Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Medieval Total War - Redux 1.0b

I'm currently amassing forces to strike against the dastardly Lombards (who have betrayed me in many campaigns) as Italy. And I must say this mod makes playing the game just as magical as it was before in 2002, I just love the 'Risk'ness of the original and your mod further enhances it! Good work sir!
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Hi Axalon....
    Congrats. for your amazing mod and your interest for an even better MTW experience...
    Any news or updates for your release...?????
    Im sure many people are waiting....
    Cheers...

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Hi and thanks again folks…

First of all, Filefront/Gamefront-management has yet again in their infinite wisdom screwed up – this time they deleted all my file-statistics to hell. The files are still there but all statistics are gone. Wonderful…

Anyhow, below is a demo-pic of the new provinces and sea-sections in Redux. Note that there are no “extra regions or sections” – I’ve just redesigned the map all over for better and improved gameplay with the existing number of regions in the original game – that is 99 land and 37 sea. Trade and sea-stuff functions much better for the Ai it seems. Old key-strategic regions like Cordoba, Flanders and Syria has been toned down in importance. Islands like Malta and Rhodes has totally disappeared – they did not contribute enough to the game to stay in.

New provinces like Picardy, Couronia, Tripolitania etc. etc. are in. Africa is bigger; the Baltic and Black Sea regions are a bit more complex and interesting while less decisive etc. Successful travels from Wessex to Novgorod or Egypt are longer and thus harder to achieve. There are ultimately 4 bottlenecks (instead of just the one in the original) separating the Mediterranean and the North Atlantic area etc. etc. etc. Find out all about it once the beta of new Redux is out – which seems to be fairly soon at this point.

Hopefully people will like these changes; at least I like ‘em. Here is a sample of the original map for comparison...

Anyhow, stay tuned. I’ll probably get back here soon with more news and stuff….

- Cheers

Tiro

Great job
    Writing more on .org
    Sorry for my bad english , I don't mind correcting!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Very nice map axalon...Congrats...cant wait for the new release...any date yet???
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 12, 2011 at 01:42 PM.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

nice map mate :-D

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Realy looking forward
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Hi and thanks guys… Speaking of dates…

Tiro

Lol, nice marketing, 3rd edition at 03-03-and unfortunately it's not 2013
    Sorry for my bad english , I don't mind correcting!

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

wooohoo!!

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Im in! Axalon`s effort is that of a Total War Hero!
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

So glad there's still such first rate work being done for MTW. I'm looking forward to V3!
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Default Re: Medieval Total War - Redux (BETA)

Alright guys, the link is up! (I'll set up another link as well soonish)….

It would be good if somebody could confirm that the files actually works? Other then that, the more and precise intel I get from people playing and testing Redux – the greater chances are that I can make a better game in general for the later formal release....

- Enjoy da game.

Default Re: Medieval Total War - Redux (BETA)

This is a BETA-version of new Redux (Medieval Total War-Redux 3rd Edition) as such not everything is carved in stone yet or completed. Anyhow, it requires the original MTW game in order to run - as in the V 1.1 version or with the compatibility-module it can also run on VI/V 2.01 – the game and experience is the same.

To install Redux you first set up a clean install of MTW somewhere and then properly patch it up to either V1.1 or VI/V2.01 – once that is done you THEN copy/paste over Redux on top of MTW, standard package first and VI-module last… If done this way, Redux should work just fine.

The primary campaign in this version of Redux is “RX-classic”, a scenario which offers a campaign spanning from 700-1260 AD – in total 560 turns. 10 out of 18 factions are playable in it along with unruly rebels and pirates as well. The overall goal is total supremacy over Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, either by achieving 60% or a 100% domination of all provinces. The means for achieving this goal are troops, ships and agents, and yet more of the same. Development and a functional economy is key for survival on the road to glory - without it you will surely perish.

Anyhow, while we wait for the formal release, please report in bugs, typos and anomalies if you encounter any.

- Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod Name: Medieval Total War – Redux
    Mod Version: BETA 1000 (3rd Edition)
    Language: English
    Terms of Use: P.U.O, Personal Use Only, any other plans, let me know and we’ll see.
    Applicability: Medieval Total War v1.1 only. Not compatible with V2.01 yet…
    Size: Rared 184 Mb/Zipped 237 Mb/Uncompressed 335 Mb
    Operating System: 2000/XP (Vista/W7 unconfirmed)
    Hardware: see “Redux_ReadMe.txt”-file, hardware issues & info section. In short; ATI X800 series are probably the best GFX-cards for this game coupled with drivers prior to 2005 (ATI 9800’s are also good GFX-cards). Virtually everything else is “try and find out” essentially.
    Description: This is a BETA-version of new Redux (Medieval Total War-Redux 3rd Edition) as such not everything is carved in stone yet or completed. Anyhow, it requires the original MTW game in order to run - as in the V 1.1 version or with the compatibility-module it can also run on VI/V 2.01 (once released) – the game and experience is the same.
    Credits: see “Redux_ReadMe.txt”-file, credits section…
    Download Links:

Download zip-version: (primary)
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/905...redux-beta1000

Download rar-version: (reserve)
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20059...x_Beta1000_rar

EDIT:

The Official MTW Patch 1.1

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m.../patch/16.html

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/234...ro_release-zip

For those who might need it, both links are functional and reliable…. (US/Euro-release)
    Last edited by Axalon; March 06, 2011 at 03:48 AM. Reason: update

Default Re: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Hey quick question,

Im playing the 1.0b version as the Norse, its about 80 turns into the game and everyone is allied with each other, im the only one warring.

What could be causing this and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Hello Valentino,

I will try to post up some answers for you here tonight (Euro-time). Anyhow, if you do have MTW V.1.1 available, you really should consider downloading the new redux beta instead. The Norse, is an optional faction there by default.

-----------------------------------------------------
    EDIT:

Alright….

As I have too little info to provide you with solid answers I can only guess, but I will try anyway. In my experience, it happens sometimes – in raw MTW as well. Experience would also have it to be temporary – and most common at the beginning of a campaign. Other possible reasons…

• Your faction is not strong enough on the map to make the AI “hate you” or feel seriously threatened by you. Once it does, there is barely a turning back.
    • Your faction don’t have a strong fleet, otherwise you will get war that way eventually. This goes for the AI as well (if this is the case, install the Spanish fix).

I think the best way to fix this general circumstance is to go to war with a proper faction, stirring things up, be the bad boy of Europe… Hell you are already playing the Norse and they are supposed to be the “scourge of Europe” anyway.

Wars in MTW are often a like a chain-reactions, once one starts others are soon to follow – especially once you have progressed a bit more into the campaign. The AI is a coward and once an opportunity presents it self the AI are usually keen to exploit it - if it deemed “safe” enough. Doing some surprise-attack etc. on its neighbour who might just been faced with a war elsewhere…

- Good Luck
    Last edited by Axalon; March 06, 2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: update

Thanks for the reply.

Ill think Ill hold out playing until the Viking patch for this mod comes out since I only have the Gold edition of MTW.

By the way, when do you envision the Viking patch coming out?

Cheers

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Will play this,whenever possible

Congrats Axalon for keeping up with this

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Good work on the mod, one question has arisen:

Is it possible to play with unit size 'huge' without having to wait 2 years to recruit them?
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Axalon, I tried starting the beta today to spend some quality time before S2TW but unfortunately it crashes to desktop when I load my campaign. Vista 64-bit issues I believe.

I use the 1152x864 native resolution, nVIDIA 7900GS with laptop drivers and XP Compatibility Mode. Works like a charm on other mods, for some reason.

I'll install on another fresh copy and come back to you.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!