Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

Hexdragon's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Edit: Extra Pattern 1 appears to work fine in that regard - it does however come up with the odd faction count number in the wrong line:

75 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/mount/armoured_horse/Order_AH_lod0.mesh 121
    75 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/mount/armoured_horse/Order_AH_lod1.mesh 1225
    75 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/mount/armoured_horse/Order_AH_lod2.mesh 10000 12
    12 papal_states
    Regarding this specific, I am a bit confused
    In the example the faction count seems to be duplicated

It would be possible to post the file ? I would like to study it. Hope it would bring ideas for a solution.

Once corrected the above dire_wolf_mount gets formatted nearly correct with just the 0.85 in the wrong line:
    15 Dire_Wolf_mount 0.85
    71 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Orc_goblins/mount/wolf/Dire_Wolf_lod0.mesh 10000
    7 hungary
    73 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Orc_goblins/mount/wolf/textures/wolf.texture
    80 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Orc_goblins/mount/wolf/textures/wolf_normal.texture
    47 unit_sprites/hungary_Dire_Wolf_mount_sprite.spr
    Added one pattern in order to handle such kind of number.

Attached an "experimental" version:
    ModelDB - Tools - v0.55a.zip

EDIT
    (25-Jun-2015):
    Updated to version 0.55a, as per comments in post # 103 and # 105

EDIT (15-May-2021):
    Updated to version 0.56
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4622

I am starting to wonder if that number has got anything to do with relative model size, eg 0.85 = 85%
    Sounds logic
    Yet, for the moment, I am clueless

I kept on going through the file and about 90% of errors (loads of those) were related to the faction count number in the wrong line
    Maybe the faction list in the syntax checker.
    I have got roughly 400 errors related to faction count when applied the original cheker to a kingdom's battle models file
    Then, used your modified version (which adds kingdoms factions into the list ) and errors were no longer.
    Last edited by Hexdragon; May 15, 2021 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Updated ttachment

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

First one: 12 is the faction count as well as the line count for papal_states

size 'count' - the modeldb from RodG actually has an entry like this (needs to be changed to 2.0 for the checker to accept it):

5 Troll
    68 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Orc_goblins/model/Troll/Troll_lod0.mesh 10000
    5 turks
    75 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Orc_goblins/model/Troll/textures/Troll.texture
    82 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Orc_goblins/model/Troll/textures/Troll_normal.texture
    35 unit_sprites/turks_Troll_sprite.spr

I updated the checker with all the kingdom factions for the RodG modeldb as well - still getting those faction count numbers in the wrong line.
    Also getting miles of 'Faction count error at line xxxx, count says 1 but number of entries is 0' which I have no idea about.

Here is the original RodG modelDB.

Going to try your new formatter (0.53) now

Edit: got me as far as the 12\12 issue again (pattern1) - 42nd unit

Spoiler for 12\12 issue
    26 Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse
    75 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/mount/armoured_horse/Order_AH_lod0.mesh 121
    75 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/mount/armoured_horse/Order_AH_lod1.mesh 1225
    75 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/mount/armoured_horse/Order_AH_lod2.mesh 10000 12
    12 papal_states
    83 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/mount/armoured_horse/textures/Panter_AH.texture
    90 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/mount/armoured_horse/textures/Panter_AH_normal.texture
    63 unit_sprites/papal_states_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    3 hre
    83 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/mount/armoured_horse/textures/Panter_AH.texture
    90 unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/mount/armoured_horse/textures/Panter_AH_normal.texture
    54 unit_sprites/hre_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    6 saxons
    57 unit_sprites/saxons_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    6 russia
    57 unit_sprites/russia_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    6 france
    57 unit_sprites/france_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    6 sicily
    57 unit_sprites/sicily_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    5 milan
    56 unit_sprites/milan_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    8 scotland
    59 unit_sprites/scotland_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    9 byzantium
    60 unit_sprites/byzantium_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    8 portugal
    59 unit_sprites/portugal_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    6 venice
    57 unit_sprites/venice_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    5 spain
    56 unit_sprites/spain_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr 0
    5 Horse
    14 fs_heavy_horse
    0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0

I also ended up with a format like this, which I think maybe due to the hyphen in the model name:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 21 Swordsman-duelist_mar 1 1 78 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/officers/Swordsman-duelist_lod0.mesh 6400
    4 merc
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/textures/Talabecland_infantry_ug1_diff.texture
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/textures/Talabecland_infantry_ug1_norm.texture 50 unit_sprites/merc_Swordsman-duelist_mar_sprite.spr
    5 slave
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/textures/Talabecland_infantry_ug1_diff.texture
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/textures/Talabecland_infantry_ug1_norm.texture 51 unit_sprites/slave_Swordsman-duelist_mar_sprite.spr
    4 merc
    105 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_Talabecland_infantry1_diff.texture
    105 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_Talabecland_infantry1_norm.texture
    5 slave
    105 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_Talabecland_infantry1_diff.texture
    105 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/attachmentsets/Att_Talabecland_infantry1_norm.texture
    4 None
    14 MTW2_Swordsman
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 17, 2015 at 06:52 AM.

I updated the checker with all the kingdom factions for the RodG modeldb as well - still getting those faction count numbers in the wrong line.
    Also getting miles of 'Faction count error at line xxxx, count says 1 but number of entries is 0' which I have no idea about.

Here is the original RodG modelDB.
    Many Thanks !!

Spent some time with the RoDG file, and, finally, got rid of those error warnings related to faction count
    -Mode "Extra Patterns I": 0 Warnings related to faction count........ 21 warnings related to string size remain, however.
    -Mode "Original Patterns": 8 Warnings related to faction count and a lot of warnings related to string size

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT
    (20-Jun-2015) : Update, All false warnings removed on "Extra Patterns I"

14 String count errors that remain are real string count errors
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Original Patterns" is no longer so "original" since 4 extra patterns now run under this option.
    I am considering to get rid of "Original Patterns" option and merge it with "Extra Patterns I" <<< EDIT (20-Jun-2015) : Done, that option was removed in version 0.55

The Un-formatter reached its definite form I think.
    It got update that allowed syntax checker to finish the parse process on RoDG file: both "original" and "extra I"

The updated Un-formatter performs the following task in addition to line break removal:
    -Remove up to 2 blank spaces when triple blank spaces are found
    -Remove blank space when double blank spaces are found (except following zeros because of "the zero plus double space")
    -Add blank space when missing at the end of the line

When applied on RoDG file:
    -2012 missing blank spaces where added and 367 not-wanted blank spaces were removed
    -RoDG file had 1 quadruple blank space so it is necessary to run the un-formatter TWICE on It
    (second run on first run's output file)

There were around 200 error warnings related to faction count .... yes RoDG file was a formatting nightmare
    -Making pattern 13th (from "Extra Patterns II") available for "Extra Patterns I" and "Original Patterns" accounts for removal of 58 error warnings related to faction count
    -Adding "Kalmar_Union" to the faction list in the checker accounts for other +77 removals
    -Remaining 59 warnings related to faction count were eliminated with a custom script that adds missing blank spaces that should be after "zero plus double space"
    (In RoDG file 415 were found missing)
    The custom "blank space fix" script was run before the unformatter

Updated versions of the scripts are attached at the end of this email

Going to try your new formatter (0.53) now

Edit: got me as far as the 12\12 issue again (pattern1) - 42nd unit

Spoiler for 12\12 issue
    26 Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse
    12 papal_states
    63 unit_sprites/papal_states_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    3 hre
    54 unit_sprites/hre_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr
    6 saxons
    57 unit_sprites/saxons_Pante_Mount_Armoured_Horse_sprite.spr

The problem came from 4th original pattern not handling the underline ("_") in "papal_states"
    14th extra pattern fills that gap

I also ended up with a format like this, which I think maybe due to the hyphen in the model name:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 21 Swordsman-duelist_mar 1 1 78 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/officers/Swordsman-duelist_lod0.mesh 6400
    4 merc
    98 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/empire/model/PROVINCES/textures/Talabecland_infantry_ug1_norm.texture 50 unit_sprites/merc_Swordsman-duelist_mar_sprite.spr
    Patched 1st and 5th original patterns, as well as some extra patterns.
    Now, those patterns can handle "-" as well as "&".

Glad to realize that now we know how to deal with non regular signs that eventually could appear,
    chinese character?? Bring it On !!

====

Side Note:
    The issue with float numbers that are present just after some unit's names (0.85 etc) came from 6th original pattern which
    was specific for the float number that is present in vanilla and kingdoms mounts: 1.12

16th extra pattern takes care of other the float values.

====

Attachment - updated scripts:
    ModelDB - Tools - v0.55a.zip

EDIT (25-Jun-2015):
    Updated to version 0.55a, as per comments in post # 105

EDIT (15-May-2021):
    Updated to version 0.56
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4622

Regards
    Last edited by Hexdragon; May 15, 2021 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Corrected many, many, typos / Updated attachments

Blog Entries

I have a request: can you change the UI font? Times New Roman would be way more soothing to the eye.

At the moment I am lacking the time to test extensively, will do so in a while.

I have a request: can you change the UI font? Times New Roman would be way more soothing to the eye.
    I felt that pain too

Yet I was not able to resist the temptation to use "Old English Text MT" because of it's "medieval flavor"

But there is a remedy:

Just Press key "F"
    It will switch to alternate fonts

First
    "Arial Narrow"

then
    "Papyrus"

then
    "Arial Black"

Alternate fonts are applied to all messages, yet not in buttons or menu options.

For next versión
    -Alternate fonts in buttons and menu.
    -Add "Time New Romans" to the font queue

Regards

========

Edit 25-06-2005:

Updated to version 0.55a

ModelDB Formatter ( 3rd Party Patch )
    -Two patterns added
    -Several patterns adjusted and renamed
    -Patterns from option "Extra Patterns III" moved to "Extra Patterns II"
    -Patterns from option "Extra Patterns II" moved to "Extra Patterns III"

(*) "Extra Patterns II" is now compatible with the patched syntax checker

Post # 88 and # 103 shall be edited accordingly

ModelDB Unformatter
    -All funtions related to fix blank space issues had been transfered to "ModelDB Blank Space Fix" script
    -Thus, Unformatter deals only with line breaks (in order to remove them).

Post # 98 shall be edited accordingly

ModelDB Blank Space Fix
    - Several validations added.

ModelDB Syntax Checker ( 3rd Party Patch )
    -One minor adjustment aimed to process "-1 0 0 0 0 0" as "end of unit entry" line, thus stop validating it's size in characters against the "-1".

====
    Updated Attachments on post # 80, 88, 98, 101 and 103
    ====

As before, the tested and suggested order of execution is:

1- Blank Space Fix
    2- Unformatter
    3- Formatter
    4- Syntax Checker

----

Results of testing the tool on Kingdom's British_Isles Battlemodels.ModelDB
    Tested in game with file formatted with option "Extra Patterns III"

Re-formatted Battlemodels was successfully uploaded by M2TW.
    Played some custom battles.

Results of testing the tool on Call of Warhammer: Rage of Dark God's 1.51 Battlemodels.ModelDB
    Tested in game with files formatted with option "Extra Patterns I" and "Extra Patterns II"

Re-formatted Battlemodels were successfully uploaded by M2TW.
    Played some custom battles.

Yet one (first or last) change was necesary to avoid crash to desktop:

At the end of unit "Giant" you will find this:
    8 elephant
    15 Warhammer_giant 3 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    5 Troll

The "3" should not be there.
    But syntax checker do not catch that kind of issue.

In order to fix the issue, just replace the "3 " with "0 " (double space after "0")
    That's all.

Note:
    A 2nd run on ModelDB "Un-Formatter" script is no longer required in order to catch the cuadruple blank space on Warhammer RoDG battlemodels file.
    Besides, that is no longer a fuction in "Unformatter" script, as per latest update.
    Single run on "Blank Space Fix" script will do the trick.
    ----

Regards
    Last edited by Hexdragon; June 26, 2015 at 02:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Marvellous - there was only one error I got: an empty line, easy to find

Code:
    5 slave 
    77 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Chaos/model/Norsk/att_norsk_huscarl_diff.texture 
    77 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Chaos/model/Norsk/att_norsk_huscarl_norm.texture 0  
    <-----
    4 None 
    12 MTW2_Javelin 
    16 Warhammer_2H_Axe 
    24 MTW2_2HSwordsman_Primary 
    24 MTW2_2HSwordsman_Primary 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 
    13 norsk_wheeler 
    72 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Chaos/model/Norsk/norsca_wheelers_lod0.mesh 121 
    72 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Chaos/model/Norsk/norsca_wheelers_lod0.mesh 900 
    72 unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Chaos/model/Norsk/norsca_wheelers_lod0.mesh 6400
    After that I had this output, an easy fix:
    Code:
    ****** String count  error at line 5684, count says 53 but string has 52 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 5688, count says 58 but string has 57 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 5692, count says 52 but string has 51 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 16761, count says 65 but string has 64 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 31451, count says 6 but string has 5 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 37100, count says 43 but string has 42 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 38204, count says 46 but string has 45 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 39369, count says 56 but string has 55 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 39373, count says 56 but string has 55 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 39377, count says 56 but string has 55 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 39381, count says 56 but string has 55 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 39385, count says 56 but string has 55 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 39389, count says 56 but string has 55 characters 
    ****** String count  error at line 39414, count says 56 but string has 55 characters 
    Unit count at top of file       = 856
    Number of processed unit models = 856
    It is advisable that these two numbers should match.
    Total errors:               14
    String  count errors:       14
    Faction count errors:       0

Glad to know it was helpful

I will be glad to attend any further related comment or query.

Meanwhile, I have tried to recreate the single empty line issue, but I was unable to get it.
    The main clue is that place you found it is exactly where the original file had a quadruple blank space.

I any case, just be sure to use the latest version (0.55a) since the previous one (0.55, without the "a") did not handle a problem in RoDG ModelDB file related to unwanted double blank space after the distance number ("....xyz_lod3.mesh 6400 ").

The above described problem caused wrong line breaks ( "6400" was split in "640" and "0") in 33 different locations.
    At the time, the issue caused crash to desktop when tested the file.

Version 0.55a overcomes that problem. Hence the suggestion.

Regards

Blog Entries

Haven't been able to follow up lately - but be assured of my thanks for your efforts.

I fixed the americas modelDB - it had two placeholder entries (0 0 0 4) for saxon_general and saxon_king instead of texture\faction entries. Replace those with entries from the norman_king model above.

The download now includes this and version 0.55a of your tools.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 15, 2015 at 10:10 PM.

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

_
    Last edited by cjm81499; September 12, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

Silvan Heir's Avatar Libertus

I am totally lost here...I downloaded the files, but I have no idea how to get my modeldb formatted for mos 1.7.

I have it installed to my Teutonic folder.

Is there a tutorial I'm missing because I didn't see one?

Silvan Heir's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Silvan Heir View Post
    I am totally lost here...I downloaded the files, but I have no idea how to get my modeldb formatted for mos 1.7.

I have it installed to my Teutonic folder.

Is there a tutorial I'm missing because I didn't see one?

Edit: No longer need help.

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Does anyone happen to have the corrected modeldb file for the Americas expansion? The one I got from the download link doesn't work and I can't see any attached files.

Blog Entries

I fixed the americas modelDB - it had two placeholder entries (0 0 0 4) for saxon_general and saxon_king instead of texture\faction entries.

The download now includes this and version 0.55a of your tools.
    I nevertheless downloaded and ran the checker - everything works as advertised

My fault however was to assume that everyone knows that the suffix of the modeldb files has to be removed once they get copied into the unit_model folder Example:
    battle_models - Americas.modeldb ---> battle_models.modeldb

Added a section regarding that to the opening post.

Edit: I hope you are using a python version below 2.7? See link for correct version in the opening post
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 21, 2017 at 10:48 PM.

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: stuff about modeldb names

Thanks for the quick reply! I was using the wrong python version. It works fine now.

Blog Entries

The Great Khan of Rome's Avatar Civis

The include battle_models.modeldb for Americas is CTDing my mod. It does not do this for the original unformatted battle_models.modeldb nor does do it when original battle_models.modeldb, is formatted by Hex's formatter. I really don't know why it does this, but i think it has something to do with this:
    I fixed the americas modelDB - it had two placeholder entries (0 0 0 4) for saxon_general and saxon_king instead of texture\faction entries. Replace those with entries from the norman_king model above.
    It's possible that the crash my have to do with this fix for the syntax checker, but im not sure.

Blog Entries

Please upload (compress and attach) your modelDB file for me to have a look.

The 'fixes' simply make the checker work, without it the game will work just fine.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 27, 2018 at 06:55 PM.

Attachment 350547
    I have moved to the americas folder and it worked fine before. But as of now its CTDing.

CTD Modeldb.zip
    Last edited by The Great Khan of Rome; January 27, 2018 at 08:02 PM.

Blog Entries

That was the syntax log file, I needed the battle_models.modeldB file. But if that is the log from the modeldb file in question then your problem lies somewhere.

Also please describe which model entries you changed in that file. And for which entry in the EDU it is.

Are you modding in a dedicated mod folder, eg mods\my_mod? If you are modding the grand campaign I would suggest to use my mod set up to do so.

I have changed nothing in the modeldb. I haven't even changed much of the EDU, aside from taking away some factions ownership for new units, which would create problems for the EDB, but not the modeldb.

I used to have a dedicated mod folder, AVHamericas, but removed it thinking that was the problem. When I replaced the unformatted modeldb with the one included in the download in OP, it starts crashing. If I format it with Hex's formatter, it formats it and it does not crash when I test my mod, but the syntax checker fails to run, meaning I cant check it.

Here's the modeldb file alone:
    CTD Modeldb Alone.zip
    Last edited by The Great Khan of Rome; January 27, 2018 at 09:30 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast