Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Chivalry II : SV 3.x - Suggestions and Feedback

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers - Suggestions and Feedback

I've noticed that AI factions do not build merchant rights or stronghold rights. I am playing an early campaign as Sicily and am about 100 turns past the end of the campaign (continued playing). Is this intentional and if not will it be changed? Also, I have not noticed any citadels and I cannot build them. Is that intentional as well? Thanks, this is one of the best mods out there. Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfloyd View Post
    I've noticed that AI factions do not build merchant rights or stronghold rights. I am playing an early campaign as Sicily and am about 100 turns past the end of the campaign (continued playing). Is this intentional and if not will it be changed? Also, I have not noticed any citadels and I cannot build them. Is that intentional as well? Thanks, this is one of the best mods out there. Keep up the great work.
    This will be tweaked for the patch. As for Citadel, make sure you have all the requirements. Population, and associated buildings. Check the building browser to be certain.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Just finished my late era short campaign with the Byzantines. I took a screenshot without the fog of war to show all factions' progress. It seem that the French are expanding without mercy!

Feedback and suggestions based on my experience:
    • Rebel spawn rate should be toned down, especially spawn rate of heretics, which is insane. It takes too much micromanagement to keep hunting those heretics, who are causing much unrest.
    • The "offends the nobility"/"inspires civil war" traits seem uncontrollable. It was given to several Emperors while running a bad economy, which I can understand. However it was also given to my last Emperor, even though he was running a robust economy and a winning war campaign. He was royal blood as well - not a regent. At least, I suggest that you make the traits reversible.
    • After defeating the Turks and Venetians they did not horde like other factions. Is this natural?
    • If possible, try to make high tier units priority for the AI. Their armies consist mainly of levies. France seems to be an exception in my campaign and this paid off for them. I also note that I did not see a single gunpowder unit in my campaign.
    • Market & stronghold rights: yes, they should be reconsidered.
    Sorry for the long post. You have done an excellent work with this mod, which I find to be the most enjoyable MTWII mod for my tastes.

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

I've built every building you can in each of my fortresses. No AI factions have citadels either. I will re-check the population requirements and let you know.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Save your efforts, it will be adressed in a patch. It is just a similar issue as with Market Right, probably the AI refuses to build the Stronghold Right. It won't be hard to fix this.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I know it's been mentioned but maybe the walls are a tiny bit to strong I couldnt break a wooden wall with 2 bombards had to reload the battle 3 times till they finally broke through it, I do like the idea of strong walls an hard sieges but a wooden wall shouldnt be a prob for 2 units of bombard,

Side note: when I came up against a citadel with cannon towers an three sets of walls I realized it was virtually Impregnable with out 3 stacks that I couldnt afford so I had to wait them out that was pretty cool

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

THE NORSE ARCHERS NEED MORE AMMO, they run out in like 2 min after the battle starts

Quote Originally Posted by JakethX View Post
    THE NORSE ARCHERS NEED MORE AMMO, they run out in like 2 min after the battle starts
    give it to them yourself :

1,open de folder : DTII ////Mod/cicilian versper/data/export_descr_unit.txt
    make a copy of :export_descr_unit.txt(in case you mess up)

press ctrl+F (find) norse archer
    search the line :
    stat_pri 3, 1, arrow, 125, 8, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 25, 1

and replace with this one:
    stat_pri 3, 1, arrow, 125, 25, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 25, 1

After this they have 25 instead of 8 arrows
    Gtx

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

can i give them 900,000 arrows?

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Quick question..

Have you maxed out the number of provinces???
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

Quote Originally Posted by JakethX View Post
    can i give them 900,000 arrows?
    never tried this .
    Start with 99

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Imperator View Post
    Quick question..

Have you maxed out the number of provinces???
    Yes, provinces are maxed out.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Hi I need help! I'm using the MTW2 gold version on a Korean made computer. I had to install a special Medieval.exe (from securom) because I kept getting wrong CD/emulation program errors. The regular game works, but when I try to upgrade to the newest verson of this mod, I'm getting the error message and can't open the mod.

Please help me! This game looks too good to pass up!

-Todd
    mrmann64@yahoo.com

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Just if I could make a couple of points about Anatolian provinces...

The current location of Sinope is incorrect, its placement in Chivalry I was far closer to reality, its current location would be closer to either Amastris or Heraclea Pontica.. Secondly, it appears if Ancyra (Ankara) was given the flick?? The Anatolikon province is waayyy too large, I'm sure Konya/Iconium didn't command such a large area.. Thirdly, in regards to Myra, would it be possible to move this settlement to the location of Attaleia?? Placement in Chiv I was correct. I suppose there is no chance of giving the Armenians 2 settlements?? A combination of Seleucia, Sis, Tarsus or Adana would be ok. I just thought the setup from the first Chiv was excellent..

Erm, I also assume Van/Vaspurakan and Colchis have also been given the flick?? Armenia and Georgia are rather boring now, no Kutaisi??
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

ArrowFodder's Avatar Laetus

First off, wonderful mod- keep up the good work!

I saw in earlier posts some complaints that not every region gets to build a citadel- if this is part of the game, I like it- seems to add more strategy (makes certain regions key)- just my two cents.

I like the idea of my making AI cities harder to take, though I despise the levy units they spawn in mass. Anyway to have fewer better units would be great.

I've been playing Anjou-early on hard/hard and have had a blast (France is almost crushed!) However, Anjou has almost no range units (levy/peasant archers). I understand that they shouldn't get Sicilian archers, maybe something else though.

Again, great mod-look forward to further improvements

I understand that they shouldn't get Sicilian archers, maybe something else though.

Scots gards wouldn't be bad

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowFodder View Post
    First off, wonderful mod- keep up the good work!

I saw in earlier posts some complaints that not every region gets to build a citadel- if this is part of the game, I like it- seems to add more strategy (makes certain regions key)- just my two cents.
    That's the idea

I like the idea of my making AI cities harder to take, though I despise the levy units they spawn in mass. Anyway to have fewer better units would be great.
    The plan is to add proper upgrades to existing levies, and also to add advanced units like pike, halberd, etc...

I've been playing Anjou-early on hard/hard and have had a blast (France is almost crushed!) However, Anjou has almost no range units (levy/peasant archers). I understand that they shouldn't get Sicilian archers, maybe something else though.

Again, great mod-look forward to further improvements
    The Angevins get the Siqilli Archers (Sicilian Muslim Archers), but they are only buildable in Apulia.

I'll do a little research, and see what else I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Imperator View Post
    Just if I could make a couple of points about Anatolian provinces...

The current location of Sinope is incorrect, its placement in Chivalry I was far closer to reality, its current location would be closer to either Amastris or Heraclea Pontica.. Secondly, it appears if Ancyra (Ankara) was given the flick?? The Anatolikon province is waayyy too large, I'm sure Konya/Iconium didn't command such a large area.. Thirdly, in regards to Myra, would it be possible to move this settlement to the location of Attaleia?? Placement in Chiv I was correct. I suppose there is no chance of giving the Armenians 2 settlements?? A combination of Seleucia, Sis, Tarsus or Adana would be ok. I just thought the setup from the first Chiv was excellent..

Erm, I also assume Van/Vaspurakan and Colchis have also been given the flick?? Armenia and Georgia are rather boring now, no Kutaisi??
    As I said in another post, the number of provinced has reached the max, so we will have to selectively remove existing provinces to make new ones. The reason for some of the mislocations is that I have been trying to keep the map the same across all campaigns, and just rename settlements for different eras.

At some point, I will customize the map for each campaign, but this will be some time before I get to it.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; September 19, 2008 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmann64 View Post
    Hi I need help! I'm using the MTW2 gold version on a Korean made computer. I had to install a special Medieval.exe (from securom) because I kept getting wrong CD/emulation program errors. The regular game works, but when I try to upgrade to the newest verson of this mod, I'm getting the error message and can't open the mod.

Please help me! This game looks too good to pass up!

-Todd
    mrmann64@yahoo.com

I'm so sad... someone help me!!!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

If you are using Vista, then check the extra stickied thread.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.