Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Preview 2 - The units

Default Re: Preview 2 - The units

Quote Originally Posted by Little Turtle View Post
    Oh btw, are you going to include the Cromwellian conquest of Ireland?
    Please read the faq.

Heres Earl Rivers btw
    No this is John Bois.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

They are by far the most realistic Med 2 Unit skins I have ever seen.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

I've been waiting soo long for a mod like this and those units look fantastic well done this will truly be one of the best mods out there.

The Good Old Cause eh?lol

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

Can't wait units look amazing and they dn't look like clones!

ad,do you want the stuff im getting on here or shall i pm you? also,seeing as your doing covenanters,are you doing montroses army as well? i assume you want a potted history of colonel general ruthin and his doings from the time he was govenor of plymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by leonn View Post
    ad,do you want the stuff im getting on here or shall i pm you? also,seeing as your doing covenanters,are you doing montroses army as well? i assume you want a potted history of colonel general ruthin and his doings from the time he was govenor of plymouth.
    If you could PM me that would be perfect.

I'm modelling the covenanter force that invaded Northern England, I'm not really touching the conflict in Scotland.

Regarding Ruthin.. There are two basic things I need.

A) The year of his birth.

B) A portrait picture.

I can imagine the fomer is available, however I have little hope the latter request can be met.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    *For those that don't know, the Sealed knot is the English civil war re-enactment organisation.

Cheers
    Actually it was originally a secret royalist society

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

very good detail on the units

BritPatriot1815's Avatar Ducenarius
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

A 3 bar pot is a lobster pot, but not all lobster pots are 3 bar pots. Mmm pot.
    I just like to call them that
    How far will I go for Rome? At least to the end of the street, I hate walking

They look great good work man!

But the 4th pikeman is too ugly hehehe...

Very nice units, but I think that You could make more differents soldiers in one units (few types of clothes, helmets).
    Here are English soldiers from other mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191566
    Musketeers are from similar period.
    Urrmm ... This preview shows ONE man from each regiment/unit

Every unit has 3 or different bodies, 6 or more hats, 6 heads, 3 different sets of legs, 3 sets of gloves etc....

I know about all of those sources, I have pretty much every Osprey book on the English civil war already.

(you aren't supposed to post osprey images on this forum)
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; September 13, 2008 at 04:19 AM.

You can add more variety and detailed infantry units - pikemen, musketeers.

In link what I shown You guys made many differents in one regiment - few types of helmets and clothes. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191566

Yes, I posted Osprey pics but from website. I wrote in TWC that it is good if I will post images with linkt to websire.

You can add more variety and detailed infantry units - pikemen, musketeers.

In link what I shown You guys made many differents in one regiment - few types of helmets and clothes. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191566
    First point. I hate to burst your bubble, but the English civil war was 100-150 years after the link you're posting. Your link is clearly for a set of very Early Tudor units. They have nothing to do with the mid-Stuart period. The clue was in the mod's title (16th Century)

Second point. I fail to see any real variety in those units you posted other than the colour of the clothing. The helmets, weapons, armour etc in that mod are all from Vanilla med 2. The musketeer unit has only one hat. The pikemen use 2 helmet meshes/skins from vanilla med2. Compare that to my mod were musketeers have 7 different hats and pikemen have 4 brand spanking new helmets.

Third point. There were no real regiments in the early tudor period.

Fourth point. You're comparing apples to oranges. Early tudor armies were a wash with colour, style and variation. However, regiments of the ECW were far more strictly uniformed than the early Tudor period. Regiments wore identical coloured coats, caps and breaches. Pikemen wore morion helmets, musketeer hats varied from wide brimmed felt hats, to caps, to woolen hats we would call beanies. You're ignorrantly looking for mass-variation in a time when it didn't exist.

Fifth point. If you're looking for fantasy variation and the inclussion of early Tudor period units you came to the wrong mod.

Yes, I posted Osprey pics but from website. I wrote in TWC that it is good if I will post images with linkt to websire.
    No matter what gobbledegook you write it's still against TWC's policy to post Osprey images here.

Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; September 13, 2008 at 07:38 AM.

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Owned
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Scelucid Hopolite's Avatar Libertus

all this stuff looks brill i cant wait till this is released

First point. I hate to burst your bubble, but the English civil war was 100-150 years after the link you're posting. Your link is clearly for a set of very Early Tudor units. They have nothing to do with the mid-Stuart period. The clue was in the mod's title (16th Century)
    I know that those units are from early 16th century. i'm historian.
    I wrote about this because in that thread are soldiers more variety - few types helmets etc. in one regiement. In last screen are 17th century Musketeers. I shown You thread as only example.
    i wanted help You in units but Your person is against me... I don't undertand why.

Regiments wore identical coloured coats, caps and breaches. Pikemen wore morion helmets, musketeer hats varied from wide brimmed felt hats, to caps, to woolen hats we would call beanies.
    I shown You more variety of morions and hats. You can add plumes.

About Ospreys - These pics are on TWwebsite. i don't posted them with imageshack or other similar sites.
    Last edited by Marszałek Poniatowski; September 13, 2008 at 08:15 AM.

I wrote about this because in that thread are soldiers more variety - few types helmets etc. in one regiement. In last screen are 17th century Musketeers. I shown You thread as only example.
    No, the thread you posted showed me units that are of the wrong time period, have much less variation than my units, and use vanilla meshes and textures.

i wanted help You in units but Your person is against me... I don't undertand why.
    I apologise if I gave you that impression but you need to be less sensitive.

I shown You more variety of morions and hats. You can add plumes.
    Plumes on Morions was definitely rare in this period but yes they could be added to some units. However It's not exactly a game breaker now is it..

About Ospreys - These pics are on TWwebsite. i don't posted them with imageshack or other similar sites.
    Regardless of which website hosts the pictures, unless they have permission to reproduce the images they are breaking copyright laws and more importantly by posting them as links into this thread you are breaking TWC's policy.
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; September 13, 2008 at 08:51 AM.

Kyrre's Avatar Civis

Hi there!

I was wondering what was going around with the drummers! I don't think that you need some extra animations for them. It might be enough to simply glue the drum to the soldiers leg as in NTW 2! That looked really good. The only thing is that the drummer uses his drumsticks for a sword. :hmmm: I just think it was better than having no drummers at all. They add a lot of athmosphere as we all know.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You also could add some stuff for the horses as in tis picture.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note that I do not want to force you to include that stuff I just discovered it very valuable for adding athmosphere!
    So don't think I am complaining or such like!

Greetings!

Every unit has 3 or different bodies, 6 or more hats, 6 heads, 3 different sets of legs, 3 sets of gloves etc....

omg METW2 is and sounds so hard to mod!

So much wrk must have gone into this mod
    well done it looks so fantastic

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast