Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Default Patch 6.2, RC4 released

NEW RELEASE
    SOON !!!!

is out:

Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

Note: If you still want to play 6.2, be aware that due to 6.3 being released, it is no longer supported.

Download mirrors, thanks to bane_tw

Full all version installer (6.1+6.2+6.2mini-patch)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27117852....0_and_6.1.exe
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5MKI7DZX
    Small bug fixes here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...67#post5782167

Using the work of: wolfslayer, Quark, Rozanov, caralampio, Byg, Santiago de Pola, agart (strat model castles), Soupdragon (watchtower), Loose Cannon (beta tester), Point Blank (rr/rc), ziher (darker nights), y2day (unit info cards, faction symbols, splash screen), Horsearcher(skymod), Ketchup (text writer), Argent Usher (real horse), Csatádi (hungarian map), gewehr36 (pagan mongols), many other people that suggested features/reported bugs/delivered small fixes.

To play, you need a clean SS 6.1 install (no byg or rr ticked during patch 6.1 patch install too, if you have a previous rc installed over clean 6.1 then its ok also).
    This patch is not compatible with any submod right now.
    To install, point the installer at the Medieval 2 folder, not the Stainless_Steel_6 one.

Difficulty system.
    It has came to my attention that some people are not prepared for this sudden boost.
    Right now:
    easy/medium SS6.2(both are nearly same) = hard/very hard SS6.1(both are nearly same)
    hard SS6.2 = really hard game
    very hard SS6.2 = with some factions nearly impossible (try playing Late Era with moors, khwarezm or hre)

Featuring:
    1. Bug Fixes
    Fixed more bugs than you can imagine and corrected many typos, greatly enhancing game play and reducing the number of CTD's in strategy map to 0! (in over 30 150+ turn games no CTD at all!)

2. AI Update
    AI won't let the human player get a lot of alliances and live a peaceful life!
    AI will form alliance block to fight against the common enemy, human or computer!
    AI really likes to do a TOTAL WAR!
    The Golden Horde will try to annihilate anything on its path!

3. Map fine-tune
    Greatly enhanced AI's pathfinding - no more armies wandering around without a reason!
    No more will the armies get stuck or march back and forth in the same positions!

4. Improvements
    Adjusted the bonuses of buildings!
    Reduced AI Army Spam!
    More resources on the map for the taking of your greedy merchants!
    Added the battle editor - now you can make your own historical battles on SS!
    New interactive event - Troubadours!
    New/updated traits and ancillaries!
    Playable hotseat Late Era using the Swapper!
    Including castle strategy models!
    Including New EE watchtower model!
    Including text improvements by Ketchup!
    Including Darker nights mod!
    Including Sky/weather mod!
    Including Smoother Steppes!
    Including unit info cards by Y2day!

5. In the future
    Rooster mods integrity - CBUR, Knights Templar, Novgorod and Teutonic Order!
    Pagan mongols, conquering vast territories in the name of the sky god!
    Newest Real Combat integrity!
    Easy to use sub-mod installer!

Note: The future can be found here...
    Last edited by bɑne; September 14, 2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: updated for 6.3

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Patch time, finally. (under construction)

Sounds great...ETA?

Artifex

I guess about 2 weeks should be fine.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

sweet, your awesome. Question playing as the T.O. you never (or at least from what I remember) get the options for fairs, and all those extra events, is there a way to change that?
    And what is the Teutonic stratmodel Fix +++ (effect level 2 !) fix?

Artifex

Teutonic fix is realted to the leader not having the right stratmodel on the campaign map.
    Teutonic also get the special fairs and such, there is no bug here.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    merge rooster mods
    Leave my birds alone!
    Sorry couldn't resist! Curious, when you say you're going to merge the roster mods does that mean you'll be taking rosters such as CBUR, Templars, etc and sticking them in the 'vanilla' ss? Will that bring up any compatibility issues or have you got that covered?

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Sorry couldn't resist! Curious, when you say you're going to merge the roster mods does that mean you'll be taking rosters such as CBUR, Templars, etc and sticking them in the 'vanilla' ss? Will that bring up any compatibility issues or have you got that covered?
    The reason they're incompatible is because they all edit the same file. If you create a file that consists of all their changes it should work.

When you say "RR recuitment limits", does that mean I can change it so everything is enabled at the start (bar gunpowder). I would love to see the roster mods united, but I absolutely hate anything that limits my recruitment, and i'm sure theres a lot of other people in that same boat.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    The reason they're incompatible is because they all edit the same file. If you create a file that consists of all their changes it should work.
    Oh I was aware of that, I guess I should have clarified
    I meant compatibility with other submods, such as SSTC, and a couple (names escape my mind) that won't work with roster mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostiko View Post
    I meant compatibility with other submods, such as SSTC, and a couple (names escape my mind) that won't work with roster mods.
    Yeah, I also hope that Barser's awesome Faction Leaders Mod will get in too!

Yes, they all edit the same file..I guess you could merge them all by hand, but you would need to try really hard to not go over the unit limit and stuff... but good luck, if this does come through you should call it a "dream package"

Artifex

Its not so hard to merge them all using the new RR which is freeing up 7 unit slots (only requires time).
    Also there are some units that can be scrapped (like billmen and heavy billmen merging to billmen), dunno if PB haven't done that yet tho.

@Musthavename
    RR limitations i mean that you cannot recruit for example mailed knights at the beginning of the game.
    Actually since its all event controlled, then making a "rr with recrutation limit" and "rr without rec limit" is editing 2-3 events in one file.
    I guess its best to have gunpowder units after discovering gunpowder, but thats one event also and could easily give the player a toggable box during install.

I am quite impressed with the work done by PB. The overall balance in combat is great combined with the price/upkeep cost. I do not want to change that - its perfect already. Vanilla SS 6.1 lacks that balance - for example take Poland and make an army of cheap strzelcy at the beginning of the game...

Only 3 free unit slots left , will look at scrapping one militia bill unit and one late pro bill unit. The remainder in each category could have have armor upgrades like the original 2 in that category combined. Every change like that takes a lot of time to alter the event code, because any change ripples up every tier above. Also, at the moment its compatible with BGR, which is worth maintaining. Caesar Clivus is working on integrating with CBUR AFAIK.

Artifex

Well my idea is to either have your rec limitations, or not have them at all.
    A good thing would be to seperate mongols_invasion_warn from the recruitment system, just by making a dummy event that would fire when mongol invasion warn is true (or not fire if you do not want recruitment limitations). But thats still 2-3 minutes work.

Artifex

I will need some beta-testers. Let's say to play about a 30 turns campaign...
    If anyone wishes to help, just post here.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

I think we need to look at rebel army composition and distribution:

I've changed a couple of rebel armies in cuman territory from rus to steppe rebels as the rus rebels were too powerful.

I've changed a few others but:

we really need 3 new sets of rebel armies for the middle east:

gulf rebels; persian rebels and abbasid rebels as these are mainly covered by fatimid rebels.

Ideas for composition welcome (start new thread if necessary.)

Much as I appreciate all the work PB and JaM and others have done on the RR thread I'd not welcome it by default as it has certain features I'm not happy with (I prefer the vanilla SS way of recruiting units for example.) (others are extremely good BTW!) Great as an optional install OR make a basic twix pack (tweaks and fixes) and an enhanced mega pack of combined sub-mods which should include it by default, also BYG etc.)

welocme to beta-test once stabilised but much work needed to be done (and un-done I suspect) on tweaks!

Yep RR changes the game quite a lot and its certainly not to everyone's taste, would make sense to leave it optional.

Artifex

Well, i am not here to make a mega sub-mod pack, im here to make an update patch that will incorporate some successful submods that really make the game more worthwhile.

I have already cooked up an experimental alpha version consisting of my updates/fixes and Q's updates/fixes (thats already a lot). I'll post the files here later.

EDIT:
    @PB
    Yeh im fully aware of that, however removing is quite easier then adding
    We will need to have a debate over what should actually be removed.
    Last edited by gracul; November 10, 2008 at 08:32 AM.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Maybe i can finish Norway Unit Cards before release, if I can find the time.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Artifex

Ok this is the alpha version i have prepared: xyz, extract to stainless_steel_6 dir.

This should be installed only on a vanilla 6.1 SS!
    It contains most of Quarks and mine fixes/updates.

Take care as those are early alpha stages...
    Last edited by gracul; November 12, 2008 at 05:59 PM.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Gracul,
    Please forgive my naive question, but I am no wizz with the IT stuff. When 6.2 patch is available, I take they will be no need for 6.1 patch any further?
    I also have saved zips for fixesand amendments to 6.1 RR and BGR3, will I need these anymore? Not forgetting the Traits and Ancilliaries zip by Quark, found on Rozanov Bugs FAQ?
    How about the Pirates Fix?