Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 6.2, RC4 released

Icon7 Re: Patch 6.2, RC 1

Hello again. I know that speaking and gaming is more easier than making mod. . But let me say : Please make script that Crusaders will have so much power that they will be able to take holy city and Templars emerges at historical time. This will be more historical. and as I said above please make mongols pagan. I think everybody will agree. Thanks
    Most surely man is in loss,
    Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other truth, and enjoin on each other patience.

Default Re: Patch 6.2, RC 1

My Seljuks Hand Gunners have no skins. They appear as shiny metallic things. Can someone help me with this?

Hand Gunners're normal in custom battle but problem is Late_Era campaign...
    Last edited by Princeofhell; December 04, 2008 at 01:25 PM.

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

Wow this 6.2 RCx patch looks fantastic....

Daft question is this still in the beta stage + if so will it be an official SS 6.2 patch when it is released?

Thanks
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

@Ships
    In patch 6.2 no more will pirates spawn on small lakes, however the real problem is that if the region is adject to the actual sea then it has a mercenary cog available to purchase. Because the AI is stupid it can purchase that cog while next to a lake, spawning a non-movable ship where they can park their armies. I could remove the problem in the Jerusalem region tho.

@Vegetation
    Constantinople will no longer be a jungle area, but i can't do anything with the battlemap vegetation - however i think its doable (look at wolfslayers experimental steppes).

@Alliances
    Religion is not a factor for Kiev/Novgorod so they can basically ally with anyone. Nearly every game pope will ally with Venice first, but then its random and ive run a lot of test games.

@Crusader States
    Templars/KoJ were already buffed by me, about the merging we need to talk to KK!

Quote Originally Posted by Conan's Might
    Daft question is this still in the beta stage + if so will it be an official SS 6.2 patch when it is released?
    This patch will be the base for KK who will add rooster mods and then release it.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Kolaris8472 View Post
    And whats the plan with compatibility with RR/SSTC? Are you going to incorporate them sometime in the future?
    I see CBUR is planned for this mod, which I think would be a great addition. But as of right now, it isn't SSTC compatible. It would be great to have both, so perhaps they could kill 2 birds with 1 stone?

Oh, and perhaps this has been brought up, perhaps it hasn't, but shouldn't the Cumans have different portraits? Perhaps the same as the Mongols? They were of a similar ethnic stock and it just seems weird that they have the same portraits as the european factions.

EDIT: And I believe the Templars and KoJ should be merged. I understand SS started because of KK's love for the Templars, but in all honesty, they don't really seem to fit. Sorry KK
    Last edited by Seether; December 04, 2008 at 02:49 PM.

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

This patch will be the base for KK who will add rooster mods and then release it.
    Conan nods his head in quite anticipation

Awesome....
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So this is just a sub mod now and not the official 6.2 release?Or is it intended to be part of an official 6.2 release?Or is it just an optional sub mod?.......................Nevermind i saw the above post.(This patch will be the base for KK who will add rooster mods and then release it.)
    Last edited by OSDEA7; December 04, 2008 at 04:15 PM.

I have SS 6.1 installed. With SSTC+1.2 patch+hotfix and then on top the RR 1.7 and RC 1.2 sub mod installed.

Given that, is it worth installing this mod? Will it work if I do?

All help gratefully received!

Cheers

Sharrow
    The Devshirme
    On the night the scarlet horsemen took him away - from all that he knew and all he might have known - the moon waxed full in Scorpio, sign of his birth, and as if by the hand of God its incandescence split the alpine valley sheer into that which was dark and that which was light, and the light lit the path of devils to his door.

Quote Originally Posted by Princeofhell View Post
    My Seljuks Hand Gunners have no skins. They appear as shiny metallic things. Can someone help me with this?

Hand Gunners're normal in custom battle but problem is Late_Era campaign...
    Screen

Is there any chance to see unique models and skins for heirs and faction leaders? I know there's a submod about it, but I think that adding this simple setting (the king model appears in fact in the game, it's the "Generic King strat model", and it can be reconverted into a battle model) would improve a lot the character of the game. Besides, there's the issue of the full-plate generals, which very few are happy with. Removing the awful helmet and placing a normal head with visible face, even a "templar-like" helmet, would be an enormous improvement.

I'ts just a little suggestion, I suppose many have said the same.

Take care!
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Can we nerf the happiness and law bonuses for AI walls please?

I know the idea is to prevent AI settlement revolts, but they are part of the game. We need to allow for the possibility of revolts without suffering too many of them that it kills factions off. (And I suspect that many of the initial reports of revolts doing that were people mistaking revolts as causes of factions being destroyed, rather than being the products of factions being destroyed.)

The AI spends a lot of time and effort into trying to induce revolts using diplomats, princesses, spies, assassins, priests and blockades etc. Completely preventing any revolts means the AI is wasting its time and money doing something it is programmed to do.

Effectively this is dealing with symptoms, not causes, and one of the causes was traits given to AI generals. I understand that there was a proposal to remove them, which should help (though it does make them rather similar) - if it does then the case for lowering happiness and law bonuses is improved. (Might help with slowing down growth rate of settlements too.)

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Only twenty turns into a Moorish campaign after reloading SS6.1 and your patch, but still.....

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...+Rep

Not Worthy
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Princeofhell View Post
    Screen
    Hmm i cannot trace this problem, can you send me a save file?

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas View Post
    Only twenty turns into a Moorish campaign
    Send me some screenies of how mongols progress, how is the diplomacy, how is the pope handling all his stuff and etc thats quite valuable informatiom.

Default Re: Patch time, finally. (beta ver2 released)

Quote Originally Posted by ignasigh View Post
    This could be a silly question by now but...what's this mod about?
    dude i am right there with you, que le whats the mod about pasa!?

Artifex

The next version will be released tomorrow evening or monday morning.
    I would use the assistance of a 2d artist to make 3 buildings, if there are any volunteers.

@Darkshanks
    Beta version of a patch.

I don't know if this is a bug,I am playing with Poland early era.whenever I build stonewall,I get asked to build teutonic house thing,but I can't recruit the knights from it.Everything else is fine,only thing is that everybody attack HRE.
    Anyway,great stuff

Artifex

Yeh sorry i was testing something and forgot about it, anyways it wont be like that in the next ver.

Hello i tried your mod for 2 campaign whit the HRE vh/vh .

Excomunied right at start and in war whit the papal state i found that every catholic faction will allie whit the pope while i cant get any alliance .

Around turn 20 france danish milan venice poland declared war to me so it was a mather of time so i started all over .

This time right at start i gave florence bolognia to the pope and got reconcilied . i managed to get a alliance whit the pope for some thousand of florin but still any catholic faction wanted to allie whit me even whit very generous trade .

So after around 30 turn same thing happened france send stack to brenn declaring war on me since they were in alliance block whit most catholic faction all who share border whit me declared war turn after turn , the pope most of time will break the alliance whit me even whit perfect standing . Giving im a city will get back my alliance and stop the war but for 2 turn max .

So i desinstalled it and will watch for your next release

Great work and thanks

ps sry for my english .

Artifex

Thanks for you feedback Caesar'!

Yes i must agree with you that the war with pope at start is not so nice, but then you have about 11 turns to get along with him - or if you are a good tactician you can use HRE war machine to conquer a couple settlements, and give 1 back to the pope for peace and start invading other factions while paying the pope.

Hard and Very hard are definitively going to be a lot harder here in this patch. Not only will the AI seek to expand on your territories and ally against you, but also it won't make the stupid mistakes it once did. Although it won't be able to field so many armies like it used to, its still going to be a lot more dangerous then before. If you want to play a 'very hard SS6.1' then you might think of playing on medium...medium 6.2 = very hard 6.1.

Artifex

DB error? my post flew from page 12 to 11 hmm..
    Last edited by gracul; December 07, 2008 at 05:07 PM.