Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 196994109110111112113114115116117118119
Results 2,361 to 2,368 of 2368

Thread: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Default Animations mod?

Hello
    Not sure if this is the right place, but i have a question, could you recomend any combat aimations submods that are newish kinda(i would like to put them in my third age divide and conquer ) if there are any or some other cool submods which are not that known?
    Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Animations mod?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1946 View Post
    Hello
    Not sure if this is the right place, but i have a question, could you recomend any combat aimations submods that are newish kinda(i would like to put them in my third age divide and conquer ) if there are any or some other cool submods which are not that known?
    Thank you in advance.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...9-Deus-Lo-Vult
    Deus lo Vult (DLV) with the mini mods is a must try. The main DLV mod itself has been dead the past decade, but if you look at the mini mod subforum, you’ll find Battlefield Balanced (BB) + Western Unit Overhaul (WUO). Both of these have massively overhauled DLV. There is some unique role playing elements and scripts in BB: special general ancillary such as legendary weapons, governor vs general career, limited army supplies/foraging, foreign soil expenditures, and more. The role playing part of DLV was turned down to a more manageable and less tedious with the mini mod. The campaign is difficult, and you can’t exploit the AI as well as vanilla. Enemies are dangerous and allies are dependable. The campaign map is one of the best I’ve ever seen.

BB also significantly changed the battle system. Each unit is classified in tiers from weak to elite. Custom animations and fatalities were added accordingly with balancing in mind to the unit’s cost, armor, and experience. The battle AI is very capable, and it will hold its ground against your normal tactics. As for the unit skins, WUO has overhauled the European factions with very beautiful units such as archers with bowstring, varying shields, and capability with armor upgrades. I recommend reading BB’s first page where Taiji, the creator, outlines all the changes he has done to DLV.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...lt-25-01-15-gt
    Realisitc Recruiting and Building
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2324 (Mod)

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Also, a few years ago, I played a mod that had flaming artillery such as trebuchet and catapults that left a smoky trail that lingered on the battlefield for about 5-10 seconds. Is anyone familiar with that? I’m curious how I can implement this visual effect to my game. I’ve tried searching for the mod, but without any luck. Most instances I’ve searched to modify the effect of projectile trail via the txt is mostly about fire arrows and their square smokes. Thank you.

Flavius Eugenius's Avatar Laetus

Good day!I have a question: which Medieval 2 mod has female Roman portraits?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good afternoon comarades, does anyone know where I might find the Pike and musket mod PMTW? I understand it covers French wars of religion, English civil war and thirty years war.
    I'm also looking for a Mongol invasion mod. The Tartar invasion being the focus, as opposed to an incident that might arrive if you continue long enough Broken Crescent.
    Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; July 08, 2021 at 12:16 PM.

is there English translation for Warring State Mod?

Hello guys, where can i learn how to modify descr_strat file in Medieval 2? i tried to set up Mongols as one of the starting factions, just gave them Sarkel, copied the England king and set him up as Mongol king but 20 years old
    i also set up X Y coordinates for him, changed Sarkel to be Mongolian based settlement instead of Russian, interesting things have happened when i loaded new campaign, intro was from Byzantium and no country except rebels loaded, all map full of rebels everywhere and me as the only nation as Mongols, it didnt crash tho so it should be possible that i create some new character as a king to make it work as should?
    i also read that some other file could be edited to decide where Mongols are gonna spawn, what program should i use to edit all that? and also would it be possible to set up Mongolian spawning at the beginning of the game without city as playable nation? i think it should be possible
    i know there are already mods that allow to play Mongols but i want either start from settlement without buildings with one general or i want to take control of the horde spawning without a city, editting things yourself is really fun

Do you have geomod tool setup in the m2tw folder? If not then find the page that has geomod tool download it and install into the m2tw folder. I use that for my mods if I want to modify the descr_strat file, however, be aware that you need to be care when using that tool because you will make a mistake somewhere and geomod tool won't fully save.