Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to add an animal handler unit (Wardogs)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: How to add an animal handler unit (Wardogs)

Hello, i play a mod which already uses the pig and wardog-spots for the Goblin Fanatics and Chaos Hounds.

Is it possible to add more wardogs or Pigs? Like for example a third "wardog2"? I have the "Chracian Lions" that i would want to add.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

I do also have this problem, mod CTD:s when the wolfs reach the enemy units - i read this was due to missing animations included in Thera, Third Age and the other mod..

- But where do i place these animations? It's not like the unit itself do need animations in the bmdb?

Because the unit looks fine with it's original entry, but when adding the chrace_lions animations it gets all messed up. So i guess it's the game that needs the animations?

Now, where do i find a tutorial on including the animations of a handler unit?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

I was thinking of taking the dire_wolf mount in Call of warhammer and making it a descr_animal unit. What animation is used? The animation of the Dire_wolf mount or the animation of a wardog?

Is it really that simple?

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

This is the entry from RTW's descr_skeleton, might have to unpack the actual animations (no idea if there is a download for all of them like in M2TW) and then create you own EVT files:

Code:
    type        fs_dog
    scale        0.8
    anim        stand            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static.CAS                             -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static.evt
    anim        idle_1                                           data/animations/wardog/Wardog_bark.CAS                                       -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_bark.evt    
    anim        stand_to_ready        data/animations/wardog/wardog_static2stand_ready.CAS
    anim        ready            data/animations/wardog/wardog_stand_ready.CAS
    anim        ready_to_stand        data/animations/wardog/wardog_stand_ready2static.CAS
    anim        stand_to_walk        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Walk.CAS                        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Walk.evt
    anim        stand_to_run        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Run.CAS                         -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Run.evt
    anim        stand_turn_cw_1        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Right.CAS                         -mintd:10, -maxtd:60, -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Right.evt
    anim        stand_turn_ccw_1        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Left.CAS                          -mintd:10, -maxtd:60, -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Left.evt
    anim        walk            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk.CAS                               -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk.evt
    anim        walk_to_run        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Run.CAS                           -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Run.evt
    anim        walk_to_stand        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Static.CAS                        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Static.evt
    anim        run            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run.CAS                                -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run.evt
    anim        run_to_walk        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Walk.CAS                           -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Walk.evt
    anim        run_to_stand        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Static.CAS                         -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Static.evt
    anim        charge            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Gallop.CAS                             -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Gallop.evt
    ;anim        charge_attack        data/animations/wardog/wardog_charge_attack.cas
    anim        stand_to_charge        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Gallop.CAS                      -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Gallop.evt
    anim        run_to_charge        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Gallop.CAS                         -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Gallop.evt
    anim        shuffle_forward        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Shuffle_Forward.CAS                    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Shuffle_Forward.evt
    anim        shuffle_back        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Shuffle_Back.CAS                       -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Shuffle_Back.evt
    ;anim        attack_mid_low_1        data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack_bite.CAS                        -evt:data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack_bite.evt
    anim        attack_mid_low_1        data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack.CAS                        -evt:data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack_bite.evt
    ;;anim        attack_mid_centre_1    data/animations/wardog/wardog_walk_bite.cas
    ;anim        attack_mid_high_1        data/animations/wardog/wardog_run_bite.CAS                           -evt:data/animations/wardog/wardog_run_bite.evt
    anim        attack_mid_high_1        data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack.CAS                           -evt:data/animations/wardog/wardog_run_bite.evt
    anim        die_forwards        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.CAS                                -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_backwards        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.CAS                                -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_to_back_right        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.CAS                                -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_falling_cycle                                data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing.CAS                                   -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing.evt    ;        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_falling_end                                  data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing to Death.CAS                          -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing to Death.evt    ;        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        idle_to_swim            data/animations/wardog/wardog_STAND2SWIM.CAS                
    anim        swim_to_idle            data/animations/wardog/wardog_SWIM2STAND.CAS
    anim        swim_idle                data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS
    anim        swim                    data/animations/wardog/wardog_swim.cas
    anim        swim_attack                data/animations/wardog/wardog_swim_attack.cas                -id 0.02, 0.31, 0.80    -if:11

type        fs_pig

anim        stand                                            data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_idle.CAS                                     -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_idle.evt    
    anim        stand_to_walk                                    data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_idle2walk.CAS                                -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_idle2walk.evt
    anim        stand_to_run                                     data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_idle2run.CAS                                 -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_idle2run.evt
    anim        walk_to_run                                      data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_walk2run.CAS                                 -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_walk2run.evt
    anim        walk_to_stand                                    data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_walk2idle.CAS                                -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_walk2idle.evt
    anim        walk                                             data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_walk.CAS                                     -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_walk.evt
    anim        run_to_walk                                      data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_run2walk.CAS                                 -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_run2walk.evt
    anim        run_to_stand                                     data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_run2idle.CAS                                 -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_run2idle.evt
    anim        run                                              data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_run.CAS                                      -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_run.evt
    anim        stand_turn_cw_1                                  data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_turn_right.CAS                               -mintd:10, -maxtd:60, -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_turn_right.evt
    anim        stand_turn_ccw_1                                 data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_turn_left.CAS                                -mintd:10, -maxtd:60, -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_turn_left.evt
    anim        attack_mid_high_1                                data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_attack.CAS                                   -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_attack.evt
    anim        die_forwards                                     data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_die.CAS                                      -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_die.evt
    anim        die_backwards                                    data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_die.CAS                                      -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_die.evt
    anim        die_to_back_right                                data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_die.CAS                                      -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_die.evt
    anim        die_falling_cycle                                data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_flailing.CAS                                 -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_flailing.evt    ;                          -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_die.evt
    anim        die_falling_end                                  data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_flailing to Death.CAS                        -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_flailing to Death.evt    ;                          -evt:data/animations/wardog/unit_pig_die.evt
    anim        idle_to_swim            data/animations/wardog/pig_STAND2SWIM.CAS                
    anim        swim_to_idle            data/animations/wardog/pig_SWIM2STAND.CAS
    anim        swim_idle                data/animations/wardog/pig_swim_treadwater.CAS
    anim        swim                    data/animations/wardog/pig_swim.cas
    anim        swim_attack                data/animations/wardog/pig_swim_attack.cas                -id -0.59, 0.142, 0.914    -if:10

Edit: doesn't look if the CAS files are compatible with M2TW - just tried using RTW diplomat's 'treaty' animation for M2TW and it crashed on compiling.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 02, 2019 at 01:11 AM.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Hello, i play a mod which already uses the pig and wardog-spots for the Goblin Fanatics and Chaos Hounds.
    Wow, that's great news for me. I got 2 handler units - one with wolves and one with dogs. But I got a problem - the game takes same model for "pigs" and "dogs" (that is first in the list in descr_animals). How to make 2 different models ingame?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

https://youtu.be/-7fMzlPt5iM

Finally got it working for my mod but sometimes have random CTD by the reason I don't understand.

A few things to add to this thread:

1) The 'animal' line in EDU only accepts two valid arguments: wardogs (which links to class wardog in descr_animals) and pigs (which links to class pig in descr_animals). Therefore, it seems there is no point having more than two types in descr_animals, only one wardog and one pig can ever get called by EDU.

2) The pig class doesn't seem to work as well as the wardog class. Instead of being released by their handlers at ~100 meter radius to charge at the enemy, the pigs and handlers just walk casually at their enemy and then start running amok about 1 second after contact (even though the unit doesn't have the can_run_amok attribute). The enemy suffers no casualties. I seem to recall that pigs in RTW were incendiary and blew up or something when they came into contact with the enemy, but that functionality appears to be missing in M2 (or else I don't know how to activate it).

3) It's impossible to have mounted handler units. Units in EDU can either have an 'animal' line or a 'mount' line, but not both. Adding both just makes the game stop reading EDU which causes a startup CTD.

Blog Entries

Thanks for that info, pigs actually burst into flames in RTW and lit up enemy units then.

I once, just for laughs, created a handler unit that used elephants - quite devastating.

If you use 'wardogs' as the animal in EDU, you can replace their model in descr_animal with just about anything so long as it has all the necessary animations (including a melee attack).

Forgot to mention:

4) It is possible to have ranged handler units, but they won't work well because the secondary stats are used for the animal's attack so the handlers have only their ranged primary attack but no melee secondary.

Any suggestions about random CTDs on them? Even with proper animations. It's like 5 successful attempts to 1 CTD in tests.

When is it crashing? If during the battle, the animal is probably missing animations. Here is my working wardog animation set from descr_skeleton:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Code:
    type        fs_wardog

anim        default                data/animations/wardog/Wardog_default.CAS                    -fr    

anim        stand_a_idle            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static.CAS                    -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static.evt
    anim        stand_a_to_walk            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_static2Walk.CAS                    -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_static2Walk.evt
    anim        stand_a_to_run            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Run.CAS                    -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Run.evt
    anim        stand_a_to_charge            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Gallop.CAS                -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Gallop.evt

anim        stand_a_lf_idle_1            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_bark.CAS                    -fr
    anim        stand_a_lf_idle_2            data/animations/wardog/wardog_stand_ready2static.CAS                -fr        
    anim        stand_a_lf_idle_3            data/animations/wardog/wardog_stand_ready.CAS                -fr        
    anim        stand_a_lf_idle_1            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static.CAS                    -fr        

anim        stand_a_turn_45_cw_1            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Right.CAS                -mintd:10    -maxtd:68    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Right.evt
    anim        stand_a_turn_45_ccw_1            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Left.CAS                -mintd:10    -maxtd:68    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Left.evt
    anim        stand_a_turn_90_cw_1            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Right.CAS                -mintd:67    -maxtd:115    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Right.evt
    anim        stand_a_turn_90_ccw_1            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Left.CAS                -mintd:67    -maxtd:115    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Left.evt

anim        walk                    data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk.CAS                    -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk.evt
    anim        walk_to_run                data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Run.CAS                    -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Run.evt
    anim        walk_to_stand_a                data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Static.CAS                -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Static.evt

anim        run                    data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run.CAS                    -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run.evt
    anim        run_to_walk                data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Gallop.CAS                -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Gallop.evt
    anim        run_to_stand_a                data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Static.CAS                    -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Static.evt
    anim        run_to_charge                data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Walk.CAS                    -fr    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Walk.evt

anim        charge                    data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Gallop.CAS                        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Gallop.evt
    anim        charge_attack                data/animations/wardog/Wardog_attack.CAS                    -fr    -if:7    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Gallop.evt

anim        attack_mid_low_1            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_attack.CAS                -fr    -if:34     -evt:data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack_bite.evt
    anim        attack_mid_centre_1        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_attack.CAS                -fr    -if:13    -evt:data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack_bite.evt
    anim        attack_mid_high_1            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_attack.CAS                -fr    -if:21     -evt:data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack_bite.evt

;anim        knockback_from_front        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                    
    ;anim        knockback_from_back        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                                    
    ;anim        knockback_from_right        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                                        
    ;anim        knockback_from_left        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                                    
    ;
    ;anim        knockback_move_from_front        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                    
    ;anim        knockback_move_from_back        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                    
    ;anim        knockback_move_from_right        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                            
    ;anim        knockback_move_from_left        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                            
    ;
    ;anim        knockdown_launch            data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                                
    ;anim        knockdown_lying            data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                                
    ;anim        knockdown_recover            data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                                
    ;
    ;anim        knockdown_forward_launch        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                                
    ;anim        knockdown_forward_lying        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                                        
    ;anim        knockdown_forward_recover        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS

anim        die_forward_1        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.CAS                    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_backward_1        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.CAS                    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_to_back_right_1    data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.CAS                    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_to_back_left_1        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.CAS                    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_falling_cycle        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing.CAS                    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing.evt    ;        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_falling_end        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing to Death.CAS                -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing to Death.evt    ;        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt

anim        idle_to_swim                data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                    -fr    -id -0.1, 4.75, 4.84    -if:15
    anim        swim_to_idle                data/animations/wardog/wardog_SWIM2STAND.CAS                -fr
    anim        swim_idle                data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS                    -fr
    anim        swim                    data/animations/wardog/wardog_swim.CAS                    -fr
    anim        swim_attack                data/animations/wardog/wardog_swim_attack.CAS                -fr    -id 0.0, 4.17, 5.21    -if:13

As far as I can tell, there are no animation requirements for the handlers themselves, only the animals.

Blog Entries

Long shot - officers (not the unit itself) with missile unit animation lead to crashes when entering melee. A similar issue (ranged handler) here?

I commented out the officers in my tests.

Blog Entries

I was more referring to the possibility that having a ranged animation for the handlers might have the same effect as having ranged officers, eg a crash when they enter melee.

Ranged handlers don't crash in melee, they just don't have a secondary attack action. It's the same result as setting the secondary attack of any ranged unit to 'no'. They still have defense stats, but they don't counter attack, so they get slaughtered in melee.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

does anyone know in detail about the ctd when animals get in melee?
    right now both the handler and the animal of my handler unit have the same model/animation.

The animation works prefectly fine if used in a normal infantry unit, no crash.
    It also works fine if I set the handler unit without any animal so the handlers attack by themselves alone.

Its just when I have the animals, with the quoted animation, that the game CTD when they reach the enemy.

ALSO

is it possible to edit the distance/position between handler and animal in handler units? by default the animal stand like one meter in front of the handler guy, straight.

and is it possible to edit the distance where the handlers stops advancing and just stand and release the animal? My idea is to actually make this distance zero so both the animals and the handlers arrive at the enemies y the same time.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; October 22, 2022 at 04:47 AM.

Blog Entries

The animal should have the fs_dog animation, the handler is regular infantry. No idea what governs that distance.

From 1648:
    Code:
    7 wardogs 
    1 1
    43 unit_models/_Units/wardogs/wardog_lod0.mesh 6400 
    4 merc 
    50 unit_models/_Units/wardogs/textures/wardog.texture 
    57 unit_models/_Units/wardogs/textures/wardog_normal.texture 
    36 unit_sprites/merc_wardogs_sprite.spr 
    4 merc 
    50 unit_models/_Units/wardogs/textures/wardog.texture 
    57 unit_models/_Units/wardogs/textures/wardog_normal.texture 0  
    4 None 
    6 fs_dog 
    0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Code:
    type        fs_dog
    scale        0.8

anim        default            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static.evt
    anim        stand_a_idle        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_bark.CAS            -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_bark.evt    
    anim        stand_a_to_ready    data/animations/wardog/wardog_static2stand_ready.CAS
    anim        ready            data/animations/wardog/wardog_stand_ready.CAS
    anim        ready_to_stand_a    data/animations/wardog/wardog_stand_ready2static.CAS
    anim        stand_a_to_walk        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Walk.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Walk.evt
    anim        stand_a_to_run        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Run.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Run.evt
    anim        stand_a_turn_90_cw_1    data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Right.CAS        -mintd:10, -maxtd:60, -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Right.evt
    anim        stand_a_turn_90_ccw_1    data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Left.CAS        -mintd:10, -maxtd:60, -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Turn_Left.evt
    anim        walk            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk.CAS            -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk.evt
    anim        walk_to_run        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Run.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Run.evt
    anim        walk_to_stand_a        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Static.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Walk2Static.evt
    anim        run            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run.CAS            -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run.evt
    anim        run_to_walk        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Walk.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Walk.evt
    anim        run_to_stand_a        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Static.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Static.evt
    anim        charge            data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Gallop.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Gallop.evt
    ;anim        charge_attack        data/animations/wardog/wardog_charge_attack.cas
    ;anim        stand_to_charge        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Gallop.CAS          -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Gallop.evt
    anim        stand_a_to_run        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Gallop.CAS          -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Static2Gallop.evt
    anim        run_to_charge        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Gallop.CAS         -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Run2Gallop.evt
    anim        shuffle_forward        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Shuffle_Forward.CAS    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Shuffle_Forward.evt
    anim        shuffle_backward    data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Shuffle_Back.CAS           -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Shuffle_Back.evt
    ;anim        attack_mid_low_1    data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack_bite.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack_bite.evt
    anim        attack_mid_low_1    data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack_bite.evt
    ;anim        attack_mid_centre_1    data/animations/wardog/wardog_walk_bite.cas
    anim        attack_mid_high_1    data/animations/wardog/wardog_attack.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/wardog_run_bite.evt
    anim        die_forward_1        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.CAS            -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_backward_1        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.CAS            -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_to_back_right_1    data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.CAS            -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_falling_cycle    data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing.CAS        -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing.evt            ;-evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        die_falling_end        data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing to Death.CAS    -evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_flailing to Death.evt    ;-evt:data/animations/wardog/Wardog_Die.evt
    anim        idle_to_swim        data/animations/wardog/wardog_STAND2SWIM.CAS        
    anim        swim_to_idle        data/animations/wardog/wardog_SWIM2STAND.CAS
    anim        swim_idle        data/animations/wardog/wardog_treadwater.CAS
    anim        swim            data/animations/wardog/wardog_swim.cas
    ;anim        swim_attack_1        data/animations/wardog/wardog_swim_attack.cas        -id 0.02, 0.31, 0.80    -if:11
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 26, 2022 at 11:56 PM.

I just made one ranged unit from TATW 4.0 (uruk bombardiers) to be a handler unit with ZERO animals.

They use their ranged attack normally (they only have 2 ammo) and then engage in melee normally, with an effective attack (punches) that can kill enemies. I just tested. THEY HAVE THE PREC ATRIBUTE BY THE WAY.

Code:
    type             bombardier
    dictionary       bombardier
    category         handler
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_infantry
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          marines, 4, 0, 1
    animal             wardogs
    attributes       sea_faring, hardy, can_withdraw, cannot_skirmish, frighten_foot, frighten_mounted, can_sap
    formation        0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 1, horde
    stat_health      3, 2
    stat_pri         63, 0, fire_isengard_cannon_shot, 30, 2, thrown, artillery_gunpowder, blunt, none, 0.0000000001, 1
    stat_pri_attr    ap, bp, area, launching, thrown, prec
    stat_sec         15, 12, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  6, 4, 0, leather
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        2
    stat_ground      0, 0, 0, -2
    stat_mental      16, normal, trained, lock_morale
    stat_charge_dist 10
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 200, 150, 50, 50, 250, 2, 350
    armour_ug_levels 1
    armour_ug_models bombardier, bombardier
    ownership        france
    era 0            france
    era 1            france
    era 2            france
    recruit_priority_offset    -5
    and this is the entry in bmdb

Code:
    4 None 
    16 MTW2_2HSwordsman 0  
    24 MTW2_2HSwordsman_Primary 0
    from my tests a handler unit with zero animals will act like a normal infantry unit, wich is a very useful thing for when you want your infatry unit to not be able to climb walls or push siege engines, like a unit with too heavy armor or a unit of undead men in fantasy mods.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; November 02, 2022 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    Ranged handlers don't crash in melee, they just don't have a secondary attack action. It's the same result as setting the secondary attack of any ranged unit to 'no'. They still have defense stats, but they don't counter attack, so they get slaughtered in melee.

Maybe you're talking about the animals and not the handlers.
    Cause I just made a ranged handler unit (zero animals) and they work pretty fine for ranged and melee attack, including AI behavior.

No, I was talking about the handlers. If the unit has an animal, then stat_sec is used for the animal's attack. There are only two attack lines in EDU: stat_pri and stat_sec - you can't specify primary, secondary, and animal attacks at once. I can only assume the handlers' secondary attack worked for you because the unit has no animals, although I'm surprised the game is smart enough to apply stat_sec to the handler in that case.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast