Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Hi Kerdied...

In general, its a shame that Atomic is not around anymore (it was totally unexpected for me). Atomic always were dependable and I like 'em for that very trait (and that is the main reason Redux became so dependent on Atomic over the years). In terms of Redux... You folks will have too make due with the Gamefront-uploads for the time being, see post 1 for links (unless a third party make some uploads of RXB1005 somewhere - I am ok with that - then you can obviously get it that way). Once I release RXB1006, I will somehow find a new place/site/host for regular Redux uploads. BTW, any recommendations of such potential places are very welcome here - however there must be functional download-counters included, regardless of anything. Also, the fewer limitations a place/host have the better...

- A

I have always seen this mod around... But never really gave it a chance.

I am downloading it now...

Good games to all.

-iLeeT_PeeP
    Interesting Fact?
    Only the emperor or triumphant generals could wear all purple, anybody else doing so would be killed.

Sword, Spear, and Shield Mini Mod Version 2.8

by iLeeT_PeeP

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

I am still angry! Becos I really wanna play this mod.

History without The Turks, what a bull....

Sverige, can you hear me? King Charles XII is feeling uneasy nowadays. Do you know what i mean? So you must do somethings.

Edit: Btw 666th post lol

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Good Morning,
    Hello Axalon. Just dropping by to tell you how awesome your mod is. I tried it about a year or two ago, just to see what is was like, and got sucked into a 200-turn Byzantine campaign almost instantly. It truely makes MTW feel like a new game.
    I'd also like to ask you if the latest version of Redux is compatible with the latest patch for the Steam version of MTW (the one released on 10/7). I'm pretty sure it is (the update was really just a fix for various crash bugs), but I know how tempramental these things can be, so I just thought I'd see if you (or anyone else here) has tried it yet and can tell me if there are any issues.
    -LordLurch

Has anyone had recent trouble running MTW on Windows 7? It stopped working a few weeks ago. We had a similar problem with software at work and they had us uninstall one of the later updates. I removed the last 10 or so updates and now it works fine. You'll know it's the update if windows starts asking you to run as administrator.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by JimboMTW View Post
    Has anyone had recent trouble running MTW on Windows 7? It stopped working a few weeks ago. We had a similar problem with software at work and they had us uninstall one of the later updates. I removed the last 10 or so updates and now it works fine. You'll know it's the update if windows starts asking you to run as administrator.
    It is due to a Windows security update. It is outlined in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...er-work-at-all

Hi all and thanks for posting guys...

Nizam, did I ever tell you to do a sub-mod? Well, if not, I do so now... Do a submod for Redux and make it all happen - include Turkey somehow in the Redux game. As with every request to include this or that faction (or simply "moar" factions) - I usually say make happen yourself, because I probably won't. After all, it kills my overriding compatibility-goals and also the designs I created within the existing limits of the V.1.1-engine and what it allows. There is no significant problem in doing it on the V.2.01-engine, so... Feel free to do a sub-mod on that version, whenever ready. If it is done solid and good, I'll be happy to endorse it.

Thanks Lurch... As for your question, I am not a willing steam-user in general, and does not use it for MTW what so ever - so I could not help you here even if I want too. If you are lucky, maybe somebody else who actually use steam - and Redux - will post up their experiences here for you, or just try it yourself and see what happens.

Thanks also to Frunk, for the heads up on the KB3086255-update on W7. If all you say are true, then it would be easy to just remove that specific update to solve the mentioned and outlined problem. After all, as it is now identified, the problems should disappear, once the update is removed... For more info on this stuff, see Frunks own post, as linked (by him).

Regarding W7 on general terms... Redux runs very well on W7, that has been my experience all the way (this regardless of the drivers I used). On Gold/VI/v.2.01 Redux is much more stable then the raw game - no contest. This on all non-steam versions at least. If for some reason Redux does not run properly, then it is typically a matter of screwed up installs, poor drivers or plain incompatible hardware (many Nvidia-cards for instance).

Anything else folks, fire away...

- A

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Wtf. Are there no Turks in this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon
    Well quite obviously they have been removed along with the Swiss, Sicilians, Novgorods, Golden Horde and Denmark. I did redesign the game all over and this is one of the results of all that.
    - A

Thanks Axalon. Given that the population of people who regularly visit this part of the forums is pretty low, I think I'll (eventually) take my chances and try it myself. When and if I do, I will post what I find here.

Alright Lurch, post up your findings as you find 'em.... In the meantime....

Redux news...

During October 2015, the RXB1005 (any kind), broke the 2000-downloads milestone marker (previously it had 1050 downloads at AtomicGamer, before the shut down + some 980 downloads at Gamefront. As I write this) - this some 14 months after official release - making it the most downloaded modern Redux-version to date. No previous modern version of Redux has ever done that before it. Previously, both RXB1003 and 1004 managed to break the 1000 downloads barrier (the RXB1003 was in service/circulation for roughly 18 months before it was replaced, and the RXB1004 was in service less then a year). Overall, it still amazes me personally that this virtual "underground"-mod can still gather that much attention and players for something is based on a 13 year old combat/command-simulator-game. Well, I am not complaining. Do enjoy MTW-Redux folks, after all that primarily was (and still is) the point of me making it a public release in the first place.

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; November 05, 2015 at 04:51 AM. Reason: details

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Well done. I do admire your commitment.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Recognition for this kind of arcane stuff are typically scarce - this for several reasons - many are obvious, even to me.
    All the same, even a short post like yours can - and usually do - mean a lot to people/modders on the receiving end -
    this applies to me too. Anyhow, thanks man... I appreciate it all the way.

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; November 14, 2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: kurtz bitte!

Good Evening,
    Just writing to say that you might need to take a rain check on my "investigation" of how Redux peforms with the latest Steam version. Unfortunately, a combination of schoolwork and a newly-acquired Hearts of Iron addiction mean I might be inactive for quite sometime. Regardless, I will still make a full report when I do finally get around to playing.
    -LordLurch

Well, it can end up like that sometimes. By all means post up your stuff whenever your travels/gaming take you back to reduxian territories/adventures again. Until then, the rest of us (or at least I) will try to hold the fort here...

- A

A Merry Christmas from the golden towers of "castle Redux" to all the players who soldier on with RXB1005 (any version).
    In 2016, I will probably release the RXB1006.... Better then ever, of course!

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; December 23, 2015 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Grammar!

Good Evening,
    I've finished my preliminary report on Redux with the Steam version of MTW. Played a few "quick battles", and about 35 turns of an English campaign (just campaign, no battles). No evidence of crashing or instability, difficulty is high but not insane, and the AI is suitably aggressive. The only issues I've noticed are either ones that have probably existed since the original game (AI players leaving units near areas that thay are also bomarding with artillery, etc.), and minor UI glitches. Pictures will follow if I get the chance, but at this point I feel that I can safely say that Redux is pretty much 100% compatible with the Steam version of MTW. Awesome mod!
    -LordLurch

Quote Originally Posted by LordLurch View Post
    I can safely say that Redux is pretty much 100% compatible with the Steam version of MTW.
    All mods keep the same level of compatibility with Steam version as they are with previous versions. The only difference in Steam version is renewed graphic engine. If vanilla works for you, so the mods. The problem is that new engine brings their own bugs which previous versions don't have. Steam version can crash in some situations when older versions don't. It's not the straight upgrade.

btw @Axalon, I have a saved English campaign that crashes every single time (on all MTW versions) when I right-click Ireland. If you want to check it I can upload it somewhere.

Good Evening,
    I have screenshots! Unfortunately, I have no idea how to upload them. Can someone help me out? I know that this probably off-topic, but I have no idea where to go for help.
    (P.S. I am tlaking about uploading pictures directly from my computer to this site, not about linking to pictures on another site).

Click "Go advanced" and then the icon showed in the screenshot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obraz 1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	333939