Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

The checker has the problem because of the dummy entry in general, even when formatted with Hex's tool. If you haven't formatted the file then you should not get a crash because of it. The americas modeldb however requires the EDU and additional files from the americas campaign to function correctly, eg those files have to be present in your mod.

Edit: I just ran the americas modeldb file from the download in the OP through the checker and it returns no error. It is in fact the corrected version, eg no dummy entries.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 27, 2018 at 10:00 PM.

The Great Khan of Rome's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

baltest? What about those? There is no need for the EDU etc since I deleted my mod folder. Are talking about Bare Geomod? I simply moved them to the vanilla americas folder. The mod folder was just that copied with a different name. Is that problem? The fact that's in that folder? Should it even matter? And did you try running it by replacing the unformatted .modeldb in the americas unit_models folder?
    Last edited by The Great Khan of Rome; January 27, 2018 at 10:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Let's go back a few steps: if you add files to one of the 4 original campaign folders then you need to have a regular BAT\CFG setup to run them like any other mod, else those files will get ignored.

How to do that without getting into copy right problems later (and create a backup) is described here.

There is something peculiar about the kingdom campaigns - they will not run when you rename their folder as they have their own 'pack' files that only get used if the original folder name, eg 'americas' remains.

But all im doing is replacing the .modeldb file with the one in the included download. Nothing more. This can be used as template for later modding. It crashes every single time I replace that file with the one in the included download, in OP. That is all i'm doing.

And yes I just did this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?714887. I followed exactly what it said. I replaced the vanilla americas unformatted .modeldb file with the one in the download and its crashing. What is meant by "replaced the vanilla americas unformatted .modeldb file with the one in the download", just means that I deleted the vanilla one and renamed the one in the download to the vanilla file's name.
    Last edited by The Great Khan of Rome; January 28, 2018 at 11:29 AM.

Blog Entries

That's peculiar, the file from the download runs through the checker just fine. Bit of a mystery, but it certainly points straight to the modeldb file if that's all you changed.

You could try formatting the vanilla file with Hex35's tools that are included in the download.

Ok. I experimenting with my mod folder AVHA. What i'm doing to debug this debalce is to figure out if the way in which the mod is launched is causing the CTDs. The first thing i'm doing right now is running it with the --features.mod=mods shortcut. It CTDs. I'm guessing its because of the modeldb like before, but im not sure.

I've had similar problems in the past with the dir.

And did you try to replace the modeldb file in your amrecias folder and run it using the launch.bat and mod.cfg thingys?
    Last edited by Frunk; February 04, 2018 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Hello everybody, i tried to change the battle_models.modeldb file in my MTW2 vanilla + kingdoms 1.5
    using this battle_models - Vanilla.modeldb

since then i can no longer play the game goes to CTD when i try to do a battle in tactical map. [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

in strategy map the game works. even the game turns follow one another without problem. I tried to put the previous file back, but the game still crashes. to fix the problem I would have to reinstall everything.

Blog Entries

Did you unpack the game and make it mod compatible? Because that is the only way that the file will take effect.

If you want to experiment then I would suggest to install my mod set up and edit files in there. It already comes with a formatted modelDB file. Unpacking files outside the game is also advisable.

Hexdragon's Avatar Libertus

Hi Gig
    Just to comment I have updated the formatter tool patch discussed from post #80 to post #108
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?811446
    Regards

Blog Entries

Thanks, for the time being I have linked to your updated version in the OP - I am not sure when I will be able to integrate it into my download.

Gig - the Americas modeldb in your pack does have errors
    saxon_general and saxon_king have:
    59 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final General_slave_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    15 MTW2_Non_Shield 0
    arrangement they should have an extra line with another 4 to say '4 types of mount coming' like:
    59 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final General_slave_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    15 MTW2_Non_Shield 0
    (IWTE has a modeldb to csv to modeldb function - it also sort of acts as a checker - for that error it crashes with error message
    at that point of the read process)

Blog Entries

Appreciate the bug fix - could you let me have the corrected version? I'll add it then to the OP.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567