Hi all, thanks for posting and I’ll start with Valentino123....

Well, I don’t know for sure but the VI-stuff will probably be out soon, I am working on it, no worries… It is a matter of hammering out the files now…

------------

Beorn...

Thanks and by all means please do, Redux could use more players. Despite all the success with 2nd Ed – I still think too few players have tried it out for various reasons. My guess is that there would be more players if the just bothered to actually try it. It is different then MTW and it will take a while before getting fully accustomed to that but it might very well be worth it – especially for people who like tougher games and battles (and especially so in 3rd Ed). As I said so many times….

“Try it out, I would be surprised if you were sorry for playing it…”

------------

Lord of the Pies...

Is it the italians still? Anyway, MTW is hardcoded to double the recruitment time for most units on higher size settings. So, unless you mod stuff there is no way to change or work around that. However…

If you prepared to extensively mod the “crusaders_unit_prod11.txt”-file, it is still technically possible to work around all that. You simply double up all unit-sizes and cost-entries in that file and you got it. You will need a Gnome-editor to make all the changes. Note that once you done this you can only play at default size settings or lower or the game will freak out – while you use the changed file. Link to Gnome Editor V.2…

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/685...editorv2-0-zip

As a bonus here – back in 2008, I wrote an “article” on unit-size settings and their impact on Redux/MTW and you can read it in post: 49 - should you be interested in that. Basically, the higher unit size-settings you use the easier battles and thus ultimately the game will become. Not trying to rob you of your preference or anything but that is/was the conclusion I made in that article. I have at times seen people make the opposite claim – as in the game would somehow get more difficult by huge/max unit size settings. All the same, I have yet to see anything that actually provides credible basis and proper support for such ideas, while I have seen plenty that suggests otherwise in both Redux and MTW. Both games are designed for default size-settings for optimal game-experience in battle. Still, that does not exclude that some people might still prefer and enjoy other and higher size-settings.

------------

Bas...

Strange… Very strange…

It usually is the other way around, other stuff don’t work while Redux works just fine…. Anyhow, I don’t have any Vista so you clearly got me at a disadvantage here. All the same, I would suggest the following…

• Make sure that you can run MTW V.1.1 at all first (all other stuff is made for VI)… If you can, then you also will be able to run (current) version of Redux as well (sooner or later). I have yet to encounter an example were this was supposedly not possible.
  • Do/use a clean install and then apply Redux.
  • Change resolution to something standard, like 1024x768 or 1280x960 and see if that works – then try other settings that you might prefer.

If none of this works (and you have indeed installed things properly), I guess you will have little choice but to wait for the VI-upgrade in order to play Redux. All I can say is that the whole thing strikes me as strange and that you really should play the BETA whenever you can.

Again, I would be surprised if you were sorry for playing it.

- Cheers