Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preview 4 - The map

Default Re: Preview 4 - The map

Caernarfon's on the Anglesey! It's meant to be on mainland Wales!!!
    Alright I'll add it to the mainland and spell it the Welsh way. I'll add Beaumaris to the east tip of the Island.

wheres manchester, or even preston? :|
    In Lancashire..I can't have every village, town, castle and city from England on this map. I included one historically important settlement from each county of England. So for Lancashire I added Preston.

From another thread:
    Liverpool isn't actually on the campaign map. There's a number of settlements in that area that should be included such as Stockport, Manchester, Bolton, Liverpool and Lathorn. I would like to add them but the map is just too small.

Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; September 11, 2008 at 06:51 PM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Great map, but there's one little positional thing that's bugging me - in the Midlands, Nottingham and Derby should be pretty close together, with Leicester a bit closer than it is and Lincoln and Stafford being roughly twice as far from Nottingham and Derby respectively as Nottingham and Derby are from each other - not by any means a game breaker, but would be nice if time was available. Awesome mod, keep up the great work!

Great map, but there's one little positional thing that's bugging me - in the Midlands, Nottingham and Derby should be pretty close together, with Leicester a bit closer than it is and Lincoln and Stafford being roughly twice as far from Nottingham and Derby respectively as Nottingham and Derby are from each other - not by any means a game breaker, but would be nice if time was available. Awesome mod, keep up the great work!
    I will take a look at those settlements, but please bare in mind that a med2 map will never be totally accurate. Allowances must be made for the shape and position of regions, rivers must run along region boundaries, choke points are important for gameplay reasons. Settlements can't be too close to certain geographic features, putting settlements too close together is undesirable and managing the path of roads is a complete nightmare.

Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; September 12, 2008 at 04:03 AM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

Looking really good .. wish i knew more about this period.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    Alright I'll add it to the mainland and spell it the Welsh way. I'll add Beaumaris to the east tip of the Island.

In Lancashire..I can't have every village, town, castle and city from England on this map. I included one historically important settlement from each county of England. So for Lancashire I added Preston.

From another thread:
    Liverpool isn't actually on the campaign map. There's a number of settlements in that area that should be included such as Stockport, Manchester, Bolton, Liverpool and Lathorn. I would like to add them but the map is just too small.

Cheers
    Oh ok thanks anyways

Yea i feel like i need to besiege all those castles!

Quote Originally Posted by BEF-Brazilians Expd. Forces View Post
    Yea i feel like i need to besiege all those castles!
    When we tend to think of the English civil war, we think of the great field battles of Edgehill, Marston moor and Naseby. However, siege warfare was a really important part of the war. There was over 300 sieges during the period.

Cheers

♔Charles the Bold♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

I really like the map and all but couldn't you have just used the Kingdoms Brittainia campaign map

No, the Brittania campaign map is tiny in comparison. All of the regions are incorrect for the period and very little else could of been carried over.

Cheers

PRESTON!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!! =D

Re: The comment about Manchester

If my history serves me correctly I believe Manchester didn't become a significant city as it is today until the Industrial Revolution of the C19th. So not including it and favouring the port town of Preston, IMHO is quite correct.

Cracking MOD by-the-way.

This map looks amazing! Great job.

I don't see how you can not include Worcester, the faithful city, on your map? it was one of the most significant cities in the civil war?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Worcester is on the map! Are you blind? Spencer Compton spawns in it.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

I'm sorry, i was just going by the screenshots of teh map, where worcester is not where it should be so i assumed it wasnt in the mod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12