Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent TW Campaign (01-14-08) New Edition

Default Re: Broken Crescent TW Campaign (01-14-08) New Edition

Quote Originally Posted by CiviC View Post
    The Great Sultan Saladin the Saint, even if he is victorious he is tired of wars. Maybe he is to old and wise now ...

Well you can always play Sim City 3000 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post

Well you can always play Sim City 3000 !!!
    Indeed The Sultan is planning the building of a new inn, called Burj al-Arab.

Das Heilige Römische Reich- mod- HOT SEAT,there are several tastfull factions for gamers!
    We are just began the game.Join and play.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206496

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by garato View Post
    Thanks Big Pasha,you are big expert for georgian past-BUT now -ME -ruler of Slavian's territory and Caucasians Reallity going to found Georgian Kingdom or so called Tzarstsvo. The Eristav brought all geogians to what we have now.Where are Armenians and others?Nowhere.Live and study.
    Uh... this is too much honor (irony?) I'm not an expert at Georgian history. I just translated BC in french and by doing so I reworked some descriptions and made some precisions about ethnic groups so the "generic" turcomans became oghuz, turkmen, uzbek, etc. Same for steppes people : bashkir, tcherkess, tatars, cumans (=kypchak)... actually I know more about turkish peoples than caucasian ones, but I'm always curious and open.

Considering this topic thanks for the offers but I guess I'll have to wait for the 1.5 to participate

No way.Without irony.But me,I heard about georgian tzars something,may be I wrong, I m not expert.But discussing about people from region-must to correct a bit.Tcherkess-not steppess,they are Caucasian highlanders.Original of uzbek is mixed-Part turkish,partly from Altai mountains,partly Mogolian.(Timurids).
    I think only turkmen are purely "generic"turcomans now.At least what I know.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Cool. So I was right to change the "steppes" light cavalry recruitable by both Georgians and Kypchak by "Tcherkess Riders " (in french, translated) if they're settled in Caucasus.

Considering "Turcomans" in BC : you're right about it but some "turcomans" in BC are just not Turcomans but other turkish-speaking people.Ex: western ones = I changed for "Oghuz riders" and of course kept Turcomans as "Turkmen riders". Eastern ones : in fact they're Uzbeks and Kirghiz so I have Uzbek light archers and Khirgiz raiders (mercs north of afghanistan).

Maybe we should start a thread about Central Asian ethnies if there's none in this BC forum. I think the original text/names in the original version is sometimes too vague (steppes people ? caucasians ?) - maybe I could help for historical research for the 1.5.

Good idea!
    for information:Kabardino-Tcherkessia,is an autonomic Russian Repablic-its in Caucass definitly.Uzbek as a word appeared in15-16 century,not erlier(Khan Uzbek,the local ruler)
    Last edited by garato; December 10, 2008 at 06:38 AM.

So.... where is Rodrico? Anyone sub maybe?
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

If needed, maybe I have a substitute ready for action (he PMed me asking for a faction).

may be,time to move?

If nobody going to do a turn for Rodrigo during 2 hours,we have a chance to delay the whole game for another couple days,as I m ll be out nearest days.

I can play it in the next two hours. But I need the pass. If Civic send me it soon, I can play before 16 p.m. Otherwise, I'll play tonight after 20 p.m.

PS: I think it's time to ask Roderico if he wants to partecipate this campaign more actively or resign.
    Last edited by demostene; December 11, 2008 at 07:09 AM.

I will sub Rodrico tommorow if he doesn't show up.

I think you should sub him as soon as you can Civic
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ruunu View Post
    I think you should sub him as soon as you can Civic
    I understand he is under attack. I don't want to deprive him of the chance to defend himself, but again if I will sub him the attacker might regret.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

send him a pm and email. he has been active since the beginning, he deserves that.

regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Rodrico Stak's Avatar Miles

Argh. Very sorry. What with exams next week and my teachers piling on homework because of it (seems counter intuitive, doesn't it) I haven't checked the forums. Tomorrow is Friday, I'll be able to take my turn then. If you would rather not wait, then it would be perfectly fine for someone to sub me.

Rodrigo,Friday is today, but not tommorrow.

Rodrico Stak's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by garato View Post
    Rodrigo,Friday is today, but not tommorrow.
    When I posted that, Friday was tomorrow... and I am forced to apologize once again (I feel quite bad for holding the whole thing up), but I was unable to take my turn once more. I will do it first thing when I wake up tomorrow morning, probably around 8 or 9:00 US central time.

Roderico, your turn was posted 5 days ago... And you still ask us to wait. In my opinion, you should had asked for a sub - it is very selfish to stop the whole campaign for a week. Last time you made us wait 3 days but you had a technical problem, and that was completely understandable and comprehensible - sometimes PCs make go mad - , but this time you're simply avoiding playing your turn. I do know university is hard and I'm studing for exams too, but if I know I'll be busy I ask someone to sub me.
    If everyone of us plays is turn in 6 days, your next turn will pop up in TWO MONTHS.

Again, I propose to decide a grace period, let's say of 2-3 days. And I also propose to send ALL our passwords to CiviC, so that he can perform his duties of gamemaster and enjoy the true power this role gives him