mod. I'm currently using burreks textures.

What do you think is good?

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Default Re: The best texture mod

-Burrek's the most complete at the moment.

-If you are a Byzantinophile, Whitewolf's is the way to go.

-DisgruntledGoat has been showing amazing screenies from his work on the Byzantine faction on his faction-after-faction retexturing mod.

-English Redressed is a good effort concentrating on the english faction only, although not my cup of tea.

Do the texture mods impact performance at all?

Are there any mods that have a significantly smaller map, similar to the original Viking Invasion expansion?

There's also a reskin of the Turkish faction which adds some variety to the CA skins...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76393

EzE's Avatar Libertus

Have there been any mythology mods? Not sure if this is possible but I love mythology and would like to know if anyone has tackled this or plans to.

Depends what you mean by mythology. There are some fantasy mods out there, if this is what you're asking...

EzE's Avatar Libertus

I guess mythology could be considered fantasy. I was thinking more like the Illiad and Odyssey type of mythology. Greek and Roman Gods and battles involving humans that have certain gods behind them. Maybe the cultures that worship the same god band together to attakc opposing cultures that worship other gods. Or something like the Trojan War with heroes like Achilles and Hector.

If not, then are there any fantasy mods that are complete yet? I see alot in the works but did not notice any complete or in the beta stage yet.

There is a Troy: Total War (for RTW). Other than that, nothing done...

EzE's Avatar Libertus

Thanks

I will check it out.

Default mod for iceland

is there a mod that includes iceland and upper norway, plus perhaps more of africa down to oxum and more of india?

Default Re: mod for iceland

Here is the thread to ask.
    And Miak's Extended Map mod is maybe the closest thing - although it's not done yet, and it doesn't include Iceland as far as I know.
    Here is Miak's mod.

Default Re: mod for iceland

Wrath of the Norsemen in the Hosted Mod section is also adding Iceland, but they are in need of modders right now.

Laetus

Hi,

(I'm not new, not lazy, but I really can't find it...)

If I remember it correct, there was once a mod for mtw2 were you was able to play with the Roman Empire. Not the Holy Roman Empire but the people who once conquered the main part of Europe (and Northern Africa)

I think, they where situated in Rome and the papal states moved to.......?
    The storyline was sort of.. The Western part of the Empire didn't fall but was declined to just the city of Rome..

A real fantasy mod, back then I wasn't interested but now, getting bored of real and accurate play, without some factions I'd rather see, I do want to play this mod!

So:
    Can anyone remember this mod?
    Does anyone know where I can download this mod?
    If not, is anyone interested in creating this mod?