Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: PAENINSULA ITALICA BETA VERSION DOWNLOAD

Foederatus

Default Re: PAENINSULA ITALICA BETA VERSION DOWNLOAD

Luciano are you aware that it is like that with more then just the Ensiferi Etrusci? I don't know all the units off the top of my head. But do you need all the names?

megaflus's Avatar Semisalis

is this really true... no you have to be shiting me it's really a PI release

Quote Originally Posted by Nullified View Post
    Luciano are you aware that it is like that with more then just the Ensiferi Etrusci? I don't know all the units off the top of my head. But do you need all the names?
    I'm afraid that I need those names ...there are dozens of units with such a kind of shield

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Has this post turned into a public beta testing reporting system? Or will you be creating a new post for people to report bugs or imporvments to the mod?

I think public beta testing is a great idea... more people will find bugs or ways how to improve the game

btw Im still having fun trying out every faction!

Although one thing im not keen on is the chariots. But I guess its historical. So they have to stay. My fav faction is Poeini.

One last question will you be adding longer descriptions to units? Or is that not really important
    Last edited by Sparton Matticus; August 31, 2008 at 06:35 AM.
    [Massive Sig Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Sparton Matticus View Post
    Has this post turned into a public beta testing reporting system? Or will you be creating a new post for people to report bugs or imporvments to the mod?

I think public beta testing is a great idea... more people will find bugs or ways how to improve the game

btw Im still having fun trying out every faction!

Although one thing im not keen on is the chariots. But I guess its historical. So they have to stay. My fav faction is Poeini.

One last question will you be adding longer descriptions to units? Or is that not really important
    Thare's already a dedicate bug-reporting post ...I'm going to close that discussion since it start to became a duplicate of the other one;

About the units descriptions, some people already voluntereed to help us to complete them; but however for the majority of the Italic units it is something that I have to make personally, and it requires a lot of time ...I hope to find it

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Well Luciano its your mod but if I may recommend could you do the descriptions last if your doing them yourself. Since they are time consuming and gameplay is more important thus should come first.
    ________
    Yamaha P-120 Specifications
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; May 11, 2011 at 01:43 AM.

Opifex

I'm of the same mind as Matthias, in spending time on more important/worthwhile parts and keeping what the units have already; then when there's some extra time, adding short descriptions for every unit so that players know what each unit does; and then after a long while, when everything is polished etc, writing full and flowery descriptions if there's time for doing that.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

but i have to repeat the others and say the music is absolutely fantastic!

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    Yes true, it is simply great!
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    I agree with you, Garve is a true artist

Libertus

Ok I have been playing RTW and RTW:BI since they were released, I've done the whole online MP Clan stuff ect ect ect. Now I spend my time surfing Mod forums looking for good mods that make the game different and interesting. After playing almost every release of RTR, EB, SPQR ect ect, it all get's a bit boring with the traditional Rome, Carthage, Egypt and Seleucid atmosphere. After seeing that this mod had been realeased I think I was about as excited as I was when RoP came out. A different time frame and set in a totally different atmosphere. After reading about the dedication the PI team put into fully recreating the historically accurate city of Rome, there was no more hesitation. I dloaded at once and after finally figuring out how to install I began to play. The strat map is absolutely gorgeous, possibally one of the best and most detailed maps I have seen for some time. The units are great, especially the sheild wall effect for the various hoplite types, now that's how a hellenic phalanx should have looked in RTW. Now that I have the praise out of the way. A few nit picks.

-Rome which is naturally what the Mod is based around, seems to get ganged up on early by all their neighbours. Rome can feild a formiddable army, but they generally seem stretched because they are fighting 5 or 6 factions at once. Not sure how to fix it as I have no modding experience what-so-ever. But maybe you could a) Make Romes units slightly stronger so they perform well and inflict heavier losses on they're opponents in battle. b) Assign specific goals to each factions like in vanilla BI. c) Implement to a degree certain aspects of both a and b.

- Not sure what other factions they are available to other then Syracuse in they're Italian mainland colony. But the Ensiferi Picentes appear to have green Swastika's on the 4 corners of their sheilds. I don't care personally as I am Australian and a direct descendant of one of Britains unwanted scum from the 18th century . But just thought that some people might find it offensive.

- I also noticed something odd with the model of Syracuse's horse archer unit - Hippotoxotai Syrakosioi. When your on the battle map, the unit model shows the arrow quiver attached to the side of the archer. But when they goto reload they reach down to the saddle of the horse and then fire. Maybe it is possible to change the model and add the quiver to the saddle of the horse to add a bit more realism.

- Also playing as Syracuse and Poeni got boring. Why because there was no challenge or threat. Playing as either of those 2 factions, the only threat you have is the other faction on Sicily. If you could somehow make a land bridge between sicily and mainland Italy, then that would make a whole new ball game for Syracuse and the Poeni.

Once again. Terrific mod. Keep up the good work and give yourselves a pat on the back. SE.
    Last edited by Stalins_Elite; September 01, 2008 at 11:06 AM.

sorry for only commenting the music earlier, now i also played as syracuse for a while and i just love the units! (the way they look is what i mean)
    i havent tried out other factions yet, though... but those greeks are really neat and quite a lot of diversity so thats awesome

dmesa's Avatar Biarchus

woot, i was waiting for this release, thanks to all the team and lucianoB, his models/textures are just awsome=)...+rep!

i'll enjoy lerning some ancient italic history =P...

Sig made by Haeressiarch...+Rep me if you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by Stalins_Elite View Post
    - Not sure what other factions they are available to other then Syracuse in they're Italian mainland colony. But the Ensiferi Picentes appear to have green Swastika's on the 4 corners of their sheilds. I don't care personally as I am Australian and a direct descendant of one of Britains unwanted scum from the 18th century . But just thought that some people might find it offensive.
    The swastika symbol is as ancient as the indo-european tribes. You can find among the the osco - umbrians and latins who were from indo-european origin, and you can even find it in india.

That Hitler and Goebels took the symbol as a representation of the "Arian" people has nothing to do with the fact that it was present in a samnite shield.

So no second intentions there.

PD: Thank god the nazi propaganda didnīt choose the letter A for Arian.

PD2: Many people may fell the same about your nickname by the way.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro View Post
    The swastika symbol is as ancient as the indo-european tribes. You can find among the the osco - umbrians and latins who were from indo-european origin, and you can even find it in india.

That Hitler and Goebels took the symbol as a representation of the "Arian" people has nothing to do with the fact that it was present in a samnite shield.

So no second intentions there.

PD: Thank god the nazi propaganda didnīt choose the letter A for Arian.

PD2: Many people may fell the same about your nickname by the way.
    SE.

Mauri the Terron's Avatar Civis

Great job guys!

P.S. Damn, we were a big orgy of people

Opifex

The models with that shield are a little unit in a pitiful and insignificant part of Italy. So if there's any message in this at all, consider that as your message

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Benz282 View Post
    I decided to test out the custom battles to see what everyone was talking about when they said it was bugged since the two I played on my own worked fine. So far I've found that all the custom battle maps besides "British Glassland", "Germanic Forest", and "Scottish Highland" cause all units to be placed in the middle of a lake/sea/ocean, insta-killing everyone. The map "Alpine Valley" gave me a CTD half-way through the loading bar.

I'll finish testing the custom maps and if I find any others that work for me, I'll post here.

EDIT: (at Sig's post) Yeah, I thought that was the cause as well. On some of the custom maps I've tried so far, land is within view, meaning the tile selected must be relatively close to a tile that would work relatively ok.
    I would like to fix the custom battles issues ...but I really haven't the slightest idea about what I have to do ...suggestions?

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

As Sig1 said before, the custom battles are generated from the terrain on the camp map. The tiles are selected somewhere using the x,y coordinate system from show_cursor stat in-game. Once the tiles are defined, then when you go to play custom battles, the terrain is generated centering around that tile (with all immediately adjacent tiles being present in the generation as well).

...or at least, that's what I picked up from what he said

Opifex

That's pretty much right. When you create a Custom Battle scenario, you specify an x and y on the overall campaign map rather than creating a new geography for the scenario. Thus when you change campaign maps, the Custom Battle coordinates now point to incorrect places.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams