Thread: [Amendment] Wiki Editor

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

Default [Amendment] Wiki Editor

Given that the Wiki is under the control of the Content Branch, I can see no reason why the Wiki Editor should be an elected position. Therefore I propose the following amendment:

Article 3 - The Content BranchThe Content Branch oversees content produced on the main page of the site and the work of the official publications of the Site
    • The Helios
    • The Eagle Standard
    • The TWC Wiki
    • General Sun's Tent
    • The TWC Podcast
    • The Scriptorium
    The Chief of Branch shall have general organizational and administrative control of all content areas of the site

Senior Staff Officers Editors Each official publication shall have an Editor appointed by the Chief of Branch, with the exception of the TWC Wiki. Editors must be Citizens of the Forum. They shall have overall responsibility for running their publication and ensuring that content produced for their publication does not breach the Terms of Service.

The Editor of the TWC Wiki shall be appointed as a Curial Officer, not a Senior Staff Officer, see Section 3 Article 3 below.

Article 4 - Curial OfficersA Curial Officer is a Citizen who has been given a mandate to administer a project or institution at TWC. It shall only apply to chairpersons or project leaders/managers, and not general or day-to-day staff of the project. Curial Officers shall be given by the Council appropriate local moderator privileges to carry out their duties

A Curial Officer shall be elected by the procedure in Section 2 Article 2, with the addition that the Curator shall post the mandate for the job in the Qualifications thread.

A Curial Officer shall hold his office for a period of three months from the day they are elected. In the event an office is vacant, its duties shall be assumed by the Curator until an officer is elected. If the office of Curator is vacant, the duties shall be assumed by the Speaker of the House.

If, in the judgement of the Council, an Officer has neglected their duties or abused his position, the Speaker may dismiss the Officer, and ask the Curator to arrange new elections.

Permanent OfficersThe following are permanent Curial Officers:
    • The Curator - responsible for the day to day administration of the Curia, including but not limited to any tasks outlined in this document and any duties he may be given in the Curia by the Speaker of the House.
    • The Pro-Curator - When the position of Curator is empty the Speaker may appoint a member of the CdeC to act as a temporary Curator until a new Curator is elected. The Pro-Curator has the same powers and responsibilities as the Curator except in the case of CdeC Vetoes and tie breaks which in this instance the responsibility will be given to the Speaker instead of the Pro-Curator.
    • The TWC Wiki Editor - Answering to the Chief of Content, is in charge of overseeing the Wiki Project.
    Further Permanent Officers may be created by amendment. Any member of Citizen rank may apply unless otherwise stated.

Non Permanent OfficersNon Permanent Curia Officers may be created to oversee specific short term Curia Projects not covered by Curia Committees. They may be created by a Curia Decision and cease to exist upon the completion of the project.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Roma in aeternum
    Magistrate

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Amendment] Wiki Editor

Support. I wonder if we keep records for activity levels on the TWC Wiki. Stats like page views, visitors, etc.

Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Patrician

Good question for Scorch.

I Support - theres been no real elections since the position was created.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    Support. I wonder if we keep records for activity levels on the TWC Wiki. Stats like page views, visitors, etc.
    We do, at least for visitor count and who has last edited the page, for starters.

support.... the whole idea of having people as officers of the curia relied on the ideal that the curia was populated with many people who had hard earned a place in the citizenry through contributions to the website/community and having many people who were willing to continue this contribution in staff. We would then have had elections between several willing and qualified candidates.
    Noone seems to care except for the people I would normally appoint anyways, so may as well dispense with this to at least give some semblance of continuity...
    TWC Divus

in patronicvm svb Garbarsardar patronvm celcvm qvo,Professor420et Amroth et Jones King
    Publius says: oh please, i love talk about trans-special mating. sends a gentle tickle down the back of my spine
    MarcusCorneliusMarcellus says: i sucked at exams, but was considered the best lawyer in the class, because I could always find the hole
    Evariste says: I have huge, feminine breasts and I love them

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

I never saw why the wiki needed to have anything to do with the moderation branch. The content is all user-created, not staff-created.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Scorch's Avatar One of Giga's Ladies
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    We have stats available about who is doing what.

But yes, this was something I meant to propose before I was elected, but it didn't really seem proper after I was elected. I heartily support.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and
    billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

I support. Good proposal.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

Support
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    Moderator Emeritus

Support.

Patrician

Amendment passed - 38:4:4