Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who had the most profound, good effect on us?

Biarchus

I say Gandhi.
    I mean he influenced a nonviolent way of revolting, was not afraid to die, didn't drink, cuss, hate, or anything like that. He also freed an entire country from what was close to slavery! Anyway, who do you say made the most profound effect on the world?
    Also, please explain why you think this.

Nope, it will have to be Alexander. Spreading hellenistic thoughts across the world. With out him Rome would be vastly different, and the world would such a different place.

The caveman who invented fire. Or the wheel. The further away in history we go, the more the people's actions affected us. If a caveman beat another to death 20,000 years ago (or whenever they existed, am no expert on ancient history) the populatuion of the world would be vastly differrent.

O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins

if he actuall yexisted id say odyseus, he came up with the trojan horse idea that led to the defeat of Troy ( if it existed ) and the trojan refugees ecaped to itally where they later made Rome , wich for the first time in history made Europe the center of world power ( before it was the middle east or africa/ china). But if achilles didnt exist id say ALexander the great for s;reading hellenic ideas throughout the world or ceasar, the perosn I blsame for the fall of rome hundreds of years later ( the fall of rome led to the creatinon of Europe as it is today).

ps: i htink the ain reason ROme fell was a lkong long time of bad emperors , who were in power because Ceasar and his sucesor were the first men powerful enough in ORman history to sistain the monarchy ( there were many poeple who became emporors, just usally the seante took power after they died)
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

Jesus.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

I&#39;d have to say Machiavelli, since Jesus has already been said. His teachings in the Prince have inspired some of the most ruthless dictators of the 20th century including both Hitler and Stalin.

Barney the Dinosaur....

Colombus and Henrey the Navigator. Without control of the seas and the technology rthat required, Europe would have not become supreme. Also, Carles Martel for stopping the Muslim conquest of France.

Whoever starts World War 3.

Mehmed II's Avatar Vicarius

Moses, Muhammad and Jesus.

Libertus

Paris Hilton :w00t

Biarchus

Oh yeah, forgot about Jesus for a second there :blush :blush :blush heh....Yeah I&#39;d say Gandhi and Jesus.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Hitler, Muhammad and Einstein.

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

Paulus.

This guy&#39;s teachings and letters laid the basis for religious hate, ignorance, crusades,....whatever else. Must have been the biggest a**h*le in world history. :sick
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna

It would have to be Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha and the others of those guys. Think about it, the influence that religion has had on mankind I wonder what would had happened without them.

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

well....the church teaches Jesus and follows Paulus....so who has more influence? Jesus is just the hero-idol-figure, Paulus is the constructor.
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna

Senator

Alexander. Jesus and all may thought some people to think differently, but looking at the world and how it is become I&#39;d say their influence is small.

Originally posted by L.C.Cinna@Mar 18 2005, 07:13 AM
    well....the church teaches Jesus and follows Paulus....so who has more influence? Jesus is just the hero-idol-figure, Paulus is the constructor.
    A bit the way Stalin used Lenin as an idol. Not that Lenin was an angel though.

I would say Alexander. His campaigns truly opened the world and the minds of the people of the era.

Hellenic Air Force - Death, Destruction and Mayhem!

Mehmed II's Avatar Vicarius

Alexander. Jesus and all may thought some people to think differently, but looking at the world and how it is become I&#39;d say their influence is small.
    You would say that their influence is small? Can you even imagine how different the world would be without those abrahamic religions? How can you compare them to a ruler, regardless of how great he/she was. Do you open a television and see bunch of crowds shouting that &#39;&#39;YES&#33; ALEXANDER SAVED US&#33; HIS MILITARY TACTICS ARE STILL BEING EXAMINED TODAY&#33; AMEN&#33;&#33;&#39;&#39;? After thousand of years after their death, Millions of people are actually still praying those people and still debating about them, telling stories about them like they were their next door neighbour.Alexander is dead, gone with the wind, just like Hannibal, Ceasar, Hitler, Stalin or any great leaders of past that come to mind. Can you say the same thing for Moses, Jesus or Mohammad?

Basil Brush

Boom Boom&#33;

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast