Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking Invasion II Released

Default Re: Viking Invasion II Released

I have also found that the game exits every time you try to enslave or exterminate the town in Middel Engle (or was it in East Engle). This is very frustating for me when I want to get a lot of money as Danes. It's happened about 5 times

Constant CTD?! Never had that. Please upload a savegame for us, after you make sure you have patched VI2 up to 1.1.

k let me patch it first

Um, then uploading the savegame won't be necessary. Please report errors/feedback ONLY if using the latest patch (1.1 currently). Thanks.

A bit pathetic that guy, but informativ! Thanks Halie and also Da Vinci, its nice to know and i will take a look at the Libery! Now i want to know...

To stay on topic: I just played the Historical battles on Seaking.

Lindisfarne is a reeaal small one. I was laughing first, but I lost 2 times and then i won. i let the priest run and the vikings go after them, meanwhile kill the general and then go on the utterly tiered viking... he routs quickley. Maybe u splitt the viking in two 30/30. Then there is a still a chance to let peasent and the monks run... but it would be more difficult to manage the run and kill the general without the peasent.

Deorham was won in the first try. The ai cav crushed into the Spearman (in the woods) so, the left flank is nearly save...i just have to take care of my horses sometimes. The "Infside" was also easy, just build two lines, without javelins in front, the rest behind and Then on the flanks... the welsh routed fast. The ai is just not smart with their calvary. I m not sure what to do. Maybe more Inf for the ai would be more challenge or/and let the Calvary from welsh arrive a bit later, they shouldnt begin the melee. Maybe this means to raise the experience of the welsh infantry... not sure.

Aye, Guys! Im sneaking already over two years inside the TW-Center... with two posts- today i wrote 7... Look, what u have done to me...
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

I hope the "pathetic" isn't addressed to a member of the forum...

Splitting the Vikingr in two units is exactly what I was thinking.

Hmm, regarding Deorham, we'll make it a tad harder maybe, thx or the feedback. The more opinions we get, the better the balance.

Oh and sorry for dragging you out of your hole!

Well, here are some pathetic questions.

1) How do I take in-game photos and videos.

2) How do I upload save-games and were

Seems to me that I'll have to download the complete installer version 1.1 instead of patching installer 1.0 to 1.1. The stupid patch doesn't want to download.

Let's keep things civil, please.

1) You can either prnt-screen, or u can use fraps (www.fraps.com)
    2) You upload the savegame to a hosting site, like filefront (www.filefront.com) and then you post here the link you will be given after the upload is complete.

if you have the 1.1 installer version, then you don't need the patch, the patch is only used to get 1.0 to 1.1. Since u are 1.1 already, it's unnecessary.
    if the crashes happened with the 1.1 version, then do send your savegame please.

No, the "pathetic" was adressed to the guy in the Video over the Longbow theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Oh and sorry for dragging you out of your hole!

Back to your pit!

Enough OT from me... i go to sleep.
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

No, I didn't mean that. I have 1.0, but the patch doesn't want to download. I'm now downloading installer 1.1.

Thanks for telling me how to take in-game photos and videos.

Now more .
    1) How do I prnt-screen.

2) How do I upload savegames

Sorry if I don't know the answers to those, never tried before to take photos or videos

1) You press the prnt-scrn key on your keyboard. Then the contents of your screen are saved in an image, which is saved in a temporary buffer (memory) of your pc. Then, you have to alt+tab out of the RTW window, open/create an MS Paint file and press ctrl+v to paste the buffered image there. Only one image per time, with is way. I'd suggest fraps. You just hit f10 and the image is directly saved to a directory and that's it.

2) http://uploadhosted.filefront.com/ Use the Browse button on the right side to navigate to the (savegame) file you wnat to upload. Then click "Upload file". When the process is complete, the page will refresh and a link will appear. Click that link and a new page will open. Post here the url of that new page.

Well, this is time to sleep my saxon army. Let's sleep till we can't no more, for tomorrow will dine in heaven or hell.
    Thanks for the info Aradan. Gonna explore the more after killing those stupid Danes.

Indefinitely Banned

Great Work Guys im taking it for a spin hehe

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Haha I've been playing Viking Invasion all last week and wishing someone would come along and remake it for RTW or M2TW- now my dream comes true, a week before I start studying the period for uni!

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

The TopNotchMods.Net server is being a bit slow and progress on the downloading of the patch is incredibly slow.

I have switched it to the FATW ftp and the link should now allow you to obtain the 1.1 patch in seconds.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    1) You press the prnt-scrn key on your keyboard. Then the contents of your screen are saved in an image, which is saved in a temporary buffer (memory) of your pc.
    Isn't it saved to the tgas folder in the Rome - Total War dir aswell?

Great work MoN. Loving this.
    Last edited by Thor the Bassist; September 29, 2008 at 05:16 AM.

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Hmm, for some reason when I try to play an error message comes up on the loading screen:

"Script Error in bi\vi2/data/descr_settlement_plan.txt, at line 219, column 17.

Unable to find ambient id or building battle description: tree_A_deciduous_summer"

Any idea what might be wrong?

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

Yeah, you probably have forgotten to apply the 1.6 patch to BI.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thor the Bassist View Post
    Isn't it saved to the tgas folder in the Rome - Total War dir aswell?

Great work MoN. Loving this.
    yep it is saved there but in .tga/targa format

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril View Post
    yep it is saved there but in .tga/targa format
    Oh yeah. Those with GIMP plugins then dont have a problem.