Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

Nothing in the log?

Default Re: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

I think it's the same thing as before.

This is part of it:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/shaders/new/mesh_fire_mt.vsh,,not found
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/shaders/new/mesh_fire_mt.vsh,,not found
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/shaders/new/mesh_fire_mt.vsh,594
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [info] open: found data/shaders/new/mesh_fire_mt.vsh (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/shaders/new/mesh_fire_mt.vsh,,,-594
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh,,not found
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh,,not found
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh,517
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [info] open: found data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh,,,-517
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh,,not found
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh,,not found
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh,517
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [info] open: found data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/shaders/new/fleximesh0_fire_mt.vsh,,,-517
    12:39:59.906 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/data/unit_models/battle_models.modelDB (from: D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War)
    12:39:59.921 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/data/unit_models/battle_models.modelDB,4115513
    12:39:59.921 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/data/unit_models/battle_models.modelDB (from: D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War)
    12:40:00.218 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Blog Entries

Yup, definitely a modeldb error. Have you got a backup?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

I think someone quite a while back had this problem with BC as one of their team members uses Linux and it changes the formatting of the BMDB. You may want to ask Wudang_clown if this has been sorted or not.

I do have a back-up, but it must have been something I have changed, since the file was working before I added some of the mount entries from SS. However, every entry I added was a clone of an existing BC entry with just the model name and animation changed, so there should be no texture or attachment problems. I thought it might be a missing animation or skeleton issue, since I'm not fully sure I merged the skeleton and animations files correctly. The checker no longer detects any BMDB errors, but there's clearly still a problem.

How will I know if there's a missing animation or skeleton? The log will tell me?

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

I tested this checker, and it's not working. I tested provided teutonic battle_models file by making an intended error, just added one letter more in mount_pony england entry. Checker generated modeldbsyntaxerrors.txt file, but it's empty.

Blog Entries

From other threads I have seen that you use Gracul's checker. Once you have saved your modeldb file with Gracul's tool (it adds the "blank" line and lumps animation lines together) it's not possible anymore to read it with this python tool.
    You also have to edit this tool if you have custom factions in your modeldb (see OP).

No no no. Like I said, I tested bmdb file provided with this checker in download link at first post of this thread. And by the way, which checker is better? This or Gracul's one?
    Last edited by Hellvard; November 28, 2013 at 08:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Gracul's checker seems to be more flexible as it uses info from several other files. This checker requires a certain way of formatting to be able to read the file properly (hence the empty report file) and has no other options. So, Gracul's tool would be 'better' due to its additional functions.

Did you run the checker before making the intentional error?

No, I didn't do it before. Now it's working, thanks.

Blog Entries

Good to know, all the best for your project.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

how would I use a different modelDB, one that's been edited from SS 6.4, with BC units added to it? Also, how do you open the .py file? Is their a tutorial for this?
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Do you have Python 2.5.4 installed? The .bat file calls the .py file but the correct version of Python has to be installed for it to run.

Blog Entries

Thanks, I added a note and link to Python versions (32 and 64bit)

Hi Gigantus. I downloaded the checker in the original post, manually formatted a (modified) battle_models file in the same way that you've done, and ran it with the correct version of Python installed. I'm getting one error and nothing else in the log: "****** Faction count error at line 501, count says 1 but number of entries is 0" although there should be no faction reference on that line if I'm understanding it correctly. Here's the relevant code:
    Code:
    500: 5 Horse 
    501: 8 fs_camel 0  
    502: 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 
    503: 14 mount_elephant 
    504: 1 4 
    505: 52 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/mount_elephant_lod0.mesh 121
    That section of code mirrors a section of your code in your NewFactionTutorial, but your checker doesn't pick up the same error when I run it against your file. Any ideas as to what's going on?

Blog Entries

Does it give you a "Unit count at top of file" line? If not then there is some formatting that the checker can't handle, which might explain the error you mentioned.

Can you post the whole section for that model, in code as you did?

This is the only line in the log:
    Code:
    ****** Faction count error at line 501, count says 1 but number of entries is 0
    So I guess it must be a formatting error, but the only possible error that comes to mind after going over the file is the fact that I have 100+ instances of:

Code:
    1 4 None
    Instead of:

Code:
    4 None
    And here is the section of code:
    Code:
    492: 5 slave 
    493: 49 unit_models/Mounts/Camel/textures/sench_t.texture 
    494: 49 unit_models/Mounts/Camel/textures/sench_n.texture 
    495: 41 unit_sprites/slave_Mount_Camel_sprite.spr 
    496: 4 merc 
    497: 49 unit_models/Mounts/Camel/textures/sench_t.texture 
    498: 49 unit_models/Mounts/Camel/textures/sench_n.texture 
    499: 40 unit_sprites/merc_Mount_Camel_sprite.spr 0 1 
    500: 5 Horse 
    501: 8 fs_camel 0  
    502: 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 
    503: 14 mount_elephant 
    504: 1 4 
    505: 52 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/mount_elephant_lod0.mesh 121 
    506: 52 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/mount_elephant_lod0.mesh 625 
    507: 52 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/mount_elephant_lod0.mesh 3600 
    508: 52 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/mount_elephant_lod0.mesh 10000 
    509: 7 
    510: 6 sicily 
    511: 53 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant.texture 
    512: 60 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant_normal.texture 0  
    513: 6 poland 
    514: 53 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant.texture 
    515: 60 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant_normal.texture 0  
    516: 5 milan 
    517: 53 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant.texture 
    518: 60 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant_normal.texture 0  
    519: 7 hungary 
    520: 53 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant.texture 
    521: 60 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant_normal.texture 0  
    522: 8 timurids 
    523: 53 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant.texture 
    524: 60 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant_normal.texture 0  
    525: 5 slave 
    526: 53 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant.texture 
    527: 60 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant_normal.texture 0  
    528: 4 merc 
    529: 53 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant.texture 
    530: 60 unit_models/Mounts/Elephant/textures/Elephant_normal.texture 0  
    531: 0 
    532: 1 
    533: 8 elephant 
    534: 19 fs_african_elephant 0  0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Last edited by Absolutex; June 03, 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Your assumption could be correct about the "1 4 none" entry not being processed correctly.

Have you tried using the EDU editor? It also has a problem with some formatting but between the two you can usually find errors.

Edit: line 534 seems to be a combination of two lines
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 03, 2015 at 11:58 PM.

Unfortunately that program goes into an endless line-reporting loop when I run it, even with the original mod that I'm making modifications of. My post on the last page of that thread has the details.

Hexdragon's Avatar Libertus

Icon1 Re: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Your assumption could be correct about the "1 4 none" entry not being processed correctly.
    Correct.
    I have tested the syntax-checker with a ModelDB file that also splits that line.
    The file was originally formated with patched version of the FormatModelDBFile.py that adds more line breaks.

Patched the syntax-cheker (worked with your version) in order to solve the problem
    Is working well
    I have attached both patched scripts here:

ModelDB - Tools - v0.55a.zip

EDIT (25-Jun-2015):
    Updated to version 0.55a, as per comments in post #88, # 103 and # 105

EDIT (15-May-2021):
    Updated to version 0.56
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?811446

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Edit: line 534 seems to be a combination of two lines
    Actually, there are 5 lines there:

19 fs_african_elephant Primary skeleton (or primary animation)
    0 Character counter for a "zero characters but mandatory" line (this one seems to be related to seconday skeleton or secondary animation
    0 Counter ( in normal "soldiers" this one is a mandatory "number of lines below" counter linked to primary attachment animation ). Known valid values: 0,1,2.
    Counter ( in normal "soldiers" this one is a mandatory "number of lines below" counter linked to secondary attachment animation ). Known valid values: 0,1,2.
    -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 The final "torch" line

Note: The red one is the infamous "zero + double space"
    -First space cames after the counter itself.
    -Second space is because every line (even an "empty" one) must end with its own blank space

====

Hope the above helps
    Last edited by Hexdragon; May 15, 2021 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Updated attachment

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast