Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

Default Re: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

Yeah gigantus but the files are right for the models by default and the same entry exists in the default vanilla BMDB file.
    CA has kept the right sprites for the models but renamed them wrong.

Edit 1
    @gigantus
    Plz big bro don't update this entry under the download coz it would mess up the sprites. The formatted version is top notch already.
    BTW have u fixed that error finding issue with the americas formatted version of the BMDB file.
    Last edited by Ishan; July 10, 2010 at 05:37 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Formatted campaign modeldb files for all campaigns - Kingdoms & Vanilla 1.5

Check the first post:

Edit:
    It appears the included americas modelDB file was faulty. Please use the new attachment. Note: the checker doesn't accept it, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    Check the first post:
    I know u have fixed the issue a long time ago but sorry for my English big bro. What i meant was is that checker issue fixed. Does it works on the new formatted version now?

Blog Entries

I have not gone any further with it, that is extremely time consuming. Somewhere a minute formatting "anomaly" that the checker doesn't like.

Civis

I remembered the CTD from VHI was caused by the vanilla version of battle_models.modeldb where the unit looked like this -

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    23 venetian_heavy_infantry
    1 3
    73 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/venetian_heavy_infantry_lod0.mesh 121
    73 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/venetian_heavy_infantry_lod1.mesh 1225
    73 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/venetian_heavy_infantry_lod2.mesh 6400
    6 venice
    81 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_venice.texture
    81 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_normal.texture
    54 unit_sprites/venice_Venetian_Heavy_Infantry_sprite.spr
    6 venice
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Italian_venice_diff.texture
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Italian_venice_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    9 MTW2_Mace 0
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    27 venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1
    1 4
    76 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod0.mesh 121
    76 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod1.mesh 900
    76 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod2.mesh 2500
    76 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod3.mesh 6400
    6 venice
    77 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/textures/LN_ Brigandine_venice.texture
    77 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/textures/LN_ Brigandine_normal.texture
    58 unit_sprites/venice_Venetian_Heavy_Infantry_ug1_sprite.spr
    6 venice
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Italian_venice_diff.texture
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Italian_venice_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    9 MTW2_Mace 0
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

As you can see, the sprite entries are in the right place, but the other stuff is wrong.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

@Nergui, when I did it to get it right, I double-checked the textures and meshes and made the modeldb match them. No ctds since. No, my modeldb is no longer vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    @Nergui, when I did it to get it right, I double-checked the textures and meshes and made the modeldb match them. No ctds since. No, my modeldb is no longer vanilla.
    You are right Sir ron i tested on just vanilla and there is no crash it's only for him.
    with very high infantry(VHI)
    I might have posted a screen shot but uploading is temporarily out of service.

+rep (as soon as i work out how 2 lol) these files and the checker have made life sooo much easier. Thanks!!

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

do these include the 2 hander fix?

or where does the 2 hander fix come from?

Blog Entries

Probably an animation matter, either the animation itself or the entry in descr_skeletons.

if i use the formatted teutonic model.db, it appears to have all the vanilla units also, so are all the vanilla units in there aswell?

Blog Entries

Very likely, that campaign came after 'vanilla' and uses some of the old units as well. There is no limit (nobody found any yet) to how many entries you can have in the modeldb file. So why would they start a new one?

yes very true, i hope so as it will save me from a million crashes! after i wrote my last post, i thought about it and in the custom battles most, if not all vanilla units are there! I'll stick the crusades model.db in my mod folder and see how it goes, that's where i want to take most units from.

edit, i'll have to rep you later!

No use the default vanilla one instead of Teuton one, otherwise there is a chance that you might find silver surfer issue or Battle CTDs because of it. Add entries in the default formatted one as you go, not that hard.

As for 2-Hander fix, you need the new animation pack, you have to find it somewhere, it changes the timing to be more fast than the previous slow one. Talk to Warman88 something user he might know the download link if you can't find one.

i've been useing the crusades model.db, does that one cause crashes?

I guess that's ok as the default one is smaller in size 1.07 MB while crusades one is larger 1.18MB, so you can consider it safe. But i would still go with vanilla as i trust my own hand than CA's.

What's the problem with the Teutonic one, out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyxx30 View Post
    What's the problem with the Teutonic one, out of interest?
    Expansions have some vanilla entries altered like Horse models etc so one might get silver horses. And Teuton one uses french\english models etc for crusading nobles mission so there might be a conflict with it.

i've added descr_mount from the crusades too, so hopefully its ok!

i'll do my best to give all units a lookover in battles too.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast