Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Paeninsula Italic Suggestions and Comments

Default Re: Paeninsula Italic Suggestions and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Do you happen to know solutions for these problems? What mods don't have these problems? I can ask those mod's devs for solutions.
    No idea I am a gamer, are very interested in history and are a dedicated TW fan, but not a modder.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Okey, thanx anyway.
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Hister I have had experience with RTW modding. I can help you if you can give me some details and even enter the team if I will be able to help you. Let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by Tordenskjold View Post
    Comments on 0.86
    Moving distance: I find it odd that my ship use more than a half year to go from Syracuse to Tarentum or from Messina to Corsica. I believe the distance moved every round is much too small for sea but also for land units.
    Try selecting something else then coming back to your ship. Very often I find I can sail 3 or 4 times further than the green display indicates. I think Hister gave ships more move points than the user interface display can handle properly.
    On land, there's a balance to be struck between realistically depicting absolute travel times (3 months march from this city to that one) and relative travel times during turns (I cross all Italy and seize a city without a fight even though there's an army just outside it because it's my turn to move not the defender's).
    Movement on battlefield: On several occasion my cavalry has been catched up by infantry all too quickly. A horse can easily run from a man but not on the battlefield it seems.
    Problem exists in vanilla RTW, I've seen some attempts at fixing it with altered terrain modifiers but none are entirely satisfactory.
    Victory conditions: I hope for some interesting VC’s. Just conquering every province on the map is not something that inspires me anyhow.
    I did what I could for version 1.0. VC's guide the AI, so my main focus was making the AI defend continuous territory in its homelands, then push out one turn's infantry march to create a buffer zone, then as 3rd priority take 60% of the map.
    I hope this will be avoided due to expensive units and slow population growth.
    Again, tried to adress this somewhat in 1.0 by making identical buildings get more expensive and build slower the larger the city gets. Building high level buildings in huge cities will be a very time-consuming process, so I hope this will hold both incomes and populations down.
    Revolts:
    Garrisons regardless of size can add no more than 80% to public order. Culture penalties can negate all this and more. Add distance to capital penalties and it becomes VERY hard to stabilize captured towns. I use every family member I get in a single garrison army to maximize cultural conversion and try to end the rioting ASAP. I also modded the Temple of Apollo to give cultural conversion bonuses (everyone worships the sun, right?)
    Merge fleets: Seem unable to do it both at sea and in ports. The enemy have stacks with ships though.
    If you have your fleet in port when your new ship is completed you can combine them. Otherwise the admirals refuse to cooperate with each other. While buggy and frustrating, as a Navy employee I can tell you its more realistic than it should be

Hister, have you tried booting into safe mode? That'll set your display to 640 by 480 and hopefully your processor will take over the graphics work for your card. Which will allow you to get into device manager and see what's going on with your box. There should be a key you hold down during bootup, F2 or F8 or some such, that'll give you some options as to how to boot up.

Edit: Sorry Tordenskjold, I have missed your post, thanx Pode for your kind answers.

Try selecting something else then coming back to your ship. Very often I find I can sail 3 or 4 times further than the green display indicates. I think Hister gave ships more move points than the user interface display can handle properly.
    Correct.

Hister I have had experience with RTW modding. I can help you if you can give me some details and even enter the team if I will be able to help you. Let me know...
    Great. Stick around a bit more. My PC is being sent to fixing next week.

Hister, have you tried booting into safe mode?
    Yes I have tried but the problem is I can't even come to that. PC is totally unresponsive so I am almost 100 % sure it is a motherboard that failed. The only way to know for sure would be to insert a new graphical card and see if this fixes it up. If not then it's motherboard but since I don't have any extra graph. card with me or have any friends who would be willing to borrow me one I'm left with no other choice then to send PC to professionals - it will be done next week when I get payed for my last work.
    Last edited by Hister; November 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM.

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Pode , E Domitianus & Hister
    ... thanks for the great news guys !

Thanks for your detailed feedback
    About revolt, so the reason that I have no trouble with revolt on Sicily when conquering Cartaghenian settlements is because I have some cultural influence on them since I am Syracusa? The revolt trouble is in my distant colony in Ancona. The revolt never ends which means I can not expand my colony and have decided to abandoning it. I should have built cultural buildings perhaps? It is too late now because Sabine, my enemy there, is getting too strong.
    About travelling distance on fleets. I move my fleets several times in the same turn, because this is the way it works now. So I believe I move as far as possible every turn. I think their range is much too short still.
    About merging fleets, I played RTR (Rome Total Realism) and merging fleets where no problem. It seems it is possible to solve but I don’t know how...
    Last edited by Tordenskjold; November 28, 2009 at 02:59 AM.

The game has hardcoded distance revolt penalty whch we can't mod which means the further your settlement from your capital the more revolts you will experience. About ships traveling distance - f you clicked beyond the green marked area of the distance and it is still to short for you then I can't help you since it is hardcoded in realtion to other units traveling distance.

If the revolt distance can't be changed, however the bonus buildings give to avoid revolts can be modded to help.

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    If the revolt distance can't be changed, however the bonus buildings give to avoid revolts can be modded to help.
    , great , So its just a matter of balance to make it realistic the further out you expand .

Yes if revolt is such a problem buildings can give higher bonus in this regard.

Binshuy's Avatar Vicarius

this mod looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I think Lady Gaga is awesome.

preselectlee's Avatar Libertus

I just wanted to drop by and tell you guys how much I am enjoying the mod! Its quite challenging. Even for a wussy normal/normal player like me.

One question: I'm finding that it never wants to go into full-screen mode. Is this normal? There is always 2 black bars on the sides of the screen.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Not that i know of it. I have played it quite frequently and havent seen this thing.

make an extra campaign about the kings of rome. I know they didn't conquere huge terretories so make a map of rome and a 50 kilometer radius around it. Or more.

EDIT: if you do this you should edit the unit types because they were different in that time frame.

thanks

Well, this has already been tried but not by our team. I believe it wasn't released for the public.

In any case this project (PI) has been delivered, unfortunately it hasn't been released in a finalised state but then again mods are never really finished since there is always something that can be done on top of what has already been implemented. In other words the development cycle on this mod has been long ago finished and there aren't any plans to make any additional work on it.

This game engine is by all standards obsolete.