Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Chivalry II : SV 3.x - Suggestions and Feedback

Default Re: Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers - Suggestions and Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxie View Post
    I don't know if it's a bug with some new battle AI, but I really have a hard time persuading cavalry to chase routing enemies ?

EG, playing the Byzantines, the Renaissance campaign,
    I do some slaughter with a horde of archers, enemy breaks, my light cav then spreads out massively and manages to let the broken enemy run off the field without catching a single one ?
    With missile cavalry, you need to hold down the alt key and click on the attacking unit.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Ataraxie's Avatar Biarchus

""With missile cavalry, you need to hold down the alt key and click on the attacking unit.""

Nono - Alan Lights, not horse archers, I've noticed it can happen in DLV aswel, the cav will just spread out all over the place and not get a lot done ?

That aside, playing the Renaisssance Byzantines is great fun, mopping up the Turks & Venetians to kick off
    < Insert ironic/scarily serious nationalist sentiment here >
    Provided Ancillaries for SH's New Map And Slower Expansion For SS6.4
    Provided one or two Unit Descriptions for Shokh's BEIC (ETW)
    Currently working on Settlement Titles & Effects Changes (SS6.4)

I have to tell you that I am really enjoying my current campaign - I am playing High Era for Kingdom of Sicily I really like their king Frederick (who was only 18 yo at the start) - at the beggining I just focused on bulding of my cities, then pope called the crusade on Jerusalem - So I sent my king to capture Jerusalem (now he has the ancillary King of Jerusalem) and now I am planning to return him on Sicily. But on the way there I also want to capture Cypros. Now he (Frederick) is 31 yo he has full command, full chivalry full authority and almost full piety.

He was quite character in real live even - "Stupor Mundi"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederi..._Roman_Emperor

What is pitty is that there is no way for him to become king of HRE through elections like he did in real live. (Maybe I will try to take it by force later on)

What I really like is that you have made generals and FM's of Sicily to look like a proper Normans on battlefield, it is really nice touch. (I really digg those helmets)

Also another brilliant thing you have made are those "Crusader estates" and "Chapter House" which are buildable in Holy lands by catholic factions - so now it is possible to recruit there some pretty decent units.
    Last edited by herbsman; August 28, 2008 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by herbsman View Post
    I have to tell you that I am really enjoying my current campaign - I am playing High Era for Kingdom of Sicily I really like their king Frederick (who was only 18 yo at the start) - at the beggining I just focused on bulding of my cities, then pope called the crusade on Jerusalem - So I sent my king to capture Jerusalem (now he has the ancillary King of Jerusalem) and now I am planning to return him on Sicily. But on the way there I also want to capture Cypros. Now he (Frederick) is 31 yo he has full command, full chivalry full authority and almost full piety.

He was quite character in real live even - "Stupor Mundi"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederi..._Roman_Emperor

What is pitty is that there is no way for him to become king of HRE through elections like he did in real live. (Maybe I will try to take it by force later on)

What I really like is that you have made generals and FM's of Sicily to look like a proper Normans on battlefield, it is really nice touch. (I really digg those helmets)

Also another brilliant thing you have made are those "Crusader estates" and "Chapter House" which are buildable in Holy lands by catholic factions - so now it is possible to recruit there some pretty decent units.
    I am playing Sicily in High right now as well, and I have to admit it is one of my favorites.

It is around 1237, and I have taken all Italy except Genoa, Venice, & Rome. I also managed to take Swabia, Bavaria, Bohemia, Moravia, Ostmark, and Carinthia, when I kill the anit-emperor in battle, and Gemany reconciles with the Pope. Up until them I have full papal favor, now he is picking on me...asked me to stop attacking, and my favor is very low. This is when I decided to take Lower Lorraine to keep myself occupied for the 7 years

I should have done the crusade...

Also moving your leader into Milan will get him crowned King of Italy, by getting the Iron Crown of Lombardy, which is now a real crown rather than justy a relic.

I am planning to do something via the dynamic events and ancillaries, so he can become emperor

[EDIT]

My thinking on the Imperial title, is that when he goes to Milan and is crowned King of Italy....that effectively makes him the Emperor.

The Kings of Germany were not Emperors until they made the journey to Italy to accept the Italian crown.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; August 28, 2008 at 04:31 PM.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post

Also moving your leader into Milan will get him crowned King of Italy, by getting the Iron Crown of Lombardy, which is now a real crown rather than justy a relic.
    Woohoo thanks for this info - So that settles it - My next destination is Milano: Which btw rebelled against HRE couple of turns ago and is now independent - So I will be able to take it without starting a war with HRE.

BTW: this Iron Crown of Lombardy is exclusive to some choosen factions (like Sicily and HRE) or is it available to whoever conqueres that city?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by herbsman View Post
    Woohoo thanks for this info - So that settles it - My next destination is Milano: Which btw rebelled against HRE couple of turns ago and is now independent - So I will be able to take it without starting a war with HRE.

BTW: this Iron Crown of Lombardy is exclusive to some choosen factions (like Sicily and HRE) or is it available to whoever conqueres that city?
    Correct, to certain factions only, which have a historical background to carry it. Valid for all of those crowns and titles.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Can someone give me money strategy because I'm always on "red" after 2-3 turn after the begining?

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

hit the tilda key then type in add_money 99999

gobbothegreen's Avatar Miles

Disband some armies build economic structures.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shy View Post
    Can someone give me money strategy because I'm always on "red" after 2-3 turn after the begining?
    In addition to building your economy. Don't leave general in the field, unless you have many to pay for the field costs. Each general left outside a settlement costs 500 or 1000 (can't recall right now).

Also the permanent stone forts will give free upkeep to 2 units, and try to garrison settlement with free upkeep units. As a hint, the levies are free upkeep in both castle and towns.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JakethX View Post
    hit the tilda key then type in add_money 99999
    Damn cheater

Now i know why you commented in another thread that you would maul them all
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Obilic's Avatar Libertus

First of all congrats...the mod is just fantastic.

What I noticed though is:
    I am playing the grand campaign with Serbia. I attacked Syrmia(Hungary) four times in 7 turns and every time the city relevyed completely. Even though most of those levied where killed in battles. Then I got attacked once on Ras by them and not a single unit levys there. I am playing on toughness Hard/Hard. Is it meant to be that way?

Thanks...

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

It's really good and my Real Horses fit neatly. I play a VH/VH (moors) and the game is really hard, especially if the rebel scum gets his free units per script.

ATM a overall well done (no crashes yet).

Regards A.U.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Obilic View Post
    First of all congrats...the mod is just fantastic.

What I noticed though is:
    I am playing the grand campaign with Serbia. I attacked Syrmia(Hungary) four times in 7 turns and every time the city relevyed completely. Even though most of those levied where killed in battles. Then I got attacked once on Ras by them and not a single unit levys there. I am playing on toughness Hard/Hard. Is it meant to be that way?

Thanks...
    Yes, it is.

The current garrison script is AI only, contrary to SV 2.5 (both AI and human player levy spawn).
    We discussed this a long time ago already, the current garrison script is the result of a lot different garrison scripts that we tested. Well, i came up with the idea to spawn eventually 1 or max 2 levies for the human player, just for realism factor. Might be this will happen in a future version.

In the end though, it is the AI that needs the help, not the human player, don't you think? The player now can provide cheap garrison-levies via regular recruitment.
    If it seems too hard, then play better first on M/M, that can be a challenge for certain factions played by the human.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 29, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

My experience in the mod so far has been challenging and fun. I enjoy playing as smaller factions starting w/ 1 or 2 cities and building my empire up from there.

So far all the campaigns i have played have been on VH/VH. It seems small factions go bankrupt in the fist couple turns (even w/o having your army in the field). Now I've found 2 solutions to this.
    A) W/ your starting army sack the closest 3 towns and then rebuild your eco slowly out of dept of like 35-50K. This will almost every time make your king have the trait inspires civil war, due to the dept. I think it's pretty realistic for a starting kingdom just forming to run into dept before it consolidates its holding and begins its economic expansion.
    Or... B) disband your starting army (normally full of very skilled warriors), and slowly build up your one or 2 city eco, enough 2 field an army for a couple turns w/o going into high dept AKA over 5-6K

I have never done option B... mainly because i must conqueror the world...

Over all i like the difficulty in the game w/ smaller nations, yet one time i started a campaign w/ the Byzantines and was making money very easy..

suggestions to help out w/ the smaller factions: if possible in the script give them more money from noble council, and missions. 2500 for sacking a city, when it costs you at least 2000 just to have your army attack and besiege it kinda sucks.

Obilic's Avatar Libertus

Thanks for the quick reply Da Vinci...too hard?? It can never be too hard...
    I was just wondering since the enemy relevied that often in such a short term which it didn't in the previous release. I have no problem with it and it gives the game an additional edge...
    I am truly impressed by the game. Well done!!!

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

This game is annoying for that when you start out,u start out with a big army upkeep and you keep losing money until maybe you take some settlements and sack them. Make armies smaller or increase taxation, villagers just get really pissed off. Or, I start sieging a city then next turn....it has 2x the units.....
    Last edited by Maximus_54; August 29, 2008 at 08:56 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_54 View Post
    This game is annoying for that when you start out,u start out with a big army upkeep and you keep losing money until maybe you take some settlements and sack them. Make armies smaller or increase taxation, villagers just get really pissed off. Or, I start sieging a city then next turn....it has 2x the units.....
    Finally a winer
    I already feared everybody is lucky with the design

Ok serious, try the Early era, it is the most balanced campaign as yet, and if you think this game design is nothing for you, then just go ahead for another mod.

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

Mod is great and all, just its really hard for tiny nations to start out on the right foot. You practicly have to have really great luck in taking a settlement. I can't do battles for some reason
    Last edited by Maximus_54; August 29, 2008 at 10:48 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mythodical View Post
    My experience in the mod so far has been challenging and fun. I enjoy playing as smaller factions starting w/ 1 or 2 cities and building my empire up from there.

So far all the campaigns i have played have been on VH/VH. It seems small factions go bankrupt in the fist couple turns (even w/o having your army in the field). Now I've found 2 solutions to this.
    A) W/ your starting army sack the closest 3 towns and then rebuild your eco slowly out of dept of like 35-50K. This will almost every time make your king have the trait inspires civil war, due to the dept. I think it's pretty realistic for a starting kingdom just forming to run into dept before it consolidates its holding and begins its economic expansion.
    Or... B) disband your starting army (normally full of very skilled warriors), and slowly build up your one or 2 city eco, enough 2 field an army for a couple turns w/o going into high dept AKA over 5-6K

I have never done option B... mainly because i must conqueror the world...

Over all i like the difficulty in the game w/ smaller nations, yet one time i started a campaign w/ the Byzantines and was making money very easy..

suggestions to help out w/ the smaller factions: if possible in the script give them more money from noble council, and missions. 2500 for sacking a city, when it costs you at least 2000 just to have your army attack and besiege it kinda sucks.
    Hmm, well of course the little factions are the hardest ones, also for the human player, but with a bit clever playing there is a good chance to survive But there are for any kind of challenge different factions to start, and yes, the difficulty has a role, as you might have soon a lot of enemies if you play on VH campaign. I personally prefer H campaign, as it does both, supports still the AI but doesn't lets the AI go crazy too much.

Honestly, our main thoughts and efforts go for the AI how they have to be supported (the little factions) or eventually penalised (the big factions), and how the human player can be "penalised" in comparison to the dumb AI (human player only penalties: for example garrison script, field money script).