Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paeninsula Italic Suggestions and Comments

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Default Paeninsula Italic Suggestions and Comments

Ok this is more of a suggestion but, Spartans are recruitable in Tarrantino and it takes 2 turns in the barracks. What i propose is adding a new building at the city level called foreign ambassador it would have 3 levels and each level would reduce the delay of getting the Spartans. So at 3rd city hall building you can build ambassador post, it would allow you to call for aid from sparta in the way of now being able to receive said troops in 5 turns. At 4th city hall upgrade you could build ambasador villa, reducing the time to 3 turns. And finally at 5th city hall upgrade you can build Bouleuterion or town council chambers/court house, reducing the time to 2 turns. The turn delay acts like prestige, bigger cities don't have to wait as long for help.

That would call for scripting, but if the teams interested, it would kinda be cool to see. I don't think it would be very hard to do, but it would have to be limited to factions like Syracuse and the Italiotae.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
    Level 1 allows you to recruit a unit that takes 5 turns to complete. Once the unit is spawned on the campaign map, a stack of units is spawned at a pre-determined position, under the player's control. Level 2 replaces the 5-turn unit with a 3-turn unit, and so on. The main problem I see with this is abuse...

Default Re: Paeninsula Italic Suggestions and Comments

To stop the abuse we put a timer in that after you request aid you have to wait a certain amount of turns to request more help. Again the delay is based on the above mentioned buildings. So ambassador post would have to wait (10?) turns before more help could be requested. Ambasador villa would be (7?) turns and Bouleuterion would be (5?) turns. Now to add more surprise to this we add a chance element to it by saying 50%, 70%, and 90% chance to actually get approved. So then the question for all of you would be how big per level of building should the help be? Thanks to Benz282 for asking me to make a new thread for this.

Congrats for the mod, I've always dreamed to lead my beloved Ligurians to greatness!!!

My first impression is that income and pop growth are way too big! From the very start of the campaign I've been able to assemble 2 full stacks that conquered easily the poor-defended north-west of the map... and regardless of the mass recruitment my cities increased dramatically in size in few turns!

Liguria is not very famous for the natural resources so I thought that in the beginning I should struggle against scarcity of money and men but I was soo wrong.. and it's simply not fun to win so easily, so I suggest the team to tone down both income per turn and pop growth.

However, great work guys!!

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Leonidas480bc - great ideas you have there.

I've put your idea about Spartan units recruitment in scripting thread since scripting will need to be done in order to be achieved. Pleae let us continue conversation about this topic there:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...51#post3588451
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Aper, yes you are completely right! Economic model for the beta hasn't yet been developed.

Do you know how to tone down population growth and income globally? I'm also interested if it's possible to tone down population growth only in specific areas like the area Ligures occupy? Of course raising population growth in proper areas would also be applied then. Pointing me to a thread anywhere on net where this was already discussed would come of much help to me!

Foederatus

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...21#post3586021

Might be of interest to you guys, I did notice some of the units fan out quite abit in combat.

Are you referring to hoplite units or units in general Nullified? Good link though yes. I'm wondering if our hoplite units really need this though. mcantu - what do you think?

i think it has potential. i've been trying it out on hoplite units in RTR-FoE for a couple of weeks and i like the results. i think the values they are using in that EB thread are too low though

So what values do you suggest then? I will implement them only for hoplite and phalanx units.

Foederatus

I was posting for the value changes and its effect. Sorry to throw another idea in, you guys swamped yet?

That is Ensiferi Messapi with a 0.3 change.

That is Ensiferi Messapii with a 0.2 change.

It isn't a huge difference but I dunno, I'll leave it to I guess mcantu to give an opinion.
    Does it have an affect on the units success in battle?

And would it be only the Greek factions that would have the discipline to fight in such close proximity to each other?
    Last edited by Nullified; August 29, 2008 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullified View Post
    I was posting for the value changes and its effect. Sorry to throw another idea in, you guys swamped yet?
    You bet we are!

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    So what values do you suggest then? I will implement them only for hoplite and phalanx units.
    actually, the more i test it it looks like 0.2 does work pretty good

Nullified, thanx for the pics! Yes the lover the value the better they fight due to less space needed for them to fight in comparison to other units who have higher value. mcantu, I will add those values to hoplites and phalanxes tomorrow and give the changed edu to Luciano.
    Last edited by Hister; August 29, 2008 at 05:47 PM.

Very nice discovery

Thanks a lot to all, guys.

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Suggestion:
    -officers other then generals=))))
    Alas i've already noticed through experimentation that you are already at the DMB limit=(
    Suggestion:
    Do PI compatible with Alex.EXE and get us more officers=PPPPPPPPP

[REL] Ig's Barbarian Culture Texture Pack V1:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...49#post3654949

Hoplitai Spartiatai need hair at the back of their necks. Cut the head off the hoplitai Lakonikoi and paste it on the Hoplitai Spartiatai changing the crest to a black and white striped version, use the transverse crest for an officer unit for the spartans. I tried the 0.2 formation change and it does make a big difference. I was hesitant to implement it as that part was not in the edu.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    Hoplitai Spartiatai need hair at the back of their necks. Cut the head off the hoplitai Lakonikoi and paste it on the Hoplitai Spartiatai changing the crest to a black and white striped version, use the transverse crest for an officer unit for the spartans. I tried the 0.2 formation change and it does make a big difference. I was hesitant to implement it as that part was not in the edu.
    Leonidas, Benz will work on unit upkeep values after Luciano will give him his fixed edu so you don't have to do it! Can you do that hair thing by yourself - Luciano doesn't have time for such "minor" things. If you will do it just send Luciano the files you will change...

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Aper, yes you are completely right! Economic model for the beta hasn't yet been developed.

Do you know how to tone down population growth and income globally? I'm also interested if it's possible to tone down population growth only in specific areas like the area Ligures occupy? Of course raising population growth in proper areas would also be applied then. Pointing me to a thread anywhere on net where this was already discussed would come of much help to me!
    Well, regarding TW games actually I'm totally dedicated to EB, so my impressions comes from the comparison with that great mod... I remember of one thread about a feature like "base farming level of a province", that should be exactly what you need to mod both to reduce both income and pop growth.... sorry my only modding experience is messing EDU stats, so I doubt I can help you about the economic model, but I can search something, maybe in The Guild EB forum... if you think it can be of help!

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

If you're looking to increase the power of Hoplites, then what you need to edit is the collision-mass of the unit. If you've ever played RS with their city-hops and noticed how they push through just about everything, it's because of that.

On a bit of a tangent, the first battle (after "Come and take them!") shows basically what this value does; it allows units to hold the line while being charged and then push forward into the enemy ranks (btw, I am not saying 300 is at all historical)

i cant speak for the members of PI but the impression i get is that they definitely dont want to have uber-hoplites like in some mods...

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast