Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: P.I. Beta Bug thread

Opifex

Default Re: P.I. Beta Bug thread

Quote Originally Posted by Little Turtle View Post
    Can someone answer my question?
    I think I know what might've been the cause of your problem. When you create the shortcut and modify it by appending the various PItalica switches (-nm, -mod, etc), it's important that you add them in the Target section of the shortcut instead of the Path.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano B View Post
    There's a chance that it is an issue related to a city placed on a wrong teerrain type ...can you tell me what's the attacked settlement?
    Sorry, false alarm. I reloaded my last saved game, which was just before the crash and it worked ok this time ... sounds like a memory leak or rogue pointer??

My Faction : Italiotae
    Year : 332
    Enemy : Lucani
    City under seige : Heraclea

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Yes, I should have added that. The reinforment CTD that I have described above is mostly random.The exterminate/enslave/occupy CTD too. Loading a previous saved game and replaying the battle usually gets one through it(after a number of tries at least).

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    Yes, I should have added that. The reinforment CTD that I have described above is mostly random.The exterminate/enslave/occupy CTD too. Loading a previous saved game and replaying the battle usually gets one through it(after a number of tries at least).
    Sounds like a bug in traits/ancils.
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator

It happens in many mods. The exterminate etc. one I`ve seen mentioned for mods like RTR 6 Gold/RTRPE, TE, RG and a few others. I think eb too, but I don`t remember exactly. Frankly I don`t see what trait could make the game ctd in the reinforcements scenario I`ve described above, but I know little about traits.

I'm having a consistent failure with the Man of the Hour event, he's almost always dead by the time my adoption offer reaches him, even when the captain doesn't die in the battle. Out of half a dozen tries, only one of them was successfully adopted. All of these were in defensive battles, where the AI attacked me and so it took place during the AI turn.

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    It happens in many mods. The exterminate etc. one I`ve seen mentioned for mods like RTR 6 Gold/RTRPE, TE, RG and a few others. I think eb too, but I don`t remember exactly. Frankly I don`t see what trait could make the game ctd in the reinforcements scenario I`ve described above, but I know little about traits.
    To clarify, I was talking about the exterminate/enslave/occupy CTD. The other CTD is probably just too much for the system to handle.
    RTR website/SVN admin

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfHam View Post
    To clarify, I was talking about the exterminate/enslave/occupy CTD. The other CTD is probably just too much for the system to handle.
    Others seem to experience them separately, but in my experience they`ve worked in pair. One example I recall when playing TE was that I was besieging a settlement and during the AI turn an enemy army attacked from the outside. Naturally the one in the city joined the attack and after I had completly destroyed both I was presented(during the AI turn; might have somethign to do with it) with the options to occupy/enslave etc. And when clicking an option the game CTDed. I had to try the save game about half a dozen times to get past it and each time I used the autoresolve so it wasn`t a matter of overloading the system. Plus, I was playing with either small or normal size units back then. But, if you have a certain suspicion take a look at vanilla RTRPE`s files. We`ve received a number of reports of this CTD occuring there so you can be sure it happens in that case.

If you`re actually serious about solving this we could open a thread in the workshop and ask anyone to contribute. Who knows, maybe we can solve it. That`s what lead to the revolt CTD to get figured eventually(a few hundreds of posts on the matter until that sadly )

Opifex

I wonder why Man of the Hour would always be dead before you could choose him. This is a hardcore game issue, and not something we could affect in the mod, is it?

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

I just crashed as Poeni ... second battle in one turn, crashes just as you're heading into the battle.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    I just crashed as Poeni ... second battle in one turn, crashes just as you're heading into the battle.

R
    It`s probably connected to missing sprites. Try saving after the first battle because there are good chances that the second would crash.

Opifex

Guys when you crash, please post a number of details that would actually be fruitful to us in helping to resolve it. If crashing during battle please post everything you might find relevant -- the approximate list of units involved, the location of the battle, etc.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    I wonder why Man of the Hour would always be dead before you could choose him. This is a hardcore game issue, and not something we could affect in the mod, is it?
    Dunno. Previously I haven't gotten many man of the hour events in vanilla or other mods. Here I can get them pretty reliably in the first turn of a Roman campaign by attacking Caudium with the hoplites and horse from Capua. Samnites always counterattack the sieging army during the AI turn, I camp my shield wall on the top of a hill and flank with cav FTW. Outnumbered, low losses, wipe out the enemy, and capture a town to boot almost always gives a MotH. (I mention this so others have a repeatable way of testing MotH in PI)

Key point is that he's not always dead. I've never lost my captain on the battlefield, but there was only one case where the adoption worked. Last night I had my first MotH during MY turn, and it worked fine. It may be a vanilla / code interaction of fighting during the AI turn, capturing a town (thus moving the victorious army) and creating the new family member in the old battlefield mapsquare where there no longer is an army. Don't know why it worked the once, though.:hmmm:

Hi P.I. team,

Excellent Patch to .72!

A few concerns:

1. Can you make the map more aesthetically pleasing by placing syracuse near and below Rheggio De Calabria?

2. The custom battle save and campaign autosave bugs haven't gone away:
    -I played my first custom battle when I first played this mod, it saved in the system and I can't still delete it.
    -I went to start a new campaign and found the "Continue Campaign" option to be lit up and the game autosaved but I'm still not able to delete the autosave.

3. More text is necessary instead of placeholders and to describe the units as well.

4. I noticed you nixed the BI custom battle maps. Is there any way you can re-port them back in under a different name? Or Is this aspect of P.I. still "in the works?"

Ladies and Gentlemen (IF there any Ladies out there in the P.I. team)
    Thank you!

hellas1

Hello all together,

I just tried two factions yet: The first was Syracuse, the second was Italiotae. I already mentioned in this thread to have problems with the game flow while playing Syracuse but now I also encountered a problem with the Italiotae.

When I lay siege on the first city which is located in the south east of my border (faction with green flag, ally) I almost always get a CTD when a hostile army attacks me in order to reflief that city. As soon as I want to confront the enmy on the battle field I find myself looking at my desktop... which also looks like a battlefield but I´m responsible for that... lol

Any findings on that?

Cheers...
    "Most people are like a leaf which is blown and turning around through the air,and wavers, and tumbles to the ground.
    But others, a few, are like stars, they go on a fixed course, no wind reaches them, in themselves they have their law and their course."

Siddhartha in Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, Chapter Six

- The sprites for Hoplites Etrusci (SPQR) are blank, i.e. they turn invisible when you move away from them.

Sagittarii Ligures (Rebel), Ferentarii Ligures (Rebel), and Spartherii Ligures (Rebel) have the same problem, too. Lancearii Ligures (Rebel) work fine, though.

The most likely reason is that wrong Video settings were used to generate these sprites. And there are many more... Just generate new sprites for everything...

- Ligurian infantry units don't get their weapon upgrades even with Apunia/Blacksmith built, probably because they're not marked as light/heavy infantry. I think they're all considered missle units, since they all get weapon upgrades from the archery range.

- Captain portraits are missing.

- Ligurian Public Baths don't have any bonuses, and there seems to be no point in building anything higher than the basic Barracks for them.

- Population growth needs to be cut by 2% everywhere.

- Equites Primores Cenomani have the small unit card in the unit info screen.

- I see no trade between settlements. There are none drawn in map_trade_routes.tga
    Last edited by HouseOfHam; September 14, 2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: bugs... and more bugs
    RTR website/SVN admin

Opifex

Good stuff guys, keep it up.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

realy want to play this mod but everytime i try to run it it crashes before it reaches the menu i installed it in a clean copy of rome gold edition all the other mods work fine anyone know whats wrong :hmmm:

In Rome - Total War/PI there is a folder called preferences. Remove or delete that and try again. Maybe some of the included settings don`t agree with your system.

games hasn't crashed for me so far with patch although Italaioae economy is a mess ... negative numbers from turn 1

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo