Thread: Viking Invasion II Released (RTW BI Mod)

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Viking Invasion II Released (RTW BI Mod)

Though not a MTW mod, Viking Invasion II is an attempt to update MTW:VI to the BI engine and so I think it appropriate to notify this forum too. It has just been released...

TWC Release Thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194253

Enjoy!
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Viking Invasion II Released

This is appropriate indeed.

All MTW-VI fans should try this mod if they own BI 1.6.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default Re: Viking Invasion II Released (RTW BI Mod)

This is fine to be here, I just updated the title to state that its for RTW, not a new CA game, or a MTW mod or anything. Looks good.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

I haven't been this entertained by TW game in ages

This is bloody awesome! Although I had a horrible bug a few minutes ago. I was fighting as Wales against the Mercians over some river in southern Wales.. I have just broken through three of their elite units and the conscripts are starting to break.. when the game CTDs..
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Atterdag,

Glad you are having fun

We've not had a CTD reported until now - could it have been a memory problem? Do you have the autosave you can send me?

Can you duplicate it from any autosave?

Thx.

This is awesome thannk you for keeping us informed

It won't let me start a main campaign and when i exit out i get this message

did I not install this right or something?

Patrician Artifex

Yes, most likely a wrong installation.

- First, check if your BI vanilla runs proper, then
    - make sure you've BI patch 1.6 installed (menu Options right top side)
    - after this make sure you've installed the mod as modfolder and haven't overwritten anything else, means, look into your bi folder for the VI2 modfolder.

If these things are all positive, then the mod must run properly.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Did you follow the instructions properly?

Did you watch my cool video aids? (OK, I done them pretty fast and at the last moment but they're good enough!)

If so, one of two things may be wrong:

1. corrupted download (download again)

2. problem with installer software compatability (use RAR version)

But it sounds like you just did not patch up to 1.6 by what you have posted.

Let me know how you get on.

wow i will try it for sure

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

MasterOfNone, I tríed one more time just for the hell of it and it worked like a charm. Must have been my rusty pc kicking around.

Anyways I really enjoy this mod! But is there any tips on how to actually take and hold a province as the Vikings?
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Yes, game require post Viking-age PCs j/k

Changing the capital is one thing that helps, though the Vikings do get a bigger law bonus than others they do sifer from the religion and distance difference more.

I'm sure Aradan will have some tips -

Just the usual stuff that work in any other mod.

1) Prepare your advance. Send spies in settlements in order to spread paganism.
    2) You'll probably have to enslave exterminate settlements, unless you have a large garrison.
    3) Don't destroy christian buildings, until paganism is the dominant religion
    4) Destroy buildings of otehr cultures that you cannot use, like barracks (reduces culture penalty)
    5) Use governrors with high influence
    6) Have generals to stay in their captured settlement for some turns, after the first one they'll get a Local Lord trait, which gives law bonus (ana management, so you can take taxes down a bit)
    7) Move your capital
    8) In case of emergency, destroy buildings, evacuate (you are a Viking, you raid and leave, plus you can become a horde) or just get out, wait for the settlement to rebel, exterminate/enslave and repeat a couple of times.

howcome you dont have your own mod thread in the released mods Section ?

work of this quality should be where everbody can see it !

even if it was produced in "113 days" ( i think thats what ARADAN said)
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

VI2 is not a TWC-hosted mod...

IMPORTANT: For those with version 1.0 a patch (1.1) has been added which removes a loophole in the coding which can create and end-turn ctd under certain - thankfully rare - circumstances.

Download it here: http://www.topnotchmods.net/downloads/VI2_1_1_patch.rar (less than 2 megs). Please visit the page from which you downloaded the mod (see opening post) if you require instructions.

Thanks to jimkatalanos for drawing our attention to this.

Game-save compatibility is not guaranteed.
    Last edited by Aradan; September 26, 2008 at 05:32 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Huh, thanks god, or something else (?) that i'm still online, just wanted to proceed my go offline, to start a VI2 campaign ...

Patch dl'ed, thanks MoN

thanks for the help fellas . yeah apparently i was not patched up to 1.6, but i got it all worked out now and i have played a couple of custom battles. the units look outstanding, great job guys. well im off to repel the godless Viking hordes as the Irish in my first campaign attempt.

ok, here is my issue. I can play some skirmishes, and the two historical battles, but the campaign won't work. When I hit campaign, it says to select an item from the menu below. When I exit the game, the screen goes black, and a little box pops up that says there is an error with the descr_strat, specifically with the start date for the campaign. I've looked at it, and it looks right, but it still won't play.

First I tried with my regular BI install, and had this issue, then reinstalled from scratch on a different HD, and am still having the issue. I also tried the rar and .exe versions, both are giving me the same error.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I'm going to leave this thread here, as I believe the reason it was put here was so that those who own MTW could see that VI was ported to RTW:BI. The first post in fact says this. I will close this thread and include the link to the actual release thread.

To discuss VI for RTW:BI go to http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194253

Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein