Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Hi Narn,

My guess is that this is a VI-only bug (as I have not seen anything like it on V.1.1, so far), that is, if it is a bug at all... I will of course investigate it (when time allows). On general terms, one must be able to recreate the error on different machines/rigs for it to be counted as a confirmed bug, and if that happens successfully, I will then credit you for spotting it (and any others that do the same on new ones). But first things first, ANY further and additional info you can provide on this, will unquestionably speed up the overall process of finding out - and fixing it.

• What MTW-version are you using/running? V.1.1 or V.2.01?
    • With what factions are this error occurring?
    • ALL other potentially useful/relevant information to this particular anomaly, whatever it can be - will be helpful and speed up the entire process of finding and fixing it.

Post all such stuff and make it a bit easier for me (or anybody) to begin locate and fixing it - also know that posting more is always better then less in regards to bugs and all such things. Finally, all Redux-players are totally welcome to help out and provide info on this anomaly (or any other) if they too have encountered it. Ill take any info I can get on this...

- A

For general reference....

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon
    When reporting bugs:

• Always remember to check that your game is fully updated and running on optimal status…
    • Always remember to state what redux version you are running is it v.1.1 or VI/v.2.01?
    • Always remember to state upon what version is running upon. Is it original MTW/VI/ Gold/Era-Edition?
    • Always remember to state if you got several installs of different versions of MTW.
    • Always remember to state exactly where the bug is located or the circumstances that make it appear…
    • Always remember to give an extensive description of the anomaly, bug or error. That way; chances are a lot greater that we actually identify it and thus can find some possible solutions for it.
    • Always remember to cross-check if it might be a corrupted-save, the info on that is available here.
    • Always consult the “known bugs” section in the redux “ReadMe”-file or the list here below before you try to report in a bug…

Hello again Narn,

Alright I have checked all relevant files and entries that could possibly generate such an error - as you describe it - this in the V.1.1-fileset for RXB1005, and the V.2.01-fileset and the RXB1005 unipatch files for both... Now, none of these files show any signs of disorder, errors or anything – they are all in good order on this very stuff. In fact they are unaltered from the raw game in this regard which in turn basically guarantees that they will work just as fine as the original files would do on this note...

I have also at this point given you a full week to respond and forward any info as to further validate and support your observation/case on this stuff. However, no such information has been forwarded by you - or anybody else - on this stuff, this of any kind... So, I am basically left with only one alternative that could still possibly explain all this somehow. That would be you (most likely) using a V.2.01-engine for Redux and that you have been using (unintentionally) a corrupt save that generated all this stuff in the first place....

Corrupt saves are relatively common, especially on V.2.01-engines, and especially from saving ahead of battles that is just about to get resolved (by the player). The V.1.1 has less problems with corrupt saves BUT it has other problems that plagues it in other ways... Neither engine is crafted very well (it leaves plenty to be desired actually, and that reveals some degree of incompetence on CA part, that in ways we rather could do without. Compare with a masterpiece-engine like the one used for UT2004 and the difference is just gigantic and ridiculous) in terms of reliability and stability and the end-result are just stuff like this among other things...

Ergo, I see little alternative but to dismiss your claim on this being a potential bug, sorry... The best explanation I can think of - as I look upon the evidence available to me - is that this is an error generated by the engine (utterly regardless of Redux) due to the (accidental) usage of a corrupt save on your part...

Sorry, but there you have it...

- A

Quote Originally Posted by Narn View Post
    hi trying this mod for the first time and wondering if something went wrong. playing as poland i noticed on 2 separate occasions i offered an alliance to someone and it says they politely decline but when i look at the alliance screen it says they are my allies.
    How are you proposing the alliance? With a princess, or an emissary? If the former, is it possible you are already allied? I've noticed in my games that factions with whom you are already allied will frequently reject offers of marriage, while yet remaining allied to you. Is it possible you just missed something? Of course, Axalon has been a busy bee dutifully combing through the files. Hope it hasn't been a total waste of time, Ax.

On an unrelated note, when I get some free time (which is rare these days), I've been enjoying a campaign as Poland, and getting close to the crucial year 1230-1231, when the Lithuanian(?) horde will arise. I've kept them alive thus far as an experiment. What should I expect?

UPDATE: Whelp, I played well beyond 1230 without anything happening with Lithuania/Golden Horde. Is it possible that I needed to eliminate the Lithuanian faction to get the horde in the East? I really wanted them to appear and shake things up in my campaign.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; April 18, 2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Hello again Narn,

That would be you (most likely) using a V.2.01-engine for Redux and that you have been using (unintentionally) a corrupt save that generated all this stuff in the first place....

Corrupt saves are relatively common, especially on V.2.01-engines, and especially from saving ahead of battles that is just about to get resolved (by the player). The V.1.1 has less problems with corrupt saves BUT it has other problems that plagues it in other ways... Neither engine is crafted very well (it leaves plenty to be desired actually, and that reveals some degree of incompetence on CA part, that in ways we rather could do without. Compare with a masterpiece-engine like the one used for UT2004 and the difference is just gigantic and ridiculous) in terms of reliability and stability and the end-result are just stuff like this among other things...

Ergo, I see little alternative but to dismiss your claim on this being a potential bug, sorry... The best explanation I can think of - as I look upon the evidence available to me - is that this is an error generated by the engine (utterly regardless of Redux) due to the (accidental) usage of a corrupt save on your part...

Sorry, but there you have it...

- A
    Hi Axalon, thank you so much for investigating this for me!

I suspect you might just be right that its a possible corrupt save. You are quite right I am using the 2.01 engine and was saving prior to each battle. somewhere along the way my save game might well have become corrupted. it's good you mentioned this 'save before battle possible bug' because since then in testing with several new games i totally avoided saving before a battle and this problem i encountered has since ceased to appear. tried with several different factions and it simply hasnt come back since and the mod seems to be acting completely normally without any further quirks.

Again i thank you for taking the time to investigate this. i hope it hasnt taken too much time away from your further developments of this excellent mod

Hi guys and thanks for posting here....

I’ll reply to Narn first...

Its great to hear that this matter seems to be resolved... As for the wasted time and all that jazz... Well, if we look at it from a designer/modder-perspective there is not much alternative to that circumstance. I’ll use myself as an example to illustrate what I mean...

Now, I am constantly responsible for the stuff I release to the public, and clearly my reputation as a modder/designer (if any) will totally depend on it - as a result I have little choice but always strive to have that release X - whatever it was - working just as advertised, and as originally intended. After all, it is the only serious alternative available here for any supposed modder/designer worth their salt... In that light, we have little choice but to take any potential bugs and errors (very) seriously, and this whenever they come up. Its either that or our reputation, as any kind of serious modder/designer, will soon be wasted/ruined (and that will of course also reflect negatively on ALL our releases, eventually)... So, not much choice is there to be had, now is there? The time-wastage - due to investigating or managing any potential bugs and errors - comes with the territory, and it can’t be helped, as the alternative is clearly worse if we want to continue as serious modders/designers. Its a constant side-effect for taking such stuff seriously - and - the overall circumstance clearly place some degree of responsibility on the spotter/claimer and what they report in, that much is clear as well...

I could go on and on about this stuff but it probably can be boiled down to this... You have too do something in order to also get/gain something in return - zero input, yields zero output/gain... The easy way here is to do zilch, and post nothing - this for all of us... And it has always been like that... And there are a lot folks that does that - zilch - and many of these folks do play Redux too... But, had we all done nothing, then there would be no Redux at all, or anything else here, save raw MTW perhaps, and that as the only alternative... That sucks, so here I am doing my part as to avoid that prospect... Something along those lines... Anyhow, do enjoy Redux and feel free to post any other RX-related stuff here at your discretion...

Hi Cyprian, as ever I welcome your input/posts here, whatever it may be (or over at that other site - the one that is becoming increasingly irrelevant and stagnant much due to the utterly screwed up administration there)... Anyhow, Lithuanians... Hmmm... I guess the you have proved that trigger only works/happens if the faction – the lithuanians - are totally eliminated before 1230 (or there about)... Once they are... You will/should then get the following message:

"The Lithuanians have allied themselves to a new and powerful force in the east; it is known as the Golden Horde. It is rumoured that the horde dominates all land to legendary Cathay; with such an ally the Lithuanians have found a renewed strength."
    And after that, a serious force of Lithuanians (measured in the thousands, as usual) emerge in Khazar or some other such eastward province. Something like that...

On another note... I have discovered another two and nominal bugs/errors in the RXB1005/1005c...

• Norse Warriors have the wrong swords in battle, they have regular swords when they should use the Norse/nordic/barbaric-styled ones... Compare with Slavic Warriors on battle-mode to see the difference I am talking about here... Regardless, it will be fixed and that in some later release...
    • While doing solo-battles... Selecting the Orleans battle-map will result in that the castle is not placed... Supposedly due to excess in memory-usage due to other and bigger textures used in RX that somehow exceeds supposedly acceptable levels memory-usage (as I understand it). I have zero clue what texture that causes the problem here, and honestly, the entire problem is so small in nature that I will not bother working on this any time soon, if ever... I mean it was just blind luck that I spotted this stuff in the first place...

Anything else (other errors/bugs) in the RXB1005?

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; April 22, 2015 at 06:10 PM. Reason: update...

Dear Axalon, is there anyway to make MTW and the Redux compatible with windows 8 ?

Hi MTWfan1990,

As I have said in a bunch of previous posts... I do not have, or use W8 and so my supposed knowledge on that are probably as good as that reality allows (not very good)...
    Furthermore, Redux does not officially support W8...

That said, I can brainstorm/babble some on this stuff - but treat it accordingly... Anyhow, I think you should try - at all costs – to find any alternatives to W8 if at all possible. It is basically the worst possible OS (to date) for running MTW/Redux successfully – as I understand it. By sticking to that OS you are in fact making this as hard as possible to successfully run MTW/Redux without fuss... Therefore, I would use/build/buy another (legacy-) rig and install/use another OS upon that, and play Redux and other stuff on that, and that way save yourself a ton of time, problems and headaches. It will probably be better in the long run anyway...

Basically, forget about W8 and use W7/XP/W2k instead (32/64bit, should not matter) if you want to play Redux. That should work with little problems. Redux and W7 work very well together in my experience... I would go for that instead...

Insisting upon using W8 on Redux means that I can not really help you, it is obviously beyond my powers, so to speak. I would imagine, your last hope is then to install Redux (as it probably still increase your chances of success anyways), and follow the instructions/suggestions closely of the MTW W8.1-thread (you will find it in this section. Please, keep in mind that this W8-thread is not a “please help me with my W8-problem”-thread, it is about sharing and presenting solutions and trix on getting W8 to run MTW. It is not about personal tech-help, please respect that... In fact Eras tech-help is located outside this entire section. That said, Roys posts there are probably the most interesting and relevant ones.

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; April 23, 2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: lalala...

Redux news...

Previously this month (april) the RXB1005 hit the 1000+ downloads marker, which means it has managed to achieve similar levels of success to that of the RXB1003 and RXB1004 before it. Typically, I consider any release (Redux or otherwise) that does manage to go north of 500+ downloads to be a success far and well beyond rational expectations - that for any material - but especially so for all stuff that does depend on/apply to ancient/old games - such as MTW for instance... Basically, its a brilliant success beyond my expectations with the RXB1005, but also for Redux in general, obviously I am very happy about all this stuff...

Another update for the RXB1005 is planned for public release in 2015... Currently I am working on compiling materials intended to for release somehow as the “unipatch 2” and I have done that for quite some time. I thus can confirm that there will be another update for the RXB1005. Unipatch 2 will include everything from the previous unipatch and it will also be save-game compatible (only some few nominal potential anomalies, if any, using previous saves). Obviously it will also be designated differently as “RXB1005d” or something higher for easy distinction. And the release of “unipatch 2” will definitely be sometime this year, but I am actually hoping for an early release - possibly even as early as sometime in May – that is, if all goes well... It is too soon to tell for sure or make any big promises on that, but I’m hoping for the best, and would be thrilled to see it happen... Anyhow, unipatch 2 will obviously introduce a bunch of additional updates, changes, fixes and various GFX-improvements to the RXB1005, and so far that means...

• New GFX for England (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Byzantium (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Saracens (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Moors (shields/flag)...
    • Improved castle-flag for France...
    • New separate unitpics on “woodsmen”, distinct for catholic-, orthodox- or pagan-cultures...
    • New unitpic for the “Imperial Guard”-unit (HRE)...
    • New and improved picture-set for “orthodox churches”...
    • Fixing the “Grand pagan idol” error...
    • Fixing the “Dismounted Nobles” error...
    • Fixing the “Norse Axemen” error...
    • “Norse Warriors” will become “Norse Nobles”, and reduced to 20 men units and better stats... I think it will probably result in a better game- and faction-balance this way (and it corresponds better to what I originally had in mind for the Norse as a faction-experience and the circumstances they should have). Also, these new guys will get the correct swords as was intended ever since RXB1004 or something along those lines... Previously they used the regular swords i battle when they should have used the barbarian/norse styled ones....
    • ???

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; May 19, 2015 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Errata...

Tried it out - looks absolutely beautiful, great work on the maps and such. However, I can't deal with concepts like "The Germans" or "The English" as a unified faction in 700 anymore - but I understand this is a beta, and a work in progress - eventually yöu'll have historical factions and period feeling, and then it'll be really great. Appreciate the work you're putting into it.

Hi Glabro and thanks for posting...

Short version:
    ----------------------------------------
    Increased degrees of historicity in Redux is unlikly as is - however you can change that, if you will work for it... What did you have in mind?

Long version:
    ----------------------------------------
    I have commented on historicity and Redux many times in the past. It basically boils down to the limitations of the MTW-engine and the level of historicity it affords/enables. The way I see it, the engine is nowhere close to allow/enable any meaningful levels of historicity/historical accuracy and so why even bother? Instead I embrace the fact that I cant have any historical accuracy to any meaningfull levels (as I see it) and thus I dive wholehartedly into the realm of stylized unbothered fiction instead. This makes Redux stand out from all other major medieval-themed works made for MTW, as all the other works, much in contrast to Rediux, actually aims for historicity and historical accuracy instead. My approach and general attitude for Redux is thus obviously different and I explain it in section 6 in “Redux_ReadMe1005” as I write...

Redux has no intentions of being “historically accurate” – it
    deals in anachronisms and romanticized fiction and does not try
    to hide that. It is focused on providing a fun and interesting
    game - regardless of history. It may very well still have been
    inspired by parts of history here and there but little else.
    Ironically this has in some cases still ended up being more
    “accurate” then the original game all the same (in case that
    matters for some). Anyhow, it’s a PC game, and if it’s cool and
    fun to play, who cares...
    Another time... In the old 2nd edition RX-ReadMe, I wrote...

The MTW-Redux single player campaign is quite different from
    those campaigns available in the original game. Historical
    accuracy (if there ever was one) has in general given way for what
    seems cool and fun to play. The standard campaigns era progression
    has been abolished; instead there is a fixed and ever steady almost
    “gunpowder free” anachronism in their place. Nearly everything is
    wrong in a strict historical sense, but on the other hand how can
    it be anything else? It’s a PC game, and if it’s cool and fun to
    play, who cares! The “redux age” is the sort of thing you find in
    movies and comic books, shameless fiction. A romanticised and
    utterly designed era, inspired by actual and various periods mixed
    into a gorgeous anachronism.
    I also written a bunch of posts over the years on the subject, but I think you alreade get the general idea. Obviously, I will do little to increase levels of historicity as I dont believe in it due to engine-limitations... However, this does not mean that people like yourself cant create a submod or a campaign-scenario that is “historical” for Redux – the “RX-historica”-campaign or whatever. I honestly see little reason why that could not happen, as long as you (and likeminded folks) are willing to put in the work it takes to make it happen. As long as it is Redux-exclusive - I will probably have little objections or problems with it. The basic platform that is Redux, are in most regards superior to the raw game - use it. If you think Redux lacks a historical/period feel - and will be better with that - then remedy it! Set up a scenario/campaign or create a submod for it - just make sure it it is Redux-exclusive so you can draw from everything that it brings (it is highly unlikly you will ever get access to any of that stuff otherwise).

If you want it, you make it happen...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; May 19, 2015 at 06:13 PM. Reason: better...

That's an acceptable but disappointing answer - you get period flavor simply by adding factions, calling them their historical names, and assigning areas accordingly. Their unit lists can be the same as the "master" culture they come from in your current faction pool, so you can get away with it even without adding units if you don't want to.
    I'm sure that as you get more publicity for Redux (hopefully) these submods will naturally pop up. At the moment, however, my main attention Total War-wise are multiplayer campaigns, and single player is more of a sideshow. I figured that Redux might make for a more interesting, challenging sideshow than say Napoleon Total War (playing NTWIII, might even want to try NTWI, the mod for MTW!).

Unfortunately, I can't dedicate to a lengthy modding process at the moment (I have more projects than I can remember halfway done RPG, board game design, strategy and tactical miniature gaming wise!).

What I'm looking for, in a nutshell, is simply a bigger map with more regions and independent factions. Somewhere between the level of detail of, for example, the Viking Invasion campaign (year 790 I believe?).

A quick & dirty faction wishlist for the year 700 - I assume the faction limit is 37+rebels (20 originally, and XL adds 17, and is at the cap):

Franks (/France): The superpower of Europe (Franconia, Lorraine, Flanders, Ricardy, Normandy, Champagne, Ile de France, Anjou, Burgundy, Provence, Swabia)
    Visigoths (/Spanish): The whole of Iberia + Toulouse. Should be somehow weak despite its size.
    Saxons (Wessex + Saxony)
    Angles (Denmark, Mercia, Northumbria)
    Vikings: Norway & Sweden

...and so on. I ran out of time, but here's a handy map:
    Last edited by Glabro; May 14, 2015 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glabro View Post
    That's an acceptable but disappointing answer - you get period flavor simply by adding factions, calling them their historical names, and assigning areas accordingly. Their unit lists can be the same as the "master" culture they come from in your current faction pool, so you can get away with it even without adding units if you don't want to.
    At some point, maybe in the last year or so, there was someone making a submod adding many factions. I can't remember who, but I'll dig around...

Overall, I think it's a great idea to capitalize on the "dark ages" feel that Redux offers. I also like the idea of adding factions -- essentially clone factions -- that would duke it out in each part of the world (e.g. one would eventually dominate in Scandinavia, Italy, etc.), before going to war as larger "empires." I don't think it is difficult to add "clone" factions to MTW, just a fair bit of tinkering with the right files. There are plenty of tutorials around -- especially at totalwar.org -- that a beginner could use. Now that Axalon has given a thumbs-up for a Redux-based submod, I think it would be a worthwhile undertaking. Also, I like your faction list!

Axalon: I'm very much looking forward to the next uni-patch. I have some interesting developments to share from my Polish campaign and will be doing so shortly.

Hi guys and thanks for posting...

Well Glabro... Your post has “sub-mod” written all over it! I can already reveal that the only way this will ever happen is if somebody - other then me - will do it, and all of it, team or single person matter not much to me... As long as it is a sub-mod for Redux, I wont have much objections on it... It certainly is possible to do that kind of thing...

The best I am willing to do, is to let any sufficiently history-crazed Redux player draft/draw up an optional RX-“historicity“ campaign that is supposedly explicitly gered towards increased levels of historical accuracy for single player campaign - as much as my terms will allow. My terms for such a scenario will be something like...

• You may not add factions, but you can remove them.
    • You may not introduce new troops, agents or buildings.
    • You may not change the camp-map from its current format (borders, provinces etc.).
    • You may not change titles, or their bonuses...
    • You may re-distribute lands, troops and tech, as you please...
    • You may set any startingpoint you like, one by you deemed sufficiently historical in regards to the existing factions of your selection.
    • Your scenario must be/allow at least 300 turns/years (like 960 AD to1260 AD, for instance)... And max 600 turns/years...
    • You may work freely with a startpos-copy, but nothing else.

If anybody manage to post up a solid, good and serious enough scenario, I can probably include it on trial, if it works out really well, it stays indefinitely... The “winner” will obviously recive full credits for his/her work, thus being immortailzed in the dusty annals of Redux. Alright, the challenge is there, now it is up to you guys to make that “historical thing” happen in Redux. If you want historicity, now is the time to act...

I’ll refer to this post henceforth... Nobody can ever again say that I did not give any of you “history-nuts” a shot at this, whoever you are (obviously this challenge include you too Glabro)....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    Axalon: I'm very much looking forward to the next uni-patch. I have some interesting developments to share from my Polish campaign and will be doing so shortly.
    Your interest here is always appreciated Cyp.... As soon a I can find the time to sit down and properly pack it (unipatch 2) into a presentable package, it should soon after “hit distribution”. I hope it to be sooner rather then later, as I totally prefer to have people out there on the same (or close to the) versions as I am using.... Anyhow, Poland huh? Same campaign as before, right? Well, post up some screens and lets have a look at what you are up to... This place can always use "moar" screens (preferably 800x600)! People love screens and always screams for more, and I kind of like em too...

Anything else, post away folks.... Yup, you too... Still reading? Then it probably means you as well...

- A

Alright, some Redux news... Today "unipatch 2" for RXB1005 is released...

This second universal patch for Redux is valid for all 1005-versions, and what does is to update RXB1005/1005c up to RXB1005e. As such it updates several minor things and corrects a number of minor errors in previous 1005-releases, regardless the kind. The "unipatch" should be fully save-game compatible and it makes several small changes to the game. Furthermore it corrects detected errors, bugs and typos, including all and everything of the unipatch1 fixes as well. It is important that you select/use/apply ONLY the stuff from the folder that corresponds to the MTW-version you are using. If you do that, there will be no problems with this patch and Redux will update just fine upon install (using standard method of copy, paste and replace in game-directory). Enjoy...

Patch Name: RXB-Unipatch 1005e
    Patch Version: 1005e
    Language: English
    Terms of Use: P.U.O, Personal Use Only (restricted material).
    Size: Zipped 2.34MB/Uncompressed 5.74MB
    Compatibility: RXB1005 versions only (all versions).
    Operating System: 2000/XP/W7 (Vista/W8 unconfirmed)
    Hardware: -
    Description: see above...
    Credits: Axalon all over...
    Except 2 errors/bugs found by Stazi.
    (The dismounted nobles and grand pagan idol-stuff)
    Download Links:

Download zip-version: (primary)
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/109...unipatch-1005e

Download rar-version: (reserve)
    Pending...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CHANGES & UPDATES:
    • New GFX for England (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Byzantium (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Saracens (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Moors (shields/flag)...
    • Improved castle-flag for France...
    • New separate unitpics on “woodsmen”, distinct for catholic-, orthodox- or pagan-cultures...
    • Papacy get access to Light Halberdiers, Halberdiers and Heavy Halberdiers...
    • Raider Horse Archers cut to 60 men units (at default)...
    • Norse Spearmen enabled at spearmaker Lvl 2...
    • Norse Nobles enabled at Swordsmith Lvl 2...
    • Norse Cavalry changed to 20 men units (at default)...
    • RX-classic campaign updated on Norse Nobles...
    • Increased hitpoints on Large castle walls to 4000p (previously 2500p. Original MTW 1500p).
    • Increased hitpoints on Small castle walls to 3000p (previously 2000p. Original MTW 1000p).
    • All naptha units can damage castles, walls, towers and gates (this is a side-effect of their increased damage. It is not really intentional on my part).
    • Orthodox church infopics updated... (Both)...
    • Time to build basic forts increased to 6 turns...
    • New Royal Spearmen infopic...
    • New Imperial Guard infopic...
    • Norse Nobles replace the “Norse Warriors” units, and are reduced to 20 men units and better stats. I think it will probably result in a better game- and faction-balance this way (and it corresponds better to what I originally had in mind for the Norse as a faction-experience and the circumstances they should have). Also, these new guys will get the correct swords as was intended ever since RXB1004 or something along those lines... Previously they used the regular swords i battle when they should have used the barbarian/norse styled ones. Norse Nobles (swordmen) will be set to potential general candidates (unlike the previous unit).

BUGS & ERRORS FIXED:
    • The “Grand pagan idol” no longer is missing a building completed-file... As it should be.
    • The “Norse Axemen” now listed correctly as infantry...
    • Norse Infantry (Axemen) no longer general candidates...
    • The “Dismounted Nobles” error fixed... Exclusive for Gold/VI/2.01-versions only....
    • Longboats cost 550 florins in all versions...
    • Building completed string, “shipyard 4” is now included...
    • University colorpic for Catholic factions is now the right one...
    • Errata on the rebel-kill description for “grim justice” corrected.
    • 8th star promotion for generals will no longer stack up with the 9th star promotion description.
    • Townwatch, Orthodox factions, Level1 has now the proper GFX assigned, as was always intended...
    • Name on “large Warehouse” is wrong. Changed to “Large Warehouse”, as it should be...
    • "Daimyo"/ruler promoted string/blurb is no longer missing...
    • All pagan sacred stones will now use the correct GFX, as always intended...

- A

Omg....I am so happy someone is still modding this legendary game! I just want to thank you for taking up this challenge! The only problem that I can see with this mod is that everything progresses so fast. What I mean by that is their are already super powers in the year 800 AD which I feel like that you would win the game well before the end date and that a lot of factions would be dead before that as well. I like to play very long games and see most factions stick around for most of the game kinda like history. I know that`s impossible to mod in the game. Other than that it seems like you have done gods work... Again I think you!

Hi Axalon, CA just announced Medieval TW is coming to steam June 25th. Are you going to make the mod available for the steam version too ? Because I really like it.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Omg... That's great news! It's about time medieval 1 got on steam. I will gladly pick it up when it is on the steam store page.(Also I want to apologize for messing up a few words on my last post. I know its not a big deal, But it is to me xD)

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

ALL HAIL BURGUNDY, THE TRUE LORDS OF THE FRANKS.
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

Hi Axalon, long time no see..........
    I was going to reinstall this to coincide with the release of the game on Steam and being out of the loop for a while I am confused what to dl?
    Can someone clarify what I need to dl and in what order?

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Can someone clarify what I need to dl and in what order?
    New MTW player here, just got it on Steam, and I'd also love to get this mod running, it does look impressive indeed...