Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: exterminate/enslave/occupy CTD - any known solution?

Default Re: exterminate/enslave/occupy CTD - any known solution?

Quote Originally Posted by SquidSK View Post
    Then this isn't the same error, the one described in this thread will only occur if you press occupy/enslave/exterminate options once you are back on the campaign map. Your CTD sounds more like one I've heard about from EB related to a memory leak, if you have a big battle wait 15-30 seconds after the battle score is displayed before returning to the campaign map, otherwise you'll have a CTD.
    interesting I just had something like that which seemed to be script related...
    big battle with spawned armies and some things that should happen via script after battle; worked fine on autoresolve and fine losing battle on battle map by exiting battle early on, CTD'd regularly on trying to return to strat map if you actually played the battle out for a long while - win or lose. Improved after moving some of post battle scripting off to end of turn monitor.

do seem to be having some memory leak type symptoms with Alex.exe - eg bits that should work fine, don't after CTD and re-start of program. Never had anything like that on BI, do you know any more about which .exe's are effected and if scripts are a contributory factor?

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Quote Originally Posted by SquidSK View Post
    Then this isn't the same error, the one described in this thread will only occur if you press occupy/enslave/exterminate options once you are back on the campaign map.
    That's exactly the same situation I described in my first post in this thread.
    I besieged a settlement.
    During the AI's turn the enemy decided to sally out.
    I didn't want to fight the battle at that time so I saved.
    Next time I played, I selected continue campaign from the main menu.
    I defeated the enemy army.
    I was presented with the option to either occupy, enslave or exterminate.
    I choose enslave and promptly ctd.
    I fought the battle again and choose exterminate with the same results.

However, When I now load the save, by selecting load campaign option, I don't ctd at all.

Hi, late response, I know.

I've been having the same CTD, probably because they didn't have an escape route, I don't know.
    It came right after I fixed the revolt CTD so was kind of annoying.

I fixed this by moving my army that was besieging the settlement away, and instead bribed it with one of my diplomats... May not be as fun but at least I didn't get a CTD.

Hope this helps some people, now I need to get back to protecting my empire, just got stabbed in the back by my 'good' ally, the Bactrian Kingdom

Was there ever a fix for this CTD? I just had it occur to me well into a campaign with the Iberians...

Its a little late as the save game is now deleted...

BUT if it ever happens again in the future... Was a solution struck?

It happend to me around Tingi...

Strange thing is that it occurred and I had already captured Tingi twice but on this third capture it was occuring...

So my question is does anyone know what exactly causes this and how to fix it?

I was several turns into this campaign.

I have RTW 1.5 without the addons...

Also there were 2 armies that fought against me...

I layed siege on the province and another AI army attacked me from outside the walls the next turn causing me to go into a 2vs1 battle with the AI...

After beating them and getting the option to take the settlement...

CTD upon clicking.

Any info is appreciated.

-iLeeT_PeeP
    Last edited by iLeeT_PeeP; January 30, 2014 at 08:19 PM.
    Interesting Fact?
    Only the emperor or triumphant generals could wear all purple, anybody else doing so would be killed.

Sword, Spear, and Shield Mini Mod Version 2.8

by iLeeT_PeeP

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Gentlemen. I know this is an old thread but I have come across a CTD after defeating the slave faction, either by auto-resolve or battle. What happens is that after the battle and before the three options for the city, it crashes to desktop. I have looked at traits but played with no triggers and there was a CTD. Can any body help here. I suspect it has something to do with the buildings file but am unsure. It doesn't seem to happen when defeating other factions and occupying their cities.

Thanks in advance.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

I will flag down makanyane, because I don't have anything to add here.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    I will flag down makanyane, because I don't have anything to add here.
    Noted! Erm, thanks, as last time I was here was apparently 2009 so that's a good memory test...

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Gentlemen. I know this is an old thread but I have come across a CTD after defeating the slave faction, either by auto-resolve or battle. What happens is that after the battle and before the three options for the city, it crashes to desktop. I have looked at traits but played with no triggers and there was a CTD. Can any body help here. I suspect it has something to do with the buildings file but am unsure. It doesn't seem to happen when defeating other factions and occupying their cities.

Thanks in advance.
    Is this occuring every time you win a siege against the slave faction or just at specific settlements?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

It seems to be specific settlements, in this case in North Britain. I did try giving one of the settlements to another faction but still found that a CTD occurred after the Celts took the settlements.

I have done further investigations. It seems a wonder building (Sacred Grove) was placed near one of the settlements, possibly causing the CTD. I have moved the wonder away from the settlement and it now seems fine. I also tried waiting about 30 seconds after winning the battle and have also found this to work.
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; February 03, 2019 at 09:43 PM.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

I met similar problem in process of try to iron out ctd from XC5. I get it when from auto-game when Iberia take Mediolanium from slave. When I try to figure out what part of EDB related to it, it related to 1 single religion conversion line in one hinterland building in settlement which I could not make sense why but when disable this line, ctd is skipped. I want ot find out reason and how to avoid it as well.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123