Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Beginner's Modding Manual (RTW)

Default Re: Beginner's Modding Manual (RTW)

i used the example files.

Is your RTW patched to version 1.5?

don't know but i think it is ,how can i know?

Launch your RTW go to the Options screen and check the top-right corner.

it says :"ver1.5" so i think that's good

In that case I am really puzzled as to why the files provided won't work. Are you sure you've put the files in the appropriate directory and created the shortcut correctly?

i think so ,but waht you said about the example files and that sort of things ,i am not sure because i understood just a little more of what you said. what i thought you asked was : "did you use the vanilla files or did you already modify them ?"

i think that's the problem

i already have augustus total war and barbarian invasion ,could that be a problem too?

BI wouldn't be a problem. AugustusTW would be a problem if it wasn't modfoldered and changed basic files.

By example files I mean the files at the bottom of this post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...75#post3833975

so do i have to delete it?

BMM requires a clean instalaltion of RTW, meaning an installation where no vanilla files have been modified. If Augustus changes vanilal files, you will need to install BMM on a new, clean installation of RTW.

Deleting a non-modfoldered mod requires uninstalling RTW completely.

i downloaded your bmm.rar and it worked and better :it gave me an idea: i just take your BMM.rar as mybase files and than make my own changes!!
    i hope it will work!

THX

That's the spirit of the tutorial.

of course you could also compare my BMM files to the modfolder you tried to create, spot the differences and understand what you did wrong, so that you learn how to do it right.

can i add new names in the descr_names.txt?
    i want to remove the name : flavius Julius and in stead of that i want gaius julius caesar ,if that is not possible julius caesar will do fine.
    and can i delete factions just by deleting all their land and legions in the descr_strat.txt?
    Last edited by IMPERATOR AUGUSTUS CAESAR; December 22, 2010 at 07:37 AM.

Yes, you can add new names in descr_names. The relevant section of the tutorial covers everything.

To remove factions you need to remove their armies and characters, re-assign their regions to to other factions, and remove all references to them in descr_strat and descr_regions.

i want to remove the name flavius julius and in stead of that i want the name julius caesar, if i change the name flavius in descr_names to julius and the name julius to caesar ,the campaing sais only julius???

There is no name "flavius julius". There is a name "flavius" and a surname "julius". A character happens to have that name and that surname. If all you want is to change that character's name, you don't need to remove them from the possible names/surnames list, simply give that character a different name/surname combination in desc_strat. Removing a name/surname from the list means that it will never ever be available to anyone in that faction.

In descr_names i added at characters : Julius and at surnames : Caesar and in descr_strat i removed the name flavius julius and in stead of that i put Julius Caesar in there, still the campaing sais that his name is only :Julius

The name Julius is already there, you shouldn't add it. Also, if you add ceasar as a surname, you'll see other characters having it too, so you should probably add it as an epithet (check a tutorial on traits about that).

If the surname is not showing up, you're doing something wrong. Did you add an entry for ceasar in text/names.txt?

EDIT: My bad, Julius isn't there as a name, adding it was correct.
    Last edited by Aradan; December 22, 2010 at 08:55 AM.