''THE SUN NEVER SETS ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE''

corey4045's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: FKoC: Information, progress and To-do list

this mod is awesome
    NEW FAMILY GUY EPISODE

The British Empire
    ''THE SUN NEVER SETS ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE''

Must say AD, congrats When I first saw this mod I nearly wet myself with anticipation. I thinks its crazy how you did this with minimal help from others, and I love how all the unit previews have looked so far. I am a long time Broken Crescent Player so I have nothing but compliments regarding your skinning. Now I suppose I'll spend the next two hours running around the house trying to distract myself while we all eagerly await this release.

I know some people have asked you about a thirty years war mod, and I know the answer has always been no. So if you don't mind me asking, do you have any future projects in mind?:hmmm:

I've no further plans to make mods for M2TW. I'll support For King or Country for a few months and then next year see how ETW turns out. If it has modding potential I may think about making a similar mod (with a different theme) for it.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Well then good sir, it's a happy and a sad day. I'm remaining optimistic about ETW because it just has to be good, I can't accept the idea of it being bad, it just has too much potential. And besides if all else fails, hopefully it will still remain modable, for you lot, and possibly me to take a go at it.

How close are we Mr Alpha Sir (that's officialy my name for you from now on )? :hmmm: If you don't mind me asking of course.

Formerly Tyrtaeus

congratulations for this great work.

Congrats AD and everyone else who contributed. When it releases going to download right away on mine and my fathers computer then go play football while it downloads .

Same, but without the dad's computer or football So basically I'm just gonna download it ...

Formerly Tyrtaeus

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

This mod will be the sole reason that M2TW will not be a total waste of my money.

This mod will be the sole reason
    Hehe says 'Sol Invictus' Sorry just thought I'd point it out

Formerly Tyrtaeus

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    I've no further plans to make mods for M2TW. I'll support For King or Country for a few months and then next year see how ETW turns out. If it has modding potential I may think about making a similar mod (with a different theme) for it.

Cheers
    It should do, but rumours are fickle things...

If it easier to mod and I can finally contribute more, maybe then we could have the British Civil Wars... Yeah... you know... the Confederates...

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrtaeus View Post
    Hehe says 'Sol Invictus' Sorry just thought I'd point it out
    I didn't even realize that.

It should do, but rumours are fickle things...

If it easier to mod and I can finally contribute more, maybe then we could have the British Civil Wars... Yeah... you know... the Confederates...
    I am willing to bet money it uses the same mesh format as Med2. Hopefully it'll be a lot easier to port mods from MED2 to ETW.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

I'm really looking forward to playing this campaign because it's different from other mods - rather than spending years to complete I can try out different strategies but still finish the game. I think the 2 player zero sum nature of it will also help the AI, as I think it copes better when at war than when deciding whether or not to attack and randomly landing troops next to cities belonging to allies.

a patch is coming soon?

Once the mount to mesh tool works properlly with siege engines and my artillery pieces can be used in-game I will look at releasing 1.2

Cheers

Kyrre's Avatar Civis

Hello!

I just had an idea about the drummers (if you still want to include them). I think every unit has a sound that is played while they march. You might possibly be able to change that into marching music to that (like drumming and fifes). If you could manage that... ->
    But if you won't I will of course not feel insulted!

Greetings!

You'd end up with a very strange effect by changing the maching sound to a drum and fife tune.

Not only would it 'conflict' with the music, it'd also most likely be out of time with the units and it'd sound like some kind of mad rave.

Drummers are still on the cards, just low priority for now.

Cheers

Kyrre's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post

Drummers are still on the cards, just low priority for now.

Cheers

Hm I did not really believe that it was possible, but nice you still might implement some! To be honest it was only a hint to get you on my side for the case that you maybe did not want to include them because feeling strange about drummers not causing any drumsound. But them walking just beside the unit is absolutely enough I guess.

Skĺl/Prost/Salute/Cheers!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast