Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The TWC Marketplaces - Updated 2010

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Default Re: The TWC Marketplaces

Ah ok, thanks for the info
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Just a question on the pricing, I looked at some of the items on there, and at the price they're currently listed at I don't think many people would actually purchase them. For instance why would anyone ever purchase the MTW package for $26.99 when they can purchase the MTW Gold (including VI) for $22.99 or M2TW Gold for $26.99 when they can purchase M2TW + Kingdoms for $23.18 or the RTW anthology for $54.99 when the three items separately are $50.96 and then there's the alexander add on for $36.99 when you can get it on steem for $10?

I think some of the prices might want to examined, or if fixed by amazon.com bring this up with them, since listing an item people are unlikely to buy doesn't make sense.

EDIT: It would also be nice if I could order from Canada
    Last edited by Squid; March 07, 2009 at 10:43 AM.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    Just a question on the pricing, I looked at some of the items on there, and at the price they're currently listed at I don't think many people would actually purchase them. For instance why would anyone ever purchase the MTW package for $26.99 when they can purchase the MTW Gold (including VI) for $22.99 or M2TW Gold for $26.99 when they can purchase M2TW + Kingdoms for $23.18 or the RTW anthology for $54.99 when the three items separately are $50.96 and then there's the alexander add on for $36.99 when you can get it on steem for $10?

I think some of the prices might want to examined, or if fixed by amazon.com bring this up with them, since listing an item people are unlikely to buy doesn't make sense.

EDIT: It would also be nice if I could order from Canada
    You can order from Canada, I am pretty sure.

And about the prices, well we can't really do something about them, that is up to amazon.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post
    You can order from Canada, I am pretty sure.

And about the prices, well we can't really do something about them, that is up to amazon.
    Nope can't order from Canada. I tried to go through so I could see what it would cost me to ship it here, and when I entered my shipping destination during check out I was told it couldn't ship to my geographic location. I was on the US store.

As for the prices, this was why I mentioned if amazon has fixed the price perhaps talking to them about changing it would be the way to go.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    Nope can't order from Canada. I tried to go through so I could see what it would cost me to ship it here, and when I entered my shipping destination during check out I was told it couldn't ship to my geographic location. I was on the US store.
    Hmm now that's strange.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

Wonderful ideA!
    I am happy to donate that way to TWC
    I purchased E TW from it couple of days ago (should have been delivered 2 days ago via the Royal Mail, lol)
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicę
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Just got my copy of ETW from the TWC store and it arrived yesterday, so to anyone who hasn't bought it, this is an effective method. It only took 4-5 days to get here on the Free shipping option, you can also get 2-day for a bit more money(if you buy 1-day shipping then for shame, have some patience, save some money). So to anyone who thought this might be a pyramid scheme where you invest in the prospect of getting ETW and sell that same prospect to others, it is and I've just made a lot of money with this post it is not, it works as intended.

Why don't you guys put some other items in your store? Theres lots of books, fiction and otherwise, that would be of intrest to most of us here at TWC.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by EdSurly View Post
    Why don't you guys put some other items in your store? Theres lots of books, fiction and otherwise, that would be of intrest to most of us here at TWC.
    Post some amazon book links and I will add them.

Sol lucet omnibus.

I'm about to pre-order NTW from the TWC marketplace and I just though that it surely is a good idea to make a hot-link from this thread to the NTW sub-forum. A little advertising in order to increase TWC income doesn't harm, does it? And it took me some time to find this thread. Adding it to the NTW forum would make it easier to find

I was also wondering whether it's possible to use a search function in the marketplace?? I couldn't find something like that.

And I would like to add the book "Decisive Moments in History" by Stefan Zweig (original title: "Sternstunden der Menschheit"). It's a great book with short stories about Waterloo, Cicero, the siege of Byzantium and some more moments in history. I can really recommend this book!
    Last edited by D|major; February 13, 2010 at 09:44 AM.
    formerly known as D|need

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by D|need View Post
    I'm about to pre-order NTW from the TWC marketplace and I just though that it surely is a good idea to make a hot-link from this thread to the NTW sub-forum. A little advertising in order to increase TWC income doesn't harm, does it? And it took me some time to find this thread. Adding it to the NTW forum would make it easier to find
    We had a global announcement ,about pre-ordering NTW from the marketplace, going to start a new one.

I was also wondering whether it's possible to use a search function in the marketplace?? I couldn't find something like that.
    Not entirely sure, but I think there isn't a search function.

And I would like to add the book "Decisive Moments in History" by Stefan Zweig (original title: "Sternstunden der Menschheit"). It's a great book with short stories about Waterloo, Cicero, the siege of Byzantium and some more moments in history. I can really recommend this book!
    OK, I am going to add it.

Sol lucet omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post
    We had a global announcement ,about pre-ordering NTW from the marketplace, going to start a new one.

Not entirely sure, but I think there isn't a search function.

OK, I am going to add it.
    thanks a lot jim!

edit: oh i just noticed that there still is an announcement since September 2009 or something. I just overlooked that, stupid me
    Last edited by D|major; February 13, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
    formerly known as D|need

Hey jim, it's me again

With shogun 2 approaching I'd like to add some more books here which I really enjoyed reading. Maybe you can add them to the marketplace (if you're still in charge for it)

Lian Hearn - Tales of the Otori
    -> a series of 5 novels (initially a trilogy):
    --> Across the Nightingale Floor
    --> Grass for His Pillow
    --> Brilliance of the Moon
    --> The Harsh Cry of the Heron (sequel)
    --> Heaven's Net is Wide (prerquel)

The books are set in a fictional feudal Japan, exactly in the time Shogun 2 is going to be. They are some really good books and I can deeply recommend them!

Thanks jim

D|need

P.s.: Shogun 2 can already be preordered from amazon.co.uk for £29.99. A good deal I think. Maybe you could add that to the marketplace, too? And... dunno whether that's already worth an announcement in the Shogun 2 sub-forum?!
    Last edited by D|major; July 17, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
    formerly known as D|need

Belisarius's Avatar Like so Divine!
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus

Default Re: The TWC Marketplaces - Updated 2010

Bump, this has been updated with cutting edge products

Sweet

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Not least of which are those splendid Duffer items old boy.. well I think I can safely say .. a resounding thank you very much chaps.. jolly decent I must say.
    and all that.
    So provide a link within your social group to the duffer page. Let's get some sales rolling. You are rumored to be the great promoter. What about setting a sales goal for Garb?
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

I could put all Amazon on it so whaever you guys are interested in buying or normally buy from amazon PM me I'll put it up and we can give TWC a boost.

Does it sell macbook pros because I am buying one today

When someone buys something let me know, need to test the searches.

Product Designer
    DESARC92 / Product Design
    Once known as MarcelP | Product Designer | Under the Patronage of Legio
    Marcel's Modder's Resources | Tutorials | The Graphics Workshop

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast