Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 6.2, RC4 released

Default Re: Patch time, finally. (beta ver2 released)

Gracul - Have about finished integrating RR + your patch + BFTB + optional BGR + optional tweaks by Rozanov from the other thread. Still needs testing though.
    Last edited by Point Blank; November 18, 2008 at 01:32 PM.

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

This is not a mod, it is a beta version of the upcoming patch for SS.
    Since KK doesn't have time to make one right now (TATW), i am the one that is going to prepare the patch, with the help from a few other people.
    The 'patch' part is however not everything that will be done, the rooster mods will be integrated with the patch together with newest RR/RC (not all features and limitations) and will be presented as base for SS. Optional install options will surely include full RR/RC and BGRIV.

EDIT:
    Nice work PB, but im still going to do some tweaks to both EDB and campaign scripts/descr_strats of both campaigns. Shouldn't take me more then 2 days to finalise most of the stuff.

Great patch!
    Last edited by Point Blank; November 18, 2008 at 01:57 PM.

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hi gracul, a software glitch keep me from testing for 2 days but I got a chance to try out beta2 yesterday. It's much Improved. Ran two tests as fatamids on hard/vh through 12 turns, first time just watching,2nd time playing.

The Ai expansion is fine-only Uppsala,Turku, and the Arabian peninsula still in rebel hands(due to distances). Bruges got surrounded by france, england, HRE, and scotland-fell to France once,scotland once. The English stack then went for a vacation on the french Riviera and took in some bullfights in Pampalona! The Moors went for Marseille(got beat to it) and then Florence (took it).

Rebelions are still a problem-Smyrna rebelled turn 2, Seljuks sent troops after it, seiged it T3, caputured T4 (byzantine turn is before seljuk). Byz moved garrison out-that seems to be the cause everywhere of rebelions.
    Jerusalem lost population every turn(-3.5% to -1%) even with King Jean in place. Nicaea allso losing pop on T12-unable to check other cities yet.
    Mongols are conquering nicely-made peace with Khwarezmian, went back to war 3 turns later-just crushing Cumans-but no attacks on Kiev.

KOJ attacked T12-I then offered Byz an alliance(balanced offer?) which they accepted-(fatamids already allied w/Seljuks)-maybe some adjustment needed there? Got to go now & kick some KOJ but

What should I do with the Eras_swapper.bat? Run it in Data or something?

Artifex

Nope, you run it from Stainless_Steel_6 folder. It swaps the early era campaign with late era so you get a playable late era hotseat.

Artifex

Ok well, i have the mongol invasion script and AI city revolt issue both finished.

Mongols are pretty nice now, they are so nice i can actually tell exactly what will they do.
    Turn 1 seige Khiva Urgench and Konjikala
    Turn 2 assault the cities, Aradai from Urgench will move north to Jaiksk and start war with Cumans, Bayan will move south to capture Gorgan, Nayuk accompanied by a Captain (actually its the AI who is sending him there hes not scripted ;d) will try to capture Mashhad.
    Turn 3 nothing
    Turn 4 Nayuk and Bayan reach the cities and seige the settlements
    Turn 5 Nayuk and Bayan assault the cities, Aradai is seigin Konjikala
    Turn 6 Aradai is assaulting Konjikala, a historical event pops up and we got 4 more stacks near sarkel/astrakhan
    Turn 7 Sarkel/Astrakhan are being seiged
    Turn 8 are conquared, Orda is heading for Tmurtrakan and that other guy will conquare Azaq.
    Turn 11 - Mongols have atleast 10 regions, are still pumped in cash and still have a lot of reserves, what will happen next is unknwn
    Turn 30 - 2 stacks will popup to capture Kiev in a historical event.
    Turn 50 - 3 Stacks will try to conquare Baghdad.

Now after i release this ill need some people to play stricly Cumans and Khwarezmians, + ill need someone to waste and hour getting games to turn 50 by just pressing end turn and seeing how mongols move and what they do and write a report on that (best when you play Norawy cuz no diplomats or merchants are walking there).

Guess ill release the next ver on saturday or smth... hoping i can do smth with the family trees by that time, adjust the late era vicotry conditions, and tinker around with R's ideas.

This is just a suggestion but could we add a feature that we could configure retreat path on the campaign map, like the mod Lands to Conquer? I think its something even vanilla needs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Volunteering to play Norway.

If this goes as you've described the Mongols will be the best threat they've been in a long, long time.

I'll DL it sometime this weekend and play as kwarez or cumans to check the mongols.

EDIT: One thing I wanted to try is to tweak the Mongols for both historical accuracy and hopefully to increase their aggression was to change the armies they spawned with. I want to take away the crappy infantry archers they start with and give them one full stack of cavalry and a stack of cavalry and mongol infantry. What files do I need to edit to do that?
    Last edited by HighLord z0b; November 21, 2008 at 12:28 AM.

Gracul,
    Did you nerf the chivalry bonus to population? How do I change that back? And did you also slow population growth overall? My cities are not growing near as fast as they used to.

Does this mod change ownership of any units or models or something? I've tried installing it with RAJ but when I start it just crashes at the loading screen. All RAJ does is change descr_projectile, change the velocity, angle etc of the arrows, it also edits export_descr_units, but all it does it change the damage of arrows. I don't see why this would crash it unless some unit is changed/added that isn't in the RAJ files.

Artifex

Yep, model changes for a couple of units and ownership change for 1 unit

Quote Originally Posted by Wildassman View Post
    Gracul,
    Did you nerf the chivalry bonus to population? How do I change that back? And did you also slow population growth overall? My cities are not growing near as fast as they used to.
    Quark was doing changes to that, now population growth in cities and in castles is a bit different and refelcts how important trade was.

@HighLord z0b
    sorry i haven't seen your edit. You need to edit the custom_script.txt found in data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Late_Era_Campaign and descr_strat.txt in same folder. Search for "Jebe" in both.

Edit:
    Ok, i think ive got the mongol invasion nailed, tho will need people to just test how mongols do in the longer run.
    Settlements rebelling fixed using PB's trick - since i think its not nice when settlements rebel then public order was pumped by 70% (you won't believe what the AI was doing, they would march the army out of a city in which they left a bad general whom gave a lot of public unrest... and leave it like that on 20% public order).
    Settlement growth - well i decided to go back to old KK's mechanic instead Quark's one, it would take too long to balance Q's file.
    I have also pumped the AI's cash by alot, now they dont hit the bottom on first turns, but they spam armies which is not so good, well atleast not in combination with mods like BGR
    Last edited by gracul; November 21, 2008 at 08:31 PM.

Gracul, I don't know if it's intended or a bug, but I noticed that the AI don't use any artillery whatsoever. Even in the gunpowder age, they upgrade artillery buildings to max as if they depended on it, but they never actually build artillery. The only faction that I've seen with artillery is scotland, and they built about a half army of catapults. Maybe this is something worth looking into?

Artifex

Beta version 3 released.
    Changes:
    Rewritten mongol invasion
    AI rebellions dealt with
    Minor changes.
    Diplomacy should improve a bit.

@Sorkenlol
    I'll try but it seems that i won't e able to do much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Patch 6.2, beta version 3

D/Ling now. I'll run 25 turns as Norway doing a "watching turtle" campaign & report back later today or tonight. I'm thinking of making a few spies for intelligence gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    D/Ling now. I'll run 25 turns as Norway doing a "watching turtle" campaign & report back later today or tonight. I'm thinking of making a few spies for intelligence gathering.
    Just use the toggle_fow command at the command console (on my setup it is the ' or @ key) to see the whole map. Then use the same command to turn it off again before you end your turn
    member of S.I.N.

how do I intergrate your beta mod 3 with the latest from RC/RR for testing?

Artifex

Well since i dont have the rr files i cant tell.
    Guess PB would have to release something that would add the new changes ive made but since its still a VIP then i doubt anyone would put so much effort into it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

@ginger_hammer Using toggle_fow alone will not allow you to see inside a city, only getting a spy inside a city (OR STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO IT) will work. Then you can learn the population, income, growth rate, and public order. I normally use toggle_fow for a look around the world every 10 or so turns. It's the only cheat I've used in the TWO years I've played M2TW. SS since 3.1 I am the God-Emperor of the Lurkers.

On to the report-Norway on med/med thru 25 turns. The cities revolting problem appears fixed, only Zhytomyr on turn 13 (from Poland) revolted in 25 turns.

The Mongol Invasion is working fairly well, 10 provinces and more money then they started with.
    The AI factions have taken almost every rebel province and their money and armies are growing larger. (And Mongols are not in the top 5 militaries!)
    Jerusalam got jihaded and Frankfurt crusaded. Papel states GONE, Cumans and TO down to one province, HRE down to seven. Wars everywhere since turn 12.
    Growth was good (2.5 to 4%) in every city I checked.

Two problems-got Flash Flood notice on T14, it was in the sea north of Benghazi.(?)
    2nd) Danish family tree-the King dies of old age T5-get New Family Member notice T8 (a girls's name, I believe) but both young King and his princess sister are unmarried. Turn 13 find some old guy (age 56) in oslo listed as faction heir (he dies turn 23) Never got marriage or adoption proposals and neither old guy or baby shows in family tree. Could this be why Norway often breaks apart early?