Page 16 of 123 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 6.2, RC4 released

Libertus

Default Re: Patch 6.2, RC 2

Thank you for this patch..

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Black- View Post
    6.1 has a stupid AI so people made up mods like BGR and RR to limit the player. But it doesn't fix AIs stupidity at all... Looking forward for 6.2 ! You should not include BGR and RR yourself. In my opinion 6.2 is a patch and BGR + RR are still submods, so they need to fix themself
    BGR is not intended to help a stupid ai. It is recommended to be used with the best ai and currently includes an ai that is more damaging than any I've used to date.
    Last edited by Byg; December 15, 2008 at 07:03 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

6.1 has a stupid AI so people made up mods like BGR and RR to limit the player. But it doesn't fix AIs stupidity at all... Looking forward for 6.2 ! You should not include BGR and RR yourself. In my opinion 6.2 is a patch and BGR + RR are still submods, so they need to fix themself
    I think you have missed the point of these two sub mods, there intention is to make the game more realistic and to add greater detail. I am using Lusted Battle and Campaign AI sub mods and very pleased and I have had a very enjoyable campaign to date.
    I rely on militia units and Light Infantry, with mercenaries providing heavier units to give a stronger army and small numbers of elite Infantry and Cavarly. I find ZERO FUN in steam rollering the AI.

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

I work with both Byg and PB and trust me 6.2 will be launched containing BGR and RR as a submod. I take those mods as ones that 'don't have to get in everyones taste', but there has been done a tremendous amount of work on them.
    I also take it that those 2 won't be the only possible submods that will come with the 6.2 installer. When my work is done, every submod producer will be able to download it and merge his mod so that the patch will really make the installing part easier. And we shall wait for everyone that expresses his desire to add his submod to 6.2 install program.

AI seem to be a tad too strong in my tests. Current english campaign turn 19 late era. I started by taking the rebel fortress near aragorn as a stepping stone for my Crusades against the moors.

Once a crusade was called i sent a stack to Granada and one to cordoba half way there Aragorn attack me with two full stacks along with a stack from france. Then scotland attack york with a full stack , Ireland attack dublin with a full stack and HRE who are now allied with scotland blockade nottinghams port the turn after scotland attack york which is weird cause 6 turns before scotland attacked my i have a marriage alliance with HRE with outstanding relations.

Anyways none of that was really a problem untill i turned off Fow and took a look around . Scotland took bruges , angers and groningen(sp?) and have full stack in that area. Have a Full stack attacking york. A full stack wondering around near norways capital, 2 full stacks and half a stack at edinborough and williamce wallace (full stack) stood around in the highlands. Thats 6 and a half stacks on turn 19. Venice has 4 and half , Portugal has 5 , HRE has 5 etc etc

I can manage 2 full stacks , another would put me into the red.

Ive been dreaming of this thing we are calling 6.2 installer, a colaboration of all the peeps who make SS even greater. Thanks modders for all your work in making this game just perfect.

major's Avatar Libertus

There's a bug in battle deployment card. My forces aren't attacking an army of Knights Templar.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thank you for all of your efforts gracul! (and all the others contributing to this)

And to everyone else: When you write how your campaign is doing, please write what difficulty you are playing at. So i can compare a little.

I heard that playing medium 6.2 is like playing very hard in 6.1 is this true or how is it?

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Wizav85 View Post
    I can manage 2 full stacks , another would put me into the red.
    Yeh im going to change the money script back to the way it was. It was fine till RC2 when i introduced a settlement bonus to the faction without turning down the money script.

@major
    thnx, remember that i haven't balanced mongols when played by the human YET

@twp127
    Thats my guess.

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Actually, I wonder if it's possible to change the name of the difficulty level on the start-up screen to the new names the levels deserve? Easy becomes very hard, medium becomes Impossible, hard gets changed to Suicidal and very hard we can call "Abandon all hope. . ." Or should medium be Suicidal and hard Impossible?

Ok, I love the way the rebel armies are now willing to seige and attack you in the field. I saw one rebel army attack 3 different Castilian armies on the same turn. But giving their generals titles and ancilliaries is too much (actually just a bug -early Moors turn 20 my Caliph has the Moors privy seal and I doubt he's ex-Fatamid.)

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    actually just a bug -early Moors turn 20 my Caliph has the Moors privy seal and I doubt he's ex-Fatamid.
    Can you explain, because i seem not to understand? I never used the privy seal anyway

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    Somehow i don't follow you.
    He implied that PP has its own AI files, which are significantly better then the 6.1 Lusted's AI. That is not true, because PP uses 6.1 Lusted's AI.
    The first post of this thread also holds some information about what has been done with the AI.
    oh i see the confusion haha.

"The ai in perfectly polished seemed significantly better than SS 6.1 with Lusted's ai, so I was wondering if the ai is alot better in 6.2 than in perfectly polished"

I read this as him saying that pp's ai is better than that of ss6.1 because pp is programmed with lusted's ai

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That screenshot is the rebel general and his unit (part of army) attacking my castle between Fes and Oran (can't remember the name). I doubt that he was a Fatamid general awarded their privy seal and then rebelled, went wandering thru the Sahara, picked up some troops and decided he wants a new home.

The bug, of course, is that rebel characters shouldn't be getting ancilleries. Can you fix this? Of course, he's better than any general I've got except for family members.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

rebel generals have been getting the privy seal since SS6.1 (had them)

can't see the problem with them getting some ancilliaries. Gives them some sort of character.

(Can rebels create man of the hour generals?)

maxstill's Avatar Semisalis

gracul can you pease make AOR for your mod?

Yeh im going to change the money script back to the way it was. It was fine till RC2 when i introduced a settlement bonus to the faction without turning down the money script.
    Thanks. I also noticed that taxes were a little differant in RC2. Going from high to very high taxes reduced loyalty by 40% in some of my cities and put me in the red(unhappy face)): Without being able to raise taxes to very high, the early campaign will be very difficult. Is there a script for settlement taxes that can be changed. It seemed ok before the release of RC2.

Artifex

Well it seems im going to ditch the scripted attack of mongols. I was tinkering a bit with the AI and it seems that i can make mongols conquer quite a lot of land, although slower, but without scripting any attacks. Hopefully they are going to get about 25 provinces before a script is launched in the game that will change their AI profile to a less aggressive one.

@Vae victis
    I haven't changed that at all.

@maxstill
    If you want AOR, you should try playing Point Blank's RR.

@Vae victis I haven't changed that at all.
    Whoops My Bad.

Lol, I was playing Rome Total Realisim EXRE too much, and thought that somthing looked differant. In RTR when you raise taxes, happiness only decreases by 10 to 15% at most. Is tax-rate somthing that can be looked at in future patches or is it hard-coded?

arg i cant wait for this to be released!

Default Re: Patch 6.2, RC 1

Quote Originally Posted by Princeofhell View Post
    Screen

OMG an army of silver surfers! There goes the known world....