Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A no nonsense installer for ExRM v3.5.3b

Default Re: A no nonsense installer for ExRM v3.4

Hi guys, I am new here so sorry if I am violating some of your rules.
    But! Love the mod. I installed it on Vista worked pretty great, and then i started the game up no crash and then i just choose the Republic of Rome to see how it loooked like and i checked the load/save field and it wasn't gray, and i was happy. Then i started a campaign being the Macadons BUT here the save/load field is gray and the i went back to Republic of Rome to see if it was gray too and it was. Then i restarded the game but same problem. Please help me

When you want to start a new campaign you should allways quit RTW to desktop and restart it. If you want to load a game, it doesn´t matter.

You need the 4tpy ( 4 turns per year ) script to be activated. Klick on one of your cities, then the adviser will pop up - dismiss him, not by cancelling, but by klicking on his face.

If the script isn´t still active, try to press Esc and then klick on the "?" of the game manue in the right corner. Dismiss the adviser one more as said above and press "return to the game". After it press Esc again and your save/load options should become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Zycho View Post
    Then i started a campaign being the Macadons BUT here the save/load field is gray and the i went back to Republic of Rome to see if it was gray too and it was. Then i restarded the game but same problem. Please help me
    To quote Lord Melchid. “Yes, this is very familiar”.

I see
    despot_of_rhodes has beaten me to the punch with his wise words. But regardless.

I think this has been around since the beginning and is a very common but annoying problem. My advice is that every time you want to start a new campaign, exit the game totally, and then start again. It is also very important that when the advisor appears, click her portrait and not the “X” to dismiss her. This seems to stabilise the game but for more information I suggest you read this from the "Bugs Repot for 3.3.4" thread.

Good luck.

Thanks you for the fast answers
    I thought what the heck and just started playing and I think after the first battle I went to the main menu and i could save again Good for me. And thanks for the tip THIS MOD ROCKS!!!

Greetings,

I would like to play this mod and I currently have an unplayed RTR platinum 1.9 (with BI) installed. Will this download work under these conditions or do I have to uninstall everything and reload RTW with the patches? Thank you.

You should be fine if your RTR PE installation is modfoldered.

Worked great. Thank you.

aaah, is it essential to have B.I ?
    'A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.' -Napoleon Bonaparte

'What's that fluttering in a breeze?
    Its just a piece of cloth
    that brings a nation to its knees.
    What's that unfurling from a pole?
    It's just a piece of cloth
    that makes the guts of men grow bold'
    - John Aggard

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Nah, I think it'll work fine without it. If it doesn't, just follow the instructions in the main download thread for making it work with RTW.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Hey all.

Another great mod.

I've been trying to slow play abit more, so I've doubled the cost of all buildings, and made Generals Body guard/cav 200-400 D upkeep.

I'd also like to adjust costs of siege equip, rams/ladders/etc. what file is that in?
    Also, forts/watchtowers...?

thanks

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Siege equipment is actually free. Your soldiers probably get it with all of the Happy Meals they buy when you're besieging a place.

Not sure about forts and watchtowers. Honestly, I'd recommend against increasing general unit upkeep and instead increase all of the other units first. General units are required to come into existence, so increasing their upkeep can really hurt small factions.

btw, wait till you see the next version coming out within the week. I've slowed it way the heck down by reducing sea trade bonuses immensely.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Thanks for the quick reply.

When you sige a town, the pre-battle screen shows forces involved etc, there you may get seige equipment, pending on the size of your army you get points. And ladders cost 15 points, rams 50, etc. Its this points cost I ment. Too often you see 3 cohorts of aux inf besiege a town of twice that number.

I've amended General cav upkeep like a handicap system, Illiria-200, Ptolies-400, Greeks-400, etc. Also, the doubled build cost, which I thought a bit extreme, seems to work well.

Looking fwd to your new update too, btw.

Oh, I understand now. I'm not sure those costs can be changed.

A handicapping system is not a bad idea. I'm glad it's working out well for you.

btw, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure you can increase fort and watchtower costs, I just totally forget where to do it. Sorry.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

You can. EB has free forts but watchtowers which cost 1500. BTW, there is a new, better Roman watchtower somewhere on these forums.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    btw, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure you can increase fort and watchtower costs, I just totally forget where to do it. Sorry.
    In ExRM\Data\descr_cultures.txt edit:
    Code:
    fort_cost            $$
    watchtower_cost      $$
    For each culture

I hope that helps

Perfect, thank you.

I'll check around for that watchtower, CC. I just found instructions on how to use cooler battering rams completely by accident.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Here's the watchtower: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288007

About the forts and watchtowers, its in descr_sm_forts_and_watchtowers.txt (look for it in the vanilla folders)
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

That's awesome, thanks for the link.

Hello,

I have a problem installing this mod on my computer. When I try to select the Campaign mode it tells me to select an item from the distribution list. Then when I exit the application it tells me that there is a script error in descr_strat.txt, at Line 33, column 1. And that "Expected Start date of campaign or battle" is the problem.

I just installed a fresh gold edition RTW and BTW and then installed Blade Runner's install shield. That is all I did.

Thank you,

Megas Scipio

Did you make sure your BI is patched up to 1.6?