Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Default Re: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Doesn't work. It keeps asking me for a "url", but the pictures don't have a url, since they're on my desktop.

It's not exactly what you want, but you can try this:
    https://gyazo.com/

Here's how it works:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then you just have to click the insert image button and paste the sharing url.
    Last edited by Bercor; January 17, 2016 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLurch View Post
    Doesn't work. It keeps asking me for a "url", but the pictures don't have a url, since they're on my desktop.
    It works. The image I added to my previous post was directly uploaded to twcenter from my hard drive. Here, check this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obraz 31.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	333970

After you click "Add Files" a small window appears that gives you two clickable options: "Upload files from a Website | Computer". Choose the one you desire.

Good Afternoon,
    Thanks to Stazi, I can now upload my pictures. Here are a few images of minor glitches I've noticed whle playing Redux:
    1. The first image is of a marriage offer from the Lombards. However, the message is signed "King Roger II of The Papal States".
    2. The second image is enemy troops mobbing in front of a closed gate during a siege, even though they are being fired on by castle defenses.
    3. The third image is of the diplomacy menu. Notice that the shield for the Byzantine Empire is slightly off-center.
    4. The third image is of the A.I. leaving a unit in front of a wall that it is bombarding with artillery.

I'm not sure how much you can do about these glitches, Axalon, particularly the second and fourth ones. However, you seem like the kind of guy who is constantly trying to improve his work, so I hope you don't take this post the wrong way. Thanks to Axalon for making this mod, and Stazi for showing me how to attach images.
    -LordLurch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lombard_emissary_glitch.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	335.0 KB 
ID:	333977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gate_mob_glitch.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	333978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Byzantine_shield_glitch.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	334.7 KB 
ID:	333979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artillery_glitch.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	333980

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Hello again folks, I'm back (for the moment anyways)...

I have checked your images Lurch and my supposedly magic comments on all that are as follows:

1. This stuff I can/should do something about (and I will for future releases). And the error, is probably mine somehow. As far as I can tell. As usual this is probably a VI/V.2.01 exclusive (I'll check later on to be sure). If I can replicate it, you will then be credited for this find in the next full release...
    2. This one I can do nothing about... I have no existing means or parameters to somehow influence this part or aspect of the game. Its all on CA, this one... It happens when the AI is at a loss on what to do, and its not unique for sieges but it becomes extra visible there. It can happen in irregular or extreme circumstances.
    3. This one I can do nothing about... It is all on CA, this one... The interface cant handle more then 16 alliances at a time, and if there are more, then that pic shows exactly what happens and the Byzantine-shield will move even more to the right if there yet further alliances. Its typically rare that it happens but it could happen in the raw game as well. For stuff like XL and other faction heavy projects/alterations the chances for this stuff increases by the sheer amount of factions included. It will disappear once there are 16 or less alliances to any given faction again.
    4. This one I can do nothing about... I have no existing means or parameters to somehow influence this part or aspect of the game. It is all on CA, this one...

On general terms, its a good idea to bother reporting in stuff that one suspect to be in error/buggy somehow – if it turns out to be just that then reporting in in means I (or someone else!) can try to fix it ASAP. Failing to reporting in such stuff will symptomatically yield zilch such results, or any results for that matter. Be the judge on what alternative that strikes you as the best folks... Do accordingly...

Quote Originally Posted by LordLurch View Post
    ...difficulty is high but not insane, and the AI is suitably aggressive.
    Redux is basically as tough as it gets in the MTW-universe, if there are anything made for MTW that can seriously match that kind of challenge-levels – it would be news to me. I am not aware of any such major project at this point, anyways. Obviously this circumstance is a double-edged sword. Some people (honestly) do like it tough and challenging, for them Redux is the way to go. However such traits might also work against Redux and “scare away” people who like and prefer things less tough going. There are other major stuff for MTW that will better answer to such tastes and preferences. The great thing here is that there are enough stuff these days to cater to all kinds of MTW-players - advanced/skilled, intermediate/average and beginners. Redux caters primarily to the “advanced/skilled” segment of players. XL and BKB for instance caters to the intermediate/average players. Raw MTW obviously answers best to the greenhorns and beginners while way too easy for skilled players etc etc. Each type of player can play whatever suits them and their capacity the best. Redux is not for all, it was never made with such intentions. If its too tough, play something else or just improve your skills... It don’t need to get any stranger then that...

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    ...I have a saved English campaign that crashes every single time (on all MTW versions) when I right-click Ireland. If you want to check it I can upload it somewhere.
    Unless you have actively changed or altered the files somehow yourself, its a corrupt save. Check the (current) buildings and units in Ireland. If there is nothing unusual there and there are functional GFX for all of it (available elsewhere in some other province), you have a text-book-specimen of a corrupt save. Roll back your saves is the only way to remedy it. Its a MTW-engine thing (not a Redux thing), as the engine was relatively poorly crafted in the first place - resulting in ridiculous frequency of corrupt saves - or that is how I would describe it anyways... The UT2004-engine, now that is as solid as it gets, a real shame MTW-engine did not have that kind of quality to it, or even half of that, as it was crafted. But I digress...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; January 23, 2016 at 05:39 PM. Reason: errata...

Indefinitely Banned

This mod is still going active and strong?

Yeah.... I try to make it happen, the best I can....

Obvioiusly, its is still a virtual 15 year old game here and the usual activity in this place are typically defined by and reflective of that reality. MTW is 14 years as of Aug/sept. Redux as a concept will turn 10 this year - as I began to work with that stuff by the end of 2006 (although it was not publicly released somehow until the summer of 2008). Time sure flies and I can happily and honestly say that Redux certainly has improved (much, very much) over the years, from 2011 and beyond. I'm sure others will agree on that as well. Anyhow, 2016 is here, and this year I will release the RXB1006 somehow. That is the general idea here... The short-short version is: I do work for MTW. I do it alone (as it is). I try to do it the best I can, and hopefully others will agree to that, and somehow also enjoy and respect the stuff I create. The more people posting, playing and being active here, babbling about Redux, the better I say. Groudons included...

BTW folks, I released a fix for all the trashed/transparent flags of RXB1005e, you guys can download it over here (see link). Any problems on that note, by all means post about it here (or there) if you like....

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...post2053680837

- A

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Unless you have actively changed or altered the files somehow yourself, its a corrupt save. Check the (current) buildings and units in Ireland. If there is nothing unusual there and there are functional GFX for all of it (available elsewhere in some other province), you have a text-book-specimen of a corrupt save. Roll back your saves is the only way to remedy it. Its a MTW-engine thing (not a Redux thing), as the engine was relatively poorly crafted in the first place - resulting in ridiculous frequency of corrupt saves - or that is how I would describe it anyways... The UT2004-engine, now that is as solid as it gets, a real shame MTW-engine did not have that kind of quality to it, or even half of that, as it was crafted. But I digress...
    Looks like you're right but it's strange. Sometimes after destroying one building crash now longer happens, other time (after reloading the same save) destroying two buildings doesn't help. Anyway, it's definitely MTW engine bug.

Always glad to help, Axalon. Thanks for the rep!

Sorry if I missed a link somewhere, but is there somewhere besides Gamefront to download this mod? It just won't work for me

Okay the mod is awesome and I love it. But is there a reason why it's so hard to raise stability so that people don't riot? Everytime I attack a new region, I can't move forward unless I build a ton of first to raise the stability or else they riot like mad. It makes it so that the game is very slow in regards to attacking
    Dear CA,

Please gives us the ability to fire by rank! Line one, line two, line three!

Hi all... I'll start with Grim Madder and his DL-problem...

Ever since the AtomicGamer-site shut down, I have had problems in finding a good and solid replacement for that site. Download-counters, size-limitations and other stuff have been a problem for me on all that ever since. Obviously, I am open for any tips on this stuff, should anyone have some. Gamefront have for some reason blocked certain countries, for reasons unknown to me. My own country included, so not even I could download anything there even if I wanted too. It certainly seems real dumb, as it is sure way to lose plenty of visitors, but there it stands all the same. Now, as I see it you basically got two alternatives (beyond Gamefront), and that without making various personal requests left and right...

A). Leviath have put up some separate uploads of Redux beta 1005 on his own, and its a complete set with all three released uploads. The links for that stash should be found over at the medieval steam-boards. The mods-thread, post 1, at the top. That is the only one place I know that should have all parts for RXB1005 besides Gamefront. You should be able to play Redux in no time after that (and you can thank the froggy frenchman for having the foresight of making those RX-uploads for folks just like yourself, over there). Personally, I am not active there as I don't use the steam-version myself, and I don't like the interface there much either...

B). You turn to the TWC vault and make a retrieval-request for RXB1005 and RXB1005VI. I don't think they got RX-Unipatch 2 (I could be wrong, I don't know). Obviously this will take a lot more time and all that jazz. Its nowhere as good alternative as the first one, I think. It should be used as last resort - the way it was also intended to be used...

Well that's all I have for you Madder... I'll be back for Busa and his question, shortly...

- A

I've uploaded RXB1005, RXB1005VI, RX Unipatch and Axalon's last "textures" patch to MEGA. That should solve most download problems:
    https://mega.nz/#!VNsTmTjQ!8rkGp04Fa...5OChZ31gy-wWFk
    Last edited by Bercor; February 09, 2016 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Hi all... I'll start with Grim Madder and his DL-problem...

Ever since the AtomicGamer-site shut down, I have had problems in finding a good and solid replacement for that site. Download-counters, size-limitations and other stuff have been a problem for me on all that ever since. Obviously, I am open for any tips on this stuff, should anyone have some. Gamefront have for some reason blocked certain countries, for reasons unknown to me. My own country included, so not even I could download anything there even if I wanted too. It certainly seems real dumb, as it is sure way to lose plenty of visitors, but there it stands all the same. Now, as I see it you basically got two alternatives (beyond Gamefront), and that without making various personal requests left and right...

A). Leviath have put up some separate uploads of Redux beta 1005 on his own, and its a complete set with all three released uploads. The links for that stash should be found over at the medieval steam-boards. The mods-thread, post 1, at the top. That is the only one place I know that should have all parts for RXB1005 besides Gamefront. You should be able to play Redux in no time after that (and you can thank the froggy frenchman for having the foresight of making those RX-uploads for folks just like yourself, over there). Personally, I am not active there as I don't use the steam-version myself, and I don't like the interface there much either...

B). You turn to the TWC vault and make a retrieval-request for RXB1005 and RXB1005VI. I don't think they got RX-Unipatch 2 (I could be wrong, I don't know). Obviously this will take a lot more time and all that jazz. Its nowhere as good alternative as the first one, I think. It should be used as last resort - the way it was also intended to be used...

Well that's all I have for you Madder... I'll be back for Busa and his question, shortly...

- A
    it's okay i dont mind. your mod is awesome! i love the non classic campaign mode u made!
    Dear CA,

Please gives us the ability to fire by rank! Line one, line two, line three!

Hello again and my thanks to Bercor for the extra upload. And as promised, lets
    have a look at Busa’s previous question, to which this post will be dedicated...

Quote Originally Posted by busa View Post
    ...is there a reason why it's so hard to raise stability so that people don't riot? Everytime I attack a new region, I can't move forward unless I build a ton of first to raise the stability or else they riot like mad.
    Well, yes.... There sure is... Much in the same way, any faction would freak out if you conquered, what they considered to be “their” territory. They get hostile and declare war on you. And provinces are just like that too, unless there are A). a big fat garrison to frighten them to submission, B). plenty of installations that increase and ensure high stability within the province, C). a loyal and powerful spy operating in the area, D). the local tax-rates are real popular, E). a potential combo somehow, of A-D...

If the stability is really high in a province, the “people” within that province will barely care that you conquer their land or not. For them its basically “business as usual”, as long as you keep the existing and local infrastructure intact. But getting such high stability will take plenty of cash and time, unless it is already there to begin with. Castles and such help to increase stability somewhat too, a bit anyways. Also having none or almost no installations (that generates stability) in a province will obviously result in increased levels of disorder or lack of respect for your rule... "People" will thus rebel and rule themselves instead, which always is supposedly “better” as far as the game-mechanics goes...

There are also some areas, that are more unruly and wilder then others, no matter what. Such provinces can be a lot harder to keep loyal and maintain orderly. The worst of these are Khazar, Crimea, Mauritania. Other extra unruly areas are Scotland, Serbia, Arabia, Sinai, Sivas, Norway, Finland, Leon, Ireland and bunch of others. Some few provinces are extra peaceful, but only Constantinople hold that status in default Redux-designs. Rich provinces are typically more peaceful then poor ones...

Quote Originally Posted by busa View Post
    It makes it so that the game is very slow in regards to attacking
    Actually no... Not really... You can attack as much as you want, whenever you want in Redux. What is much more problematic here is to hold on to whatever land you conquered - that’s the difficult part, and it is that which slows you down and makes it a lot harder to continue attacking from newly won/taken territory. The RX-mechanics basically forces you to slow down and consolidate after you taken a few provinces (maybe even just one), and then to build up and make preparations for another attack later on. Much in the same way it has been time and time again in history. The WW2 battle for North Africa ’40-43 is textbook of such expansion followed by consolidation, expansion, then consolidation, back and forth. In Soviet Russia one can find additional obvious examples of the same. Even the greatest Soviet offensives in ’44-45 was limited in territorial gains/advance somehow and was then consolidated. Every time... Basically, an offensive “run out of steam” at an ever increasing rate the more territory it has to secure and control as it advances. Its a seemingly natural circumstance in war. That circumstance is also somehow reflected in the Redux-designs and in the experiences it provides, much in contrast to the raw game.

I mean, long before Redux was created, one of the most common and frequent criticisms of raw MTW is the trait of allowing players to “steamroll” over the map once a certain stage was reached. The effect being that players could “Blitz” back and forth across the map, at will, as the AI simply could neither compete or keep up with that. The very same was later said of XL as well, and with similar frequency. It was clear to many of us, that this was a major and standing problem in the MTW-experience, raw game or otherwise. Typically, once you reached certain phase - the game, the challenge and the excitement was soon gone, and what remained was sequences of steamrolling paired with ever fading levels of excitement and entertainment (for the player). Over the years, tons of people tried tons of ways to combat this problem somehow. Everything from creating and using major mods down to weird or ridiculous house-rules - you name it, they tried it. Its from that background I decided pretty early on that “I will strive to make Redux anti-blitz-friendly. If people still try blitzing in the same old way in Redux, it should preferably backfire on them, and teach them the value of making serious preparations and planning, before attacking anything, anywhere”... Something like that. And it is from that kind of attitude that I have continually designed, and re-designed, these things in Redux, eventually ending up with the results we now got in RXB1005 (regarding such stuff).

Alright... Thoughts on all this, maybe other questions or something else, fire away folks...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; February 10, 2016 at 04:54 PM. Reason: errata!

hi guys! Tell me please where i can find discription of factions (before starting campaing). I need description of Sicily Aragon etc. These factions are blocked and i can read only "For this fraction it is impossible to play this period" Or can you give me saves that will unblocked these factions help please.

Indefinitely Banned

I just like to ask is it hard to mod the original Medieval Total War?

claymore833's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoise Groudon View Post
    I just like to ask is it hard to mod the original Medieval Total War?
    This is hard to answer, depend on what do you think of 'hard to mod'...

Generally speaking, MTW is widely modable, I don't think it is much more difficult to mod than RTW or M2TW IMO. But its engine still has some limitations, here is an hardcoded list of MTW modding: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...dcoded-list%21

BTW, making unit icons is possible, but pretty complex IMO.
    Last edited by claymore833; February 19, 2016 at 08:06 PM.
    The Pike & Musket mod is active again in 2016, check the PMTW Sub Forum now!

Quote Originally Posted by claymore833 View Post
    This is hard to answer, depend on what do you of 'hard'...

MTW is widely modable, but its engine still has some limitations, here is an hardcoded list of MTW modding: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...dcoded-list%21
    and, making unit icons is possible, but pretty complex IMO.
    Complex? How? You mean adding factions coloring?

claymore833's Avatar Civis

Yup, drawing or modifying an icon would not be too difficult but you need many tools and a complex progress to convert the icon you made to make sure the faction colour works correctly in game. That's why I abandon making MTW style of icon and turn into PMTW style's.
    The Pike & Musket mod is active again in 2016, check the PMTW Sub Forum now!