Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The easy way to install Kots 3.0 (revised)

Default Re: The easy way to install Kots 3.0 (revised)

Thanks it works GREAT now

I dont think all the clans should have the same units tho

Why not?

Because they all dident have the same like lowland dident have horses the highland did the lowland invented the long spears the highland dident have any ect. they just dident have the same things.

EwenCameron's Avatar Semisalis

The Highland and Lowland Clans have different units. By the way, it's just the other way... the highlanders didn't had horses. The Comyns can build knights... as well as the scottish royal family. The highlanders have to conquer a lowland city to build them as well... and like that it's with all scottish troops, some can be build in the lowlands and some in the highlands and islands.
    Last edited by EwenCameron; October 03, 2008 at 06:49 PM.

Developer of "The Kingdoms of the Isles" - 2D Artist, Traits & Ancillaries, Family Trees

Quote Originally Posted by AnySomeone View Post
    Because they all dident have the same like lowland dident have horses the highland did the lowland invented the long spears the highland dident have any ect. they just dident have the same things.
    All our Clans (so far) are Highland clans or held land in the highlands. Unit availability is not based on factions but on geography. All clans can recruit highland units in the highlands. All clans can recruit feudal units elsewhere.

If a clan takes London (for example) should they be able to recruit highlanders there? Of course not, they would draw troops from the local population and these would be feudal type units.

No horses in the lowlands? The majority of mounted troops came from the lowlands.

The first use of the "long spears" was in the army of Wallace at Falkirk. His army was comprised of Highlanders and Lowlanders, what evidence do you have that their use was restricted to one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by EwenCameron View Post
    The Highland and Lowland Clans have different units. By the way, it's just the other way... the highlanders didn't had horses.
    I know i was in a hurry and i typed it rong...

I like the Game i just think that every clan should have the same units and i think that you should have the lowland clans because this game is about the scots clans.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I figured out how the DOS 'move' command works. No more copy and paste in the batch file. That cuts about 70% of the previous total time. Check the new unpacker!

I still cant fight campaign battles, weird cus i can still fight custom battles. :hmmm:

nvm it only lets me have clan fights i cant have any non clans or it wont work.

Campaign battles should work with all factions.

Send us an error log (see post 18 above).

[log]
    ## log potentially critical errors for debugging
    to = logs/kingdomofthescots.log.txt
    level = * error

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnySomeone View Post
    [log]
    ## log potentially critical errors for debugging
    to = logs/kingdomofthescots.log.txt
    level = * error
    Ahem, he meant the actual error log which is the the file in the "to =" line.

23:17:21.836 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:17:21.838 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    23:17:21.878 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:17:21.881 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:17:21.883 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:17:21.887 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:17:21.889 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:17:21.907 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:17:21.922 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/kingdomofthescots/packs/data.pack
    23:17:21.924 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/kingdomofthescots/packs/localized.pack
    23:17:33.054 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 764, column 175
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(macdonald)
    23:17:33.054 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 764, column 175
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(macdougall)
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(hre)
    23:17:33.055 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 764, column 175
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(saxons)
    23:17:33.055 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 764, column 175
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(normans)
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(scotland)
    23:17:33.057 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 796, column 193
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(macdonald)
    23:17:33.058 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 796, column 193
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(macdougall)
    23:17:33.058 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 796, column 193
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(saxons)
    23:17:33.058 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 797, column 139
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(normans)
    23:17:33.059 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 797, column 139
    unit(Mounted Irish Kerns) does not match up to the ownership for faction(scotland)
    23:17:33.061 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 833, column 193
    23:17:33.061 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 833, column 193
    23:17:33.062 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 833, column 193
    23:17:33.062 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 833, column 193
    23:17:33.062 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 834, column 139
    23:17:33.062 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 834, column 139
    23:17:33.065 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 876, column 193
    23:17:33.065 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 876, column 193
    23:17:33.066 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 876, column 193
    23:17:33.066 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 876, column 193
    23:17:33.066 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 877, column 139
    23:17:33.066 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 877, column 139
    23:17:33.071 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 919, column 189
    23:17:33.071 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 919, column 189
    23:17:33.072 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 919, column 189
    23:17:33.072 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 919, column 189
    23:17:33.072 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 920, column 139
    23:17:33.073 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 920, column 139
    23:17:33.947 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 327, column 41
    faction religion not recognised
    23:17:33.948 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 966, column 39
    23:17:33.949 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 976, column 29
    23:17:33.949 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/kingdomofthescots/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 977, column 39
    23:20:10.054 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Blog Entries

Your EDU (Export_Descr_Units) is messed up with the "Mounted Irish Kerns" - wrong ownership means they don't have the right factions in the ownership line. If memory serves there was a semi_colon in front of the recruiting line in the EDB (Export_Descr_Building) disabling their recruitment.

Judging by the error message you installed over my 'Bare Kingdoms' installation.
    I suggest to update KotS with the latest patches, failing that - re-install.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes you are right Gigantus!

anysomeone, you haven't installed both Patches yet.

Blog Entries

Updated the unpacker to version 1.3, faster then ever (less then 3 minutes on my rig).

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    Updated the unpacker to version 1.3, faster then ever (less then 3 minutes on my rig).
    Good to know, I'm back onboard after some time away, so will start looking to realease the patch soon with all the work you've done to help.

thanks Gigantus.

im ao confused about this whole thing.
    im tryin to use this installer because my unpacker thing is not working.
    can someone help?
    1.like i download the RAR file.
    2.i extract it
    3.i then open the installer
    4.im lost after that cause the path leads to like this file that says my product or something.
    5.after that i wait i follow the directions after that but still no game... Im so confused.

Blog Entries

If your regular unpacker doesn't work, then don't expect this one to work: it uses the same unpacker.exe

The most common error is missing files. these files are in the root folder of the game and can simply be copied over into the tools\unpacker folder for the unpacker to work.
    Run the regular unpacker again and report any error messages you are encountering. If it for missing files, proceed as described.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12