Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Total War - Redux (Beta)

Default Re: Medieval Total War - Redux 1.0b

The screenshots look very impressive, Axalon. Good work!
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: The She-Hulk Thread!

Well, that's enough of the green girl for now…. Thread is back to normal again, although I did change the cover-girl for it, maybe you guys prefer a redhead or a blond instead? Let me know. After all, that is the really important question, now isn’t it?

It appears that Filefront isn’t going to drop dead in spite of everything. That means that I won’t have to find some other place to host my files and that I still can get some accurate download-numbers after all. At any rate, all the filefront links are up and functional again. So that means that this redux-thread is open for business as usual…

Finally, thanks for the praise Andalus. Feel free to try redux out if you like, I would be surprised if you were sorry for it….

- Cheers
    Last edited by Axalon; April 02, 2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: She-Hulk got angry with me...

1000 downloads!

It gives me much joy and pleasure to be able to announce the happy and mighty news! It sure fuels me with additional faith and confidence in the project!

At some point this weekend MTW-redux passed the 1000 download marker and thus has taken proportions that are far greater and beyond what I ever dared hope for when I released the first edition of redux back in Aug 2008. Keep enjoying the redux-experience and do play 3rd edition once it will be released and available to the public.

Cheers!

Default Re: The She-Hulk Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Well, that's enough of the green girl for now….
    - Cheers
    I'm looking forward to the green girl turning around.

Sorry. Couldn't help it.

wow looks good, haven't played MTW1 since ages (I only know Vanilla MTW and VI, I also tried the XL mod a long time ago). Your mod really makes me considering to install MTW & VI again on my system, allthough the pic with the campaign map showing the holdings of the different factions seems to be not really historically accurate..nevertheless my overall impression is really good so far.

Hello guys,

I’ll start with you Lützower. Well, I am happy that you find redux appealing – what can I say?

Regarding the “historical accuracy” issue. Well, to put it plainly; I’m not in the business of historical accuracy, I’m kind of more in the in the business of creating a good and fun game to play….

As far as Historical accuracy goes, there are no versions of MTW that are historically accurate to date and I find it hard to believe that there will ever be one that is historically accurate in a meaningful way (feel free to quote me on that. Viking Horde tried in XL, oh boy did he try hehehe, but it was a futile attempt just the same. It was a big fat failure as far as historical accuracy goes. Still, it was an impressive attempt none the less). MTW is a PC-game and designed in such a way, that any historical accuracy ever placed within the framework of MTW will soon (about 20 min or so) be as historically accurate as Mickey Mouse ever was in history – it simply won’t happen or stick in the game – and I know that….

While I did the core design for redux a few years back I acknowledged that I could never ever be historically accurate with this game so I decided to go straight for shameless fiction instead – which does work with the game. And, it also creates a cooler and more fun game top play – for me at least. This does not in any way mean that I did not let myself be inspired by selected and cool parts of history – that I did, but I did put it all together wrong and it could as a result only be regarded as pure fiction. It would still end up as pure fiction even if I tried to pair things together according to the history books…. Redux is fiction and I don’t even try to hide that fact in any way.

Personally I always find it amusing when people are forwarding the importance of historical accuracy in MTW, hell even in any TW game. It’s a myth and it will never happen. Viking Hordes herculean attempt in XL stand as big fat monument and textbook example of that very fact. Others have also tried and failed just as he did – regardless how hard they tried. And, regardless if they will admit as much or not.

Now, please note that this is not an attempt from me to fry you. It is just my way of laying out the facts for you here. I really do hope to see you posting here some more and I really do hope that you (and others) do play redux, but believe me, history is not a factor here nor can it ever be to an agreeable or meaningful extent in the game. I have actually studied history “for real” at the University of Lund and did that for about 4 years or so and that is pretty much the most important lesson I still remember from that time. So, forget history and knock yourself out with the fictional world of redux! By all means, feel free to post some reduxy questions or other stuff right here, I’ll do what I can to help you out with those - that is if nobody else beat me to it of course….

Rick: You appear to be just as nasty and sexist to poor and innocent She-Hulk as I am. Well, what can I say…. She-Hulk is a very sensitive and shy girl in private when she is not busy saving the world. Lots of complexes of being green you see… I told her a thousand times, she is a really beautiful woman, with a body and curves that other females would kill for, but she simply refuses to listen to reason here. All this is of course silly, since her “equipment” will even make goddess Athena look bad by comparison….

Anyway, to keep it even remotely redux related here, I always wanted the poor marvel-girl to be a princess in redux, after all she is the unofficial sexy guardian angel and saint of redux, as in princess and saint Reduxa the green or something… Aw crap! I better stop now before it gets even worse!

- Cheers
    -------------
    In the mean time, lets enjoy her finer “parts” from this angle shall we?
    Am I hopeless or what?!? Poor She-Hulk….
    Last edited by Axalon; April 25, 2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: She-Hulk said please....

I've definitely come away from this with a new appreciation of She-Hulk.

Waiting patiently for Redux #3 - no rush - no worries.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Axalon, congratulations on a wonderful mod. As a hardcore MTW fan (part of my favourite games of all time), I can't wait to try this baby next weekend. Thanks a lot for the work you put in, and for future betas, don't hesitate to contact me for some testing.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I appreciate it. It makes it a little easier for me to work with the darn redux-things when people show some support for it as in posting here and so forth. I’ll try get back here shortly and hopefully post up some stuff to show you all what I am up to these days redux-wise…

Basileos: I’ll take that tester-offer man, I’ll be in touch if need be. Either way, I do appreciate the offer…. You seem to do some modding of your own so there should be few problems here.

Rick: Isn’t she grand?!?

She-hulk as princess - the way we like it.
    Join the saint She-Hulk movement people!

- Cheers
    Last edited by Axalon; April 28, 2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: typos...

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Haha, I'm doing some modding of myself for MTW but for the moment I'm sticking to my own small mod. Just improving the gameplay aspects as much as possible without adding anything.

I'll be around, just tell me when u need me.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Hi Basileos and all redux-players out there....

I finally managed to get some decent screens on the stuff I have been working on. First out is the siege-engine theme with five screen-shoots. Later on I will post up some on the theme of “extreme close-ups” and more regular battle-screens. Ok, without further ado the new screens for 3rd edition then....

PIC1:

First out are the new ballista-textures and this time it is under English management. Visible in the distance are the new
    castle-textures as well (standard castle)...

PIC2:

Here we have some Portuguese trebuchets (with the new textures) in action. Note the new trees made for 3rd edition
    – I am really happy about those....

PIC3:

Catapults in action! These are probably my favourite among the new siege engine-textures. Note also the new shrubberies
    – happy about those as well.

PIC4:

More catapults in action - now under HRE management and from a different angle. Catapults really did need a make over
    and now they finally got it!

PIC5:

Here we have the HRE as siegers as seen from a distance (from the wall). This also reveals bit of the new castle-GFX and
    how trees will look at a distance in lush-terrain.

Ok, that’s it for the moment. Any more or other comments on these screens? Fire away…

- Cheers

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Great work here Axalon. The siegeengines and the trees looks great. Perhaps too great compared to the units? Anyhow I am eagerly awaiting further previews.

Hello and thanks Athenogoras,

Hehehe…. Maybe you are right, maybe the trees and siege engines “look too good for their own good” as you seem to suggest here. However, I would rather have that than the other way around. Especially if I was the one who was responsible foe ‘em. Wouldn’t you?

Any other comments or remarks on these screens? Anybody? Or have we emptied any further comments or discussions on ‘em? In that case I will soon post up some other 3rd edition screens (probably later this weekend)….

- Cheers

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post

Some units then... From the top left corrner; Polish hero, crossbowmen, Russian hero, Norse champion and finally some
    feudal champions looking mighty and ready to be your average badboy essentially.

That is an exelent result!!!!!MTW was my favorit game for many years!
    I want to see realistic Byzantine units!
    Visit CBUR if you want some ideas!!
    But...i have a sugestion to the one who made those wonderfull unit card images!
    Could you Axalon create some pics for a M2TW/kingdoms mod to create scimilar unit cards????
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hi AnthoniusII and thanks a bunch for the kind words.

I appreciate the enthusiasm here for MTW1 and my previous pics but I have already done all Byzantine troops for redux 2nd edition and if you want to see them just download that and knock yourself out.

I’m flattered your inquiry, but I’m afraid that I will have to turn it down. I already have my hands full with 3rd edition of MTW-redux (I am doing this solo so it’s pretty much to do), and as long as it remains uncompleted I will probably not enter a new project - I just believe in finishing up one thing before I start with another. If it were not for these circumstances - I might have very well viewed your suggestion very differently, but with current circumstances, I have to say no. Sad but true….

I’ve sent you a PM with a lengthier and more detailed reply and further suggestions that perhaps might be of interest to you.

Hello all redux-players out there, here are some more screens from 3rd edition!

Ok, this time the turn goes too the extreme close up-screens and let me point out that in an ordinary game “you” probably will never get this close by traditional means and it’s hardly practical in actual gaming circumstances either. I made the these screens so all you guys can see what shields and weapons might look like in redux 3rd edition. In addition to that, these pics also reveal how the various new and reduxed GFX-positions for shields and weapons looks like (in battle at least).

I think that it is also the first time the reduxed greatsword goes public. I always wanted those in the game since raw MTW never had any of those to a satisfactory degree in a graphical sense (or any mod for that matter – as far as I know). It is far easier said than done to get those big swords to work properly in the game. Oh yes, on pic2 we also can have good look at how spears and halberds will look like up close. Let’s have a look at the screens then....

PIC:1

First up we have some English feudal champions vs. Italian royal infantry. Note the differences in size between the swords.
    I have wanted to do that for years – now I have finally managed to make it happen. As stated before, easier said than
    done. I am really happy that this old dream is finally realized!

PIC:2

A solitary feudal champion busy fighting heavy odds.... This pic really reveals proportions for the greatsword and spears
    very well. That Italian formation is really taking a beating by this champion!

PIC:3

Lastly we have a pic from another battle. Spain vs. Burgundy, Royal Infantry (left) vs. Frankish Infantry (right). There is
    no doubt in my mind that the new GFX for shields and swords are far better than the old ones. Note also that I have
    done some slight reduxing on the Spanish banners....

Ok that’s it. Any other comments and remarks on these screens?

- Cheers

Quality work as always Axalon. I wonder if I will ever find the time to download and play this mod.
    +rep for trying to create a bigger MTW-community.

Hello Athenogoras,

First of all, thanks for spoiling me with da little rep-rings (actually you are the first person that ever managed to do this twice on me). Secondly, thanks for da praise and interest here (again(!)). Thirdly, how could you (or anybody else) ever turn down a mod that makes princesses more hot and sexy! You couldn’t, could you?!?

(For the girls, redux offers plenty of portraits of fine, stern and angry looking men – what's there not to like!?)

Slightly more serious then, I’ll try to post up the last (battle-themed) screens as soon as possible but I’ll have to prepare them first before I release them to the public. I have no clue as for when this will happen but I’ll do my best to get done soonish. Anyway, thanks again man.…

- Cheers
    Last edited by Axalon; May 28, 2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Da English...

First of all, thanks for spoiling me with da little rep-rings (actually you are the first person that ever managed to do this twice on me)
    And you will get more for each preview. And when Redux is completed I will summon my solicitor and you will recieve an honorary mention in my testament. I always try to spread rep to modders who I feel have too less rep compared to their contribution to the community. If they already have many I usually dont bother.

how could you (or anybody else) ever turn down a mod that makes princesses more hot and sexy! You couldn’t, could you?!?
    True, true. But in my spare time I am too busy modding. I havent played a campaign for 5 months. When I find the time(before summer) I will definately play this mod.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Sorry mate but at what time does the mod start?
    Malta was under the Kingdom of 2 Sicilies from 1090 'till 1530(ok from the 1400's it was under the Spanish who ruled sicily too)
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Hi guys and all you reduxy-lurkers out there….

Athenogoras….

“I always try to spread rep to modders who I feel have too less rep compared to their contribution to the community. If they already have many I usually dont bother.”

I hear you…. I think you got a great attitude on the whole support thing there – since I assume that I am not the only beneficiary you give this kind treatment too. I only wish there were more people out there with that kind of stance. I think that support for any mod/alteration is vital for its survival in the long run and I am happy to have received your support for redux so far. So thanks a bunch for that.

As for having limited time to play stuff…. Tell me about it, I know exactly what you mean, I am pretty much right there myself. Play redux if you want too, if you liked MTW you’ll probably like redux – in spite of the fact that it is very different and harder than the original game. Personally of course, I do prefer it above the original game – otherwise I would not have bothered working with it, as you might have guessed.

SonOfOdin (sounds pretty Norse)….

The timeframe of redux is 700-1260 AD, 560 turns. May I ask why this is important? I’ve gathered that Malta somehow is important for you. In redux Malta starts out as rebel-territory no matter what the old demo-pics says – I changed that for 2nd edition. For whatever it’s worth, I think it was Aragon and not Castile that did have some influence there (southern Italy + islands) back in the day.

Oki, it is time people - the battle screens…

Here is the last part of the series of screens I made – thus the turn has comes to the battle-screens . In these we will see a bit more of castles, weapons, shields and horses. I have included another horse for 3rd edition – I just wanted a tad more variety essentially and it also works well with various unit-markers in redux. We also get a slightly closer look upon royal and feudal knights and their new lances. Ok, here we go....

PIC:1

First off we have some French light cavalry clashing with english feudal knight (and some royal knights in the background).
    My guess is that the frog-eaters are going to get slaughtered – but all that matters little here....

PIC:2

Ok, switched battle here. The Byzantines are defending their castle from English intruders that managed to smash the
    walls. Note how the walls look up close and then of corse we have glimpse of the castle...

PIC:3

More of the same... This time we can for the first time se how the new castles really look like. I personally think that the
    new textures turned out very well. It just feel more real time than the original textures did. Also check out the fine
    halberds in the right corner...

PIC:4

England vs. France again.... I think this screen really reveals the proportions of the trees well. Anyhow, notice the
    differences in the French shields, in 3rd edition I have tried to do more diverse markings on various factions because I
    think it looks better in general – most factions have their themes rather than the same 'ol markings as before....

Ok, that’s it. Hope you guys enjoyed 'em....

- Cheers