Thread: Unspecified Error with Stainless Steel 6.1

Default Unspecified Error with Stainless Steel 6.1

I played Stainless Steel 6.1 round my friend's house in Hotseat mode and really enjoyed the mod so I thought I'd download it.

It started off alright and I decided to be Scotland I started a Late Era Campaign and then conquered York. When I moved to attack Nottingham as soon as I started the battle to take it or the English sallied me then the game would close due to an unspecified error?

Now it does it everytime I start a battle in the game.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

[edit]
    I realised I didn't put this in the Kingdoms Mod section as I had to register and it went out of the forum sorry.

Default Re: Unspecified Error with Stainless Steel 6.1

hi. ı play with teutons without problem. but in 135.turn ,when the factions turn ( especially scotland turn) , an error appears: '' ...unspesified error and wil now exit.'' ı cant countinue the game anymore. please help....

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Please read Expanded FAQ #16 for details on how to turn on trace and posting system log.
    (last 20-30 entries is usually enough.)

thank u razanov , ı started again with teutons..a new game.. but now in 70. turn when the other factions turn , in khwarzmian empire , it dropped me again.. ı ll die because of anger against it.. please help me...

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ritterbrüder View Post
    thank u razanov , ı started again with teutons..a new game.. but now in 70. turn when the other factions turn , in khwarzmian empire , it dropped me again.. ı ll die because of anger against it.. please help me...
    Then please do as Rozanov suggested and post the last 15-20 lines of your system.log.txt so we can get an idea of what the problem is

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Then please do as Rozanov suggested and post the last 15-20 lines of your system.log.txt so we can get an idea of what the problem is
    sorry but ı couldnt understand what schould ı do. please can u write detailed what schould ı do? when ı press turn , (other faction's turn) in one faction game frozen... but ı start 3 turn before in every this bug, and ı can pass without frozen ... but ı get this bug in 135.turn too.. please.... help..

Quote Originally Posted by ritterbrüder View Post
    sorry but ı couldnt understand what schould ı do. please can u write detailed what schould ı do? when ı press turn , (other faction's turn) in one faction game frozen... but ı start 3 turn before in every this bug, and ı can pass without frozen ... but ı get this bug in 135.turn too.. please.... help..
    also ı am not sure about changing something in kingdoms.cfg because it warned me that if u change something ,it can damage your system... isnt it important?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Ritterbruder,
    The System Log, can be found by
    Click C Drive,
    Click Sega,
    Click MTW2,
    Click MODS,
    Click Stainless Steel,
    Now the System Log is either here or Click Data Folder, then they want you to Copy the last 20-30 lines.

Can I ask, r u using 6.1 or 6.2?
    Did you install each part twice as recommended?
    Do you use XP or Vista?
    Have you switched adviser off?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)