Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: GRAND PREVIEW

Default Re: Announcing: Dominion of the Sword supermod

Quote Originally Posted by beavis View Post
    Sicily passed from a Norman/French dynasty ( yes independant from the french crown i agree )to the Hohenstaufen/HRE control in 1194. Sicily was Conquered by the French of Anjou in 1266.

Agree that the Hauteville dynasty was important in the Crusades and Sicily was an important state, but I think given the limited faction slots there may be more interesting and unique factions to play. 5 italian factions are too much imo. given the fact that independant sicily only lasted 100 years i thought this one may be cut, perhaps merging it with the crusader states since the rules of Antioch were of the same dynasty as the rulers of sicily. Maybe combining them(sicily and crusader states) into a 'Norman' faction
    Wow

Just a few points...

1. Sicily was in no way connected to France, except that the de Hautevilles came from Normandy.

2. Sicily was not "conquered" by the HRE. Henry VI was a legitimate claimant to the throne via his marriage to Constance, Roger II's daughter and Heir. Henry soon died, and Frederick Roger was a Sicilian before all else. By birth and upbringing... our greatest King after Roger.

3. The Angevins lost Sicily in 1282....

4. Peter of Aragon was also a legitimate claimant to the throne, via his marriage to Constance, the daughter of King Manfred of Sicily. Aragon did not conquer Sicily. The Sicilian nobles offered the crown of Sicily to Peter, and he helped us drive out the Angevins.

5. Sicily was to be ruled by a cadet branch of the House of Aragon (the crowns of Sicily and Aragon we not to be help by the same person), and was independent until around 1411.

If you think Sicily was un-important in the Middle Ages, you really need to re-read your history books. Sicily made the renaissance possible...Dante learned his art at Frederick Sicilian court...

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

I wish you the BEST of luck. Your mod looks great (and finaly, a GREAT mod includs PORTUGAL \o/)
    [IMG]

Default Re: Turns

Will there be two turns per year or more like Europa Barbarorum?

One last comment I do not want to make this an endless debate.
    There are only 3 muslim factions in your mod.
    There are 4 Italian factions
    There are 4 French Dynastic/Cultural factions (France, Burgundy, The Crusader States and Sicily)
    I do not wish to diminish the cultural importance of the factions I bring up, but given the limited faction slots perhaps other factions may be preferable for gameplay and diversity

I suggest doing the same thing you have done with the muslim factions, that is, you have lumped the certain dynasties together ( the Moor faction is a combination of the historically distinct and often in conflict with each other Al-Andalus, Almoravids, Almohads, Murabits and Marinids) for some of the Christian Factions. This may not be absolutely accurate, but with a little stretch of the imagination reflect (not reproduce) history.

Doing this may free up some slots for more diverse factions.

I suggest making a "Ducal French" Faction that could play like Burgundy, The Crusader States or Sicily (depending on victory conditions and the players imagination and choice of play )and drop those factions to free up some slots. The forementioned states were all pretty much run by French Nobility at one time and this is my reasoning.

This could be done for other factions as well.

My faction suggestions are:

Split the Turks into

a Turkish sultanate ( Seljuks, Ottomans )
    a Turkish khanate ( Kipchaqs, turkomans, volga bulgars )

Split the Mongols ( after Genghis Khan's death the mongol states split and even foought against each other )into

the Golden Horde
    a Persian Horde ( Ilkhans and Timurids)

I'm not saying this is exactly historically accurate, but it'lll do with some imagination and make things a little more diverse.

good luck with the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    Wow

Just a few points...

1. Sicily was in no way connected to France, except that the de Hautevilles came from Normandy.

2. Sicily was not "conquered" by the HRE. Henry VI was a legitimate claimant to the throne via his marriage to Constance, Roger II's daughter and Heir. Henry soon died, and Frederick Roger was a Sicilian before all else. By birth and upbringing... our greatest King after Roger.

3. The Angevins lost Sicily in 1282....

4. Peter of Aragon was also a legitimate claimant to the throne, via his marriage to Constance, the daughter of King Manfred of Sicily. Aragon did not conquer Sicily. The Sicilian nobles offered the crown of Sicily to Peter, and he helped us drive out the Angevins.

5. Sicily was to be ruled by a cadet branch of the House of Aragon (the crowns of Sicily and Aragon we not to be help by the same person), and was independent until around 1411.

If you think Sicily was un-important in the Middle Ages, you really need to re-read your history books. Sicily made the renaissance possible...Dante learned his art at Frederick Sicilian court...

I never said the HRE conquered Sicily
    That's right, after the Angevins were driven out by the King of Aragon Control of Sicily passed to the Aragonese. And by marriage to the Crown of Aragon directly again. There are other important states, cities and provinces that didn't make it into the game either (Granada, Baghdad, Damascus, Flanders)
    Last edited by beavis; November 24, 2007 at 09:16 AM.

Ali_the_English's Avatar Tiro
    I live in Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire, England

There's already a mod with loads of Muslim factions, Broken Crescent
    Currently working on Dominion of the Sword

sounds good have a question about the moving of troops by boat tho, will it take more than 1 boat to move a stack of twenty troops in one turn?

second will you possibly have a logistics action to it similar to what stainless steel has?

i definetly like the political aspects you will incorporate they sound good.

oh what about traits?

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Okay- first of all wrong thread?
    so i'll keep this short and sweet.
    Yes
    Yes
    Thank you
    Sorry, what about traits?

Bluice's Avatar Semisalis

I would just like to say that I am really looking forward to this supermod and would like to help contribute if you have any work for someone who is not the best with the graphic side of modding. I'm happy to do research for you guys if you like, just PM or email me. Happy to help. Unless I'm too late of course.
    COULD MY AVATAR BE THE MOST ANNOYING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN? I THINK SO!

Former Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire (DGame)

I love that you acually intend to change Victory conditions. As myself never do them anymore. Usally I stop after I feel that I have achived what I wanted of my faction. I play as Norway in Stainless Steel, my only ambition is to rule Scandinavia and acomplish Kalamar Union. Only reason I invaded Scotland is that they keep attacking me overseas and invading Norway, sooo

Its good CAE has made 31 faction slot, but shame there isnt more than that. I like Kalamar Union idea, Brittain Empire, Russian Empire, etc...with that in mind, one has acually real political ambision in game, beyond simple mass conquest for reason of conquest. Shame indeed...
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Wow this looks awesome!
    Best of luck to the team.

what mean "Minor factions (Non-playable)" is that mean that they woud act more like the playable factions or they still be rebel settlements

Yes that right. They are basically rebels but they will also represent the minor factions of the times... many of which will be very important, depending which faction will be last. For instance, they might represent factions like Burgundy, Flanders, Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Milan, Ireland...

what is the starting date of the mod

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by kura_mi_qnko View Post
    what is the starting date of the mod
    1080 for a number of reasons...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

do you plan to post any preview soon ? its interesting to see what quality you will ofer

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Are there any plans of adding more religions?
    *Crosses fingers for Oriental Orthodoxy*
    Of course, this particular religion would be in use by one faction, but its not like you're pushing against the hard coded limit of seven.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Read the features of the game about multi religion existance in the provinces...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

You misunderstand me. It seems as if the religions are only Catholic, Orthodox, Muslim and Pagan. Expansion of the this list is what I meant.

Yes we are in discussions about this. Basically we don't know yet.

Judaism will definitely be in the game.

We will possibly have a 'protestant/reformist' religion for the Catholics, which would make sense since they are so many and so strong and separating the default heresy situation which would just spam witches and rebels. It is a bit out of our time-frame though we do plan to have the 'reform religion' option available in the higher tech levels.

Alternatively we might bring in another option which may not represent a religion at all...

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Ah, good! And will said religions be much, much more difficult to eliminate-- impossible for some regions?
    Thanks for the rapid response, Hross!