Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Battle AI addons + small AI tutorials

Default Re: DarthMod Battle AI addons + small AI tutorials

its good to see you around again!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Hello again all + Xeryx,

I have just installed Kingdoms finally to my PC. I have so few time to share with you + write some more tutorials also about mass but will do maybe next week. I will try to play some Kingdoms unmodded and modded to see what has being evolved and maybe... maybe I will see to it personally again. Until then write to me about whatever else.

Above all other works I do, I write also a medieval article about medieval tactics which will be published by "Stratiotiki Istoria" magazines: Ekdoseis periskopio... Greeks should know. (Στρατιωτική Ιστορία: Εκδόσεις Περισκόπιο)

I will let you know when this comes out.
    Wow, installed Kingdoms..now I am impressed!! We have made signifigant headway on many issues, with both the BAI and CAI. If you are interested in chatting, PM me and we can discuss some stuff.

hey Jam, peace out!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

good to see you back again and that's some interesting stuff...

yeah im happy to see you around again

Juli's Avatar Biarchus

Uhhm, sorry for bumping this thread, Darth Vader, but what would happen if I reduce the engage distance of missiles?? Cause your AI works perfectly for me, except because of one thing: The AI just lets the missile units alone, far away form the main part of the army (infantry and cavalry). That leaves missiles vulnerable and isolated. Perhaps reducing the engage distance can create a more coordinated use of infantry and archer/javelinmen batallions.

Cavalry also gets a bit isolated, so I will test reducing the engage distance with cavalry too

Think IŽll tweak those values a bit... Lets experiment...

Let the Dark Force be with me!
    You just wasted 4 seconds of your life reading this sentence. You'll read it again because it was so funny and waste another 4. And since you read that sentence, some more disappeared, count this sentence and it's 'nother couple. Good job time waster!
    ACDC Rulezz
    Flying Moose of Nargothrond. Tolkien fans, behold!
    My little Tolkien fan-fiction

Hi Juli,

because I have a lot of time to re-code this thing. Can you tell me exactly in which parameters are you referring to:

Have you noticed any difference with my new add ons?(Comparing to the default DarthMod 1.4D).

Juli's Avatar Biarchus

Yo, Darth, wasup??

Unfortunately, IŽve noticed a difference when using the xeryx cautious envelopment files: The AI is extremely... cautious, in such a way it doesnt attack, even when its supposed to be attacking... and it does not react to envelopments... should have made some screenshots but I forgot...

So I restored the original AI files, and added the "Defend_brace" lines you mention in the first post in this thread.

Now the AI works quite better to me, though somehow it never reacts in an envelopment...
    EDIT: When I envelop, the AI doesnt react at all, dont rotate or anything...

In RTW, the AI rotated their units
    Think IŽll go nostalgic...

Ill take some screenshots and post them here, if you dont mind, so you can see what IŽm talking about

Farewell
    Last edited by Juli; January 23, 2009 at 09:38 PM.
    You just wasted 4 seconds of your life reading this sentence. You'll read it again because it was so funny and waste another 4. And since you read that sentence, some more disappeared, count this sentence and it's 'nother couple. Good job time waster!
    ACDC Rulezz

Quote Originally Posted by Juli View Post
    Yo, Darth, wasup??

Unfortunately, IŽve noticed a difference when using the xeryx cautious envelopment files: The AI is extremely... cautious, in such a way it doesnt attack, even when its supposed to be attacking... and it does not react to envelopments... should have made some screenshots but I forgot...

Now the AI works quite better to me, though somehow it never reacts in an envelopment...
    EDIT: When I envelop, the AI doesnt react at all, dont rotate or anything...
    Yes I've seen the same error sometimes, when getting attacked by more than one army sometimes one just stands in his corner without advancing (I have to attack), its annoying when you have a perfect defence setup.
    Anyway thnx for mod
    Yeah Baby

Kids cover them ears!

hello there darthvader and everyone.. it's been a while.just wanna ask what's the difference of the 3 files included. and can what can recommend for me. i've been around stealthly..=)

Juli's Avatar Biarchus

I suggest you to keep the original files, they somehow work better...

IŽve been comparing the xeryx envelopment AI file, and the Darthmod original AI file, you know, playing battles with one, then with the other, and the original file RULEZZZZZZ!!!

As soon as I test a little more, IŽll upload some info...
    ACDC Rulezz

@Juli:
    Thanks for the info. I know by my tests that the original file was very balanced. But the three files I offer, provide distinct add ons which should be seen. I would like to see any results here mentioned.

@Kennel:
    This does not happen so often. In fact it was a common bug for M2TW. Of course if someone alters the formation file wrongly, then it will happen for sure. I hope you have no other modified files in your game folder.

@Hello Marvius! Long time no see. The three files offer different BAI, altering that of default DarthMod. Read here for some technical info.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=190582

i know this is not about the mod but when i try to download it to .rar it turns it into a notepad file and i cant see the file
    when i push download it shows a notepad not a zip folder so can someone help me

So... which add-on do I use? All three of them? What's the difference between one another? Which is the best?
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

wow, thats fricken amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Rome101 View Post
    So... which add-on do I use? All three of them? What's the difference between one another? Which is the best?
    Same question here.
    What is the difference between this addons?
    Should I just keep the old ones and do not mess with mod?
    Just installed my DarthMod for the first time, it has been a wile since my last game of MTW2. I will enjoy this.
    I would appreciate some help regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome101 View Post
    Guess this will never get answered but yeah same question. There are 3 versions of the same files. Which to use?

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Attached Files

I am not certain, but i think the first one is more raw and Darthy. The second one makes the AI less aggressive and more cautious. The third is similar to XAI(another mod) sort of a crossover i think

Hi, I'm a relatively new user.

So, @Makrell, I did some testing using the Xeryx Envelopment Modified.rar and I've found the following
    -The campaign map AI seems to be more aggressive and smart than usual. I've noticed that when the Portuguese took over Cordoba the Moors almost immediately called a Jihad on the settlement. Also, the campaign AI is more focused in successfully expanding territories faster and more aggressively.
    -The AI handle diplomacy also fairly the same as the original, unmodified DarthMod AI. I've noticed no changes.
    -Battlefield AI are MUCH more competent in my playthrough as England. The AI now responds quickly to flanking maneuvers and seems more aggressive than before (I'm playing on Normal for future reference). The AI also seems to attack my forces more often when my armies siege cities. The battlefield AI is balanced whenever it comes to attacking or defending.
    -However I did notice that the AI does have problems on the battlefield when responding to reinforcement. When one of my other armies arrived from behind the enemy's lines, the AI did not move until my reinforcements were literally 5 feet away from commencing combat. However, when the attack commenced, the AI did not screw around. It managed to hold off the flanking maneuver and my other army before causing everyone to rout, forcing me to retreat. The AI seems to be more responsive to critical situations.
    -In Siege battles, the AI still retreats to the center of the settlement to defend the capture point HOWEVER when my forces breach the walls, they immediately counter against my troops appropriately. I've lost around 3/4s of my force of 1500 men against 700 defenders before taking the point. The Siege AI is much more competent in defending

My final conclusion: The AI seems to be more improved when the Envelopment Modified.rar is put into the DarthMod. The AI does not mess around as much as before while still feeling Darthy. The AI isn't too hard though, it offers a fairly enjoyable challenge. The campaign AI is more focused on expanding territory and defending territory more than ever. I see less random movements and small armies on the map. The campaign AI focuses their force into direct attacks much more logically. Battlefield AI has improved much better and reacts more realistically than before but it still feels Darthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ACBrother1 View Post
    Hi, I'm a relatively new user.

So, @Makrell, I did some testing using the Xeryx Envelopment Modified.rar and I've found the following
    -The campaign map AI seems to be more aggressive and smart than usual. I've noticed that when the Portuguese took over Cordoba the Moors almost immediately called a Jihad on the settlement. Also, the campaign AI is more focused in successfully expanding territories faster and more aggressively.
    -The AI handle diplomacy also fairly the same as the original, unmodified DarthMod AI. I've noticed no changes.
    -Battlefield AI are MUCH more competent in my playthrough as England. The AI now responds quickly to flanking maneuvers and seems more aggressive than before (I'm playing on Normal for future reference). The AI also seems to attack my forces more often when my armies siege cities. The battlefield AI is balanced whenever it comes to attacking or defending.
    -However I did notice that the AI does have problems on the battlefield when responding to reinforcement. When one of my other armies arrived from behind the enemy's lines, the AI did not move until my reinforcements were literally 5 feet away from commencing combat. However, when the attack commenced, the AI did not screw around. It managed to hold off the flanking maneuver and my other army before causing everyone to rout, forcing me to retreat. The AI seems to be more responsive to critical situations.
    -In Siege battles, the AI still retreats to the center of the settlement to defend the capture point HOWEVER when my forces breach the walls, they immediately counter against my troops appropriately. I've lost around 3/4s of my force of 1500 men against 700 defenders before taking the point. The Siege AI is much more competent in defending

My final conclusion: The AI seems to be more improved when the Envelopment Modified.rar is put into the DarthMod. The AI does not mess around as much as before while still feeling Darthy. The AI isn't too hard though, it offers a fairly enjoyable challenge. The campaign AI is more focused on expanding territory and defending territory more than ever. I see less random movements and small armies on the map. The campaign AI focuses their force into direct attacks much more logically. Battlefield AI has improved much better and reacts more realistically than before but it still feels Darthy.
    I haven't tried any of Vader's mods yet. What do you mean by things feeling "Darthy"?

Also, isn't it interesting that things have been quiet here from 2011 until 2013?

Good to see u around

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast