Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: A no nonsense installer for ExRM v3.5.3b

Default Re: A no nonsense installer for ExRM v3.5.3b

OK! That means I will not be able to recruit units from those two regions. I just hope this issue will not happen again in another city!
    Thank you for your quick answer!

P.S. By the way, when are the reforms scripted to happen?

have you tried this?
    raze the existing barracks, then build your own barracks.
    sounds like a possible solution to me, because i've never experienced your problem before...

reforms: if you just build an imperial palace in any of your (italian?) cities except rome itself.
    Quinn, my hero of the day!

The issue is that there are no existing barracks in Bononia or Mediolanum. Only some temples. But in Salonae, there is a 3rd level Illyrian barrack, but I can build my own barracks, so I don't think that this is a solution. Anyway, thank you for your suggestion!

hmmm...
    then, what about razing those temples instead and afterwards building the barracks (i know, this is not intended by the culture shock mod; but maybe it would help)?
    other options remaining:
    1. complete reinstallation
    2. waiting for ExRM 4.0 ;-)
    3. quit playing :-(
    Quinn, my hero of the day!

I destroyed all the temples in Mediolanum (in Bononia there was none), but still the same issue.
    From your options I'm considering only the second one :-) and in the mean time I will play with this bug.

i'm not sure if this is where i'm supposed to post this or not but, how do i install the 3.5.3c hotfix? clicking through the files, the folders are mostly empty so i thought that simply copying and pasting it into my EXRM folder would overwrite the game files thus disabling the game.

Do you need to have RTR VII installed?

Isnt there any easier way to instal this mod ?

Can Anyone create ano nonsense installerforExRM4.0. My Rtw Is From CS Cannot Install.Help Help.

No "save game" or "load game option".
    I have instalation in D:\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe". The installer will not let me install the mod at that location. I had to install in the default that appears, copy the files to the correct file RTW routes and shortcuts. The game works fine, but I have no option to "save game" or "load game. Some help?
    I have RTW 1.3/1.5 B.I 1.6 not gold or platinum, first version.

Caesar Augustus's Avatar Senator

That sounds to me like a script problem. Try resetting the advisory, clicking on one of your cities and then bringing up the menu to attempt a save.
    Please leave your name if you rep. It will be returned

Hi, I can't save a game in ExRM 4.0. There is no option during the game to save..

How could I manage that? Please help, Thanks!
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; November 23, 2013 at 09:31 AM.

Senator

I've not seen that in ExRM 4, but when it's happened to me in other mods, the only solution was to exit the game entirely, start a new campaign and check at the end of the first turn that there was a save option

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Yeah, if that happens, one of three problems has occurred:
    1) the script hasn't initiated. Click on a city and see if it does.
    2) You've loaded a save game without killing the previous game's script. Hit Escape, then hit the ? in the scroll that appears. Then make the scroll go away and click on a city again, then initiate the script. Then try to save.
    3) You've angered Cthulhu. He'll be along in a few minutes to consume your sanity.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112