Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE II: Unit Previews [W.I.P.]

Takverely's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 2.0: Unit Previews [W.I.P.]

great units

will there be any new units for Georgia?

Sportin' a huge war-boner right now.

Just sayin'.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupanibre View Post
    Sportin' a huge war-boner right now.

Just sayin'.
    TMI

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    TMI

So-Cal - If you were gaming your finishing work on PDER 2.0 around the release of Empires, good job. As Empires is a total flop which doesn't improve the game and isn't friendly to modding, people will be clamoring for M2TW mods!!

unleash it!!

Quote Originally Posted by VanguardXIII View Post
    So-Cal - If you were gaming your finishing work on PDER 2.0 around the release of Empires, good job. As Empires is a total flop which doesn't improve the game and isn't friendly to modding, people will be clamoring for M2TW mods!!

unleash it!!
    Dunno if it's a flop, but I've heard that the engine is a step backwards in someways and that naval battles aren't all that great.

PDER 2.0 will be done when it's done. I'm hoping for summer release but still have work to do on an all-new map stretching from west africa to Merv, Trondheim to Masqaṭ.

aarronpeake's Avatar Civis

Hi not been on for a long time! But i'm back now.....

The new 2.0 units look amazing your doing a great job cant wait for the release!!

Quote Originally Posted by aarronpeake View Post
    Hi not been on for a long time! But i'm back now.....

The new 2.0 units look amazing your doing a great job cant wait for the release!!
    Thanks! I have a whole bunch more done! Just haven't had time to preview them yet!

And if you like pretty new units be sure to check out The Last Kingdom! I'm helping out with it! And danova has created some lovely units!

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

PDER 2.0 will be done when it's done. I'm hoping for summer release but still have work to do on an all-new map stretching from west africa to Merv, Trondheim to Masqaṭ.
    Awesome, I didn't know you were expanding the map!

If its expanded up North to Trondheim, I presume the Nidaros (capital of Medieval Norway) will finally be added then? If so, yay!

And if you like pretty new units be sure to check out The Last Kingdom! I'm helping out with it! And danova has created some lovely units!
    Will those some pretty units be in PDER? Possibly for Denmark, Norway or Scotland?

I know I've asked before, but you said you needed to ask danova first, so the question is... did you get the OK for it?

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    Awesome, I didn't know you were expanding the map!

If its expanded up North to Trondheim, I presume the Nidaros (capital of Medieval Norway) will finally be added then? If so, yay!
    This is the satellite data I am working with to create the map for PDER II. I'll give rep to whoever guesses all the new factions I have planned.

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    Will those some pretty units be in PDER? Possibly for Denmark, Norway or Scotland?

I know I've asked before, but you said you needed to ask danova first, so the question is... did you get the OK for it?
    haven't asked yet, tbh. Busy helping him finish up TLK for release!

Why has the map always have to be bigger?
    I prefer smaller maps, and the old one was great.

will still play pder 2.0 tho

Senator

This is the satellite data I am working with to create the map for PDER II. I'll give rep to whoever guesses all the new factions I have planned.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Whoa, that map looks awesome! Great work!

Well from the factions revealed so far, I think the count is about 27, so that leaves 3 more.

I'm guessing (or hoping):

The Khwarezm Empire in the East, Principality of Chernigov (Would give a nice oppertunity to use some of the Ruischi units ) and the Zirid Emirate (They've got such a good position! )

Also I'd suggest to make the Sahara region a giant uncrossable desert, in which armies or factions can't conquer it or walk into it. The Moors shouldn't be able to conquer all of the Sahara, nor should any faction. It would also save up some space for regions. Maybe do the same with Inner Arabia also, because no faction at the time would have been able to conquer it.

Also I'd suggest to make the Sahara region a giant uncrossable desert, in which armies or factions can't conquer it or walk into it. The Moors shouldn't be able to conquer all of the Sahara, nor should any faction. It would also save up some space for regions. Maybe do the same with Inner Arabia also, because no faction at the time would have been able to conquer it.
    Well, I agree with you that no faction should be able to conquer either of these regions. There wouldn’t have been any point in doing so. But, the Sahara wasn’t entirely uncrossable. In medieval times, there were lucrative caravan trade routes between North Africa and the Mali Empire whose farthest northern extent isn’t too far from the southern border of this satellite image. The Malian emperor Mansa Musa even made a pilgrimage to Mecca by way of Morocco in 1324 with an entourage that (according to Arabic primary sources) numbered in the tens of thousands. Here is a translated excerpt from Al-Umari:

"This man [Mansa Musa] flooded Cairo with his benefactions. He left no court emir nor holder of a royal office without the gift of a load of gold. The Cairenes made incalculable profits out of him and his suite in buying and selling and giving and taking. They exchanged gold until they depressed its value in Egypt and caused its price to fall.”

I'm actually extending the map to Samarkand. I thought I'd have problems cutting settlements but to be honest the only settlements I regret cutting to make room for more eastern settlements are Kabala and Akaba...and the Sahara/Arabia/and northwest corner of the map will be unconquerable...like how EB does it with Teherazza (sp?)

I'm actually extending the map to Samarkand. I thought I'd have problems cutting settlements but to be honest the only settlements I regret cutting to make room for more eastern settlements are Kabala and Akaba...and the Sahara/Arabia/and northwest corner of the map will be unconquerable...like how EB does it with Teherazza (sp?)

sigh but Kabala was always the 'third in a row' town that the Georgians needed to take, after Tblisi

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Well, I agree with you that no faction should be able to conquer either of these regions. There wouldn’t have been any point in doing so. But, the Sahara wasn’t entirely uncrossable.
    The reason to make it uncrossable, is so that factions can't conquer it. If the Sahara is crossable for armies, the Moors or the Egyptians will undoutably conquer it after a few turns, which just absolutely shouldn't happen.

M2TW's game mechanics are a bit tedious, but making it uncrossable would be the most realistic solution, imo.

To Samarkand? That far? Wow, cool!

Also its good that you've already made the Sahara, etc unconquerable. Its annoying to see factions manage to conquer these regions like this in a matter of few turns.

M2TW's game mechanics are a bit tedious, but making it uncrossable would be the most realistic solution, imo.
    Yeah, I agree on both counts.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

WOW this looks really nice!!

Keep it up , fantastic work!

Quote Originally Posted by romy View Post
    WOW this looks really nice!!

Keep it up , fantastic work!
    Indeed, very impressive and original units! I would love to see these up close in combat.
    Anri Sugihara

Click for more info

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

for the new factions id say
    khwarezmians
    volgo bulgars
    cherningov

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post