Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Chivalry II : SV 3.x - Suggestions and Feedback

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers - Suggestions and Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rares_the_Valah View Post
    Hi
    i forget to say way do you begin the campaign Ţara Românească in 1400 ???? Helloooo
    1310 is the first real mention about voievod Basarab I 1310 1352
    Posada 1330 is happened the most important win battle against Magyar army rule by Carol Robert de Anjou.

Whatdo you put name to the city in Transylvania Temesvar or Gyulavar,etc are you crazy?

In this region Transylvania from de begin era X-XIV vlachs presence in name of army, city and ruler Glad, Gelu, Menumorut, Iancu de Hunedoara voievod of Transylvania, Matei Corvin (King of Hungary, magyar kindom in 1458 şi 1490)

It's to many wrong about teritory, army and name vlachs in this region, your source i think its just magyar, bulgarian or serbian - (today like in past they are smaller and few than romanian). The vlachs are most important people in this region but our wrong move was they don't unit, they live in separate region Moldova, Ţara Românească and Transylvania.
    Obviously you don't follow SV's request/instruction to put these faction specific items into the mentioned faction specific thread. See again SV's last sentence.

And what is this
    are you crazy?

This is a warn to you, all other posts of that specific kind might be deleted if you proceed to write them again here and in this questionable tone.

(Emotional and in this sense nationalistic "coloured" posts have no place in this forum, please keep your writing-style neutral and objective, and neutral reliable sources are welcome).
    Otherwise help is always welcome, but please keep it civil and follow our "instructions" if you wanna make your suggestions/infos getting a consideration.
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 12, 2008 at 11:18 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Firstly I would like to say I really like the mod it is very good, but I have one thing I don't like. the main one is that is when I click on the financial overview it tells me that I will make 900 profit but when I gets to my next turn I find out I have lost 100 meaning I keep going more and more into det. I have no problem with making it very difficult to get a good economy but it does need some way of accurately finding out how much profit or lose you are going to get per turn as having loads of surprises takes the fun out of it in my opinion.

But other than that I think it is a great mod.

Sorry man
    accept my apologize
    you think like an American
    i am vlach(romanian) and all of mistake and wrong name about my faction (vlach) is right to upset me, do you understand that????
    Do you really understand what I want to speak to you ?
    The Vlachs faction is incorrect and many mistakes is in the game, because you know better magyar or bulgarian is not a excuse for me and for many romanian player.

Default Making Florins with KOJ, mission impossible

ATTN: CREATOR, SUBJECT AS ABOVE
    ERA: DARK AGE
    DIFF: HARD / HARD
    FRACTION: KOJ

Hi,

I'm appealing to the topic. Yes, it's being brought up several times but I feel that maybe the creator might want to top this as a priority soon. Create a hot fix maybe?

Cuz I felt that this may kill the mod if not fixed soon. I tried several approaches in building my economy but still it ended in deficit. Which is extremely frustrating (its a very GOOD mod btw)

My suggustion:

Keep everything as it is but increase the starting florins to 6000 and add a merchant, a spy and a port at least? (For KOJ on diffculty HARD/HARD )

On V.HARD/V.HARD, starting florins with 4000, a merchant and a port at least
    Anyway I dont think its overboard right?

Alternatively (For KOJ on diffculty HARD/HARD and V.HARD/V.HARD ), maybe you can make conditions more favourable after 30 turns? I believe it's more than enough time to build up one's war machine.

Pros: BTW, I think the garrison and outfield script is a good idea. (Might wanna tweak alittle)

Cons: Impossible to scrape a decent florin on hard/hard diffculty for KOJ

I registered and post this msg because I really like this mod but was unable to edit the scripts, hope you dont find me demanding, thank you
    Last edited by macrick; October 12, 2008 at 07:02 PM.

Sorry man
    accept my apologize
    i am vlach(romanian) and all of mistake and wrong name about my faction (vlach) is right to upset me, do you understand that????
    The Vlachs faction is incorrect and many mistakes is in the game, because you know better magyar or bulgarian is not a excuse for me and for many romanian player.
    This is one of the reasons the Renaissance campaign is still beta. They have Bulgarian names because I reused the Bulgarian faction as the Vlachs. I have more coding to do before this will be corrected, so you need to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by macrick View Post
    ATTN: CREATOR, SUBJECT AS ABOVE
    ERA: DARK AGE
    DIFF: HARD / HARD
    FRACTION: KOJ

Hi,

I'm appealing to the topic. Yes, it's being brought up several times but I feel that maybe the creator might want to top this as a priority soon. Create a hot fix maybe?

Cuz I felt that this may kill the mod if not fixed soon. I tried several approaches in building my economy but still it ended in deficit. Which is extremely frustrating (its a very GOOD mod btw)

My suggustion:

Keep everything as it is but increase the starting florins to 6000 and add a merchant, a spy and a port at least? (For KOJ on diffculty HARD/HARD )

Alternatively (For KOJ on diffculty HARD/HARD and V.HARD/V.HARD ), maybe you can make conditions more favourable after 30 turns? I believe it's more than enough time to build up one's war machine.

Pros: BTW, I think the garrison and outfield script is a good idea. (Might wanna tweak alittle)

Cons: Impossible to scrape a decent florin on hard/hard diffculty for KOJ

I registered and post this msg because I really like this mod but was unable to edit the scripts, hope you dont find me demanding, thank you
    Actually, modifying the King's purse based on difficulty level is a good idea.

What do you mean by KOJ? The Kingdom of Jerusalem is not in the Darkage.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; October 13, 2008 at 06:53 AM.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

thank you man

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Sorry man
    accept my apologize
    Accepted. Btw., i'm not american
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Accepted. Btw., I'm not American
    What nationality are you?

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    This is one of the reasons the Renaissance campaign is still beta. They have Bulgarian names because I reused the Bulgarian faction as the Vlachs. I have more coding to do before this will be corrected, so you need to be patient.

Actually, modifying the King's purse based on difficulty level is a good idea.

What do you mean by KOJ? The Kingdom of Jerusalem is not in the Darkage.
    Hi,

there's a mistake it should be the Grand campaign. Yes, KOJ = Kingdom of Jerusalem

Anyway back to the dire situation I'm facing , haha, I tried again just now to play as KOJ again. It's virtually impossible to scrape any decent florin.

Maybe you could consider my suggestion please coz I really like to play as this fraction. Sorry being so stuck-up, haha.

Recap:

My suggustion:

----------------> add on:

1) Maybe you could trigger events that the council or pope to give about 1000 florins for every 5 turns till turn number 30. At least it could prevent the treasury from going deficit.

I read that you mentioned that the outfield upkeep is either 500 or 1000 right? Maybe you could reduce 100-300 from the current values?

2)Seige capability

This is being discussed before but maybe I can give some input?

a)Basillta (Up to your own opinion)

b)Trebuchets/Catapults,shots take to punch a hole in these structures;

Wood: 3-4
    Small stone wall: 5-7
    Huge stone wall: 8-11

c)ALL GUNPOWER UNITS, shots take to punch a hole in these structures;

Wood: 2-3
    Small stone wall: 4-5
    Huge stone wall: 6-8

Suggestions by others I support:

1)Increase ammo for missile units and seige weapons. If I remember correctly you mentioned that the current value for missile units is 8? Maybe 10-11 it's good enough?

2)Able to build seige weapons like Trebuchets/Catapults upon seiging. But gunpowder units must be drag across the terrain.

That's all for now, thank you for this GREAT mod!
    Last edited by macrick; October 13, 2008 at 01:43 PM.

BTW, one last thing, the horse model which I have no idea whether its yr mod or from CA. It looks kinda stumpy like a pony, haha. (No pun intended, could'nt resist telling you) Coz the legs kinda short. If you want I can model one for you using maya.

PM me if you are interested.

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

I think that economy isn't that bad as some say, all you need is to build economy stuff, disband army or build fortresses to keep 2 units in there, just in case..I'm playing at hard/very hard, and it's easy...maybe economy should be slightly stronger (f.e. double the kings purse, as someone already said and maybe greater tax and trade income for markets, so as the time goes by, you would have greater trade, and so by time greater armies would emerge..).
    I'd like to suggest something else..TRAITS. Traits are not so good, because 90% of my characters are becoming - extravagant, royally extravagant, disloyal etc. It's extremly rare that a character gets better over time...So if you could do some extra self-perpetuating, it would be nice...
    Also, all traits considering royal blood about all new factions, and crowns (ancillaries). I did some of this myself, but it would be nice to see the mod not lacking anything.
    Also, many provinces (I mean around 30%) remain independent (rebels), and no one conquers them...maybe it should be fixed, that AI wants to conquer all the rebels around him first, before he attacks his neighbour.
    By the way, concept and some aspects of the mod are almost perfect!!! All you need is some more history info, about some factions and that's all.

p.s. I only played High period, so everything I said is about that.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

What nationality are you?
    DaVinci is a German who types exellent english

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaj od Noćaja View Post
    I think that economy isn't that bad as some say, all you need is to build economy stuff, disband army or build fortresses to keep 2 units in there, just in case..I'm playing at hard/very hard, and it's easy...maybe economy should be slightly stronger (f.e. double the kings purse, as someone already said and maybe greater tax and trade income for markets, so as the time goes by, you would have greater trade, and so by time greater armies would emerge..).
    I'd like to suggest something else..TRAITS. Traits are not so good, because 90% of my characters are becoming - extravagant, royally extravagant, disloyal etc. It's extremly rare that a character gets better over time...So if you could do some extra self-perpetuating, it would be nice...
    Also, all traits considering royal blood about all new factions, and crowns (ancillaries). I did some of this myself, but it would be nice to see the mod not lacking anything.
    Also, many provinces (I mean around 30%) remain independent (rebels), and no one conquers them...maybe it should be fixed, that AI wants to conquer all the rebels around him first, before he attacks his neighbour.
    By the way, concept and some aspects of the mod are almost perfect!!! All you need is some more history info, about some factions and that's all.

p.s. I only played High period, so everything I said is about that.

Hi,

In regard about yr post , I only agree if you have a town/city but if you

play as KOJ. You only get a castle and tax rate for this, is only "normal"

Also please note 1 castle on a god forsaken island aint gonna help much.

Plus, I got no diplomat, no merchant, no spy, no princess of sort.

Starting capital is only 3000 which is half of what other fractions have.

I already tried what's being mentioned, they are (not in order):

Disbanded all units except general bodyguards which cannot be disband.

put 1 unit into fort

put 2 unit into fort (Resulted in my castle turned rebel)

put 2 unit into fort (train a levy unit and put into castle)

develop farming to communal farming ( which happen to be the highest, I believe)

built a port.

build buildings which help to increase public order.

There's also events triggering to give $$$, usually from 2000 to 3000 but

its still not enough.

Guess what? I still get deficit eventually. Its almost 99.999% impossible.

Else, I wouldn't be bugging the modder to make it slightly more bearable.

Well, maybe I suck.

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

to macrick
    well if you disband everyone, and pay none except for generals, and still go down with the money - then it sucks, and needs repairing...
    Although, the crusader states (all of them) never held land for long in Holy land...neither they expanded much...but I suppose that every state should have at least the possibility to expand..

Regarding the Kingdom of jeusalem, this should really be one of the hardest factions to play. Historically, it was doomed from its conception, so it should be only a seasoned veteran player that can really win as KoJ.

This aside, I wonder if we con script some of the crusades, as a rinforcement from Europe? Some economic boosting at start is also in order. I will have to play a quick campaing to see for myself.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Regarding the Kingdom of jeusalem, this should really be one of the hardest factions to play. Historically, it was doomed from its conception, so it should be only a seasoned veteran player that can really win as KoJ.

This aside, I wonder if we con script some of the crusades, as a rinforcement from Europe? Some economic boosting at start is also in order. I will have to play a quick campaing to see for myself.
    helloo
    please don't forget my faction The Vlachs:Ţara Românească, Moldova and Transilvania
    1.Ţara Românească (1310 includes Oltenia(Craiova) and Muntenia (Targovişte or Bucureşti)
    2. Moldova1359 includes Moldova de Sus (Baia or Suceava) and Moldova de Jos (Vaslui)
    3. Transylvania 1174 (Cibinium or Hermannstadt or Cluj-Napoca)
    and south vlachs 1185, Imperiul Vlaho-Bulgar 1185-1258 (Târnovo)

helloo
    please don't forget my faction The Vlachs:Ţara Românească, Moldova and Transilvania
    1.Ţara Românească (1310 includes Oltenia(Craiova) and Muntenia (Targovişte or Bucureşti)
    2. Moldova1359 includes Moldova de Sus (Baia or Suceava) and Moldova de Jos (Vaslui)
    3. Transylvania 1174 (Cibinium or Hermannstadt or Cluj-Napoca)
    and south vlachs 1185, Imperiul Vlaho-Bulgar 1185-1258 (Târnovo)

Stema Moldovei pe monedele lui Petru I Muşat

and the flag for Moldava

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaj od Noćaja View Post
    to macrick
    well if you disband everyone, and pay none except for generals, and still go down with the money - then it sucks, and needs repairing...
    Although, the crusader states (all of them) never held land for long in Holy land...neither they expanded much...but I suppose that every state should have at least the possibility to expand..
    Hi Zmaj , I suppose I agree with you on the possibility to expand.

Hi SV, I agree with you on the historical point of view. Anyway, not mean to bombard you with so much stuff. I'm would label myself a experienced player since STW.

Anyway, just to update you. I tried to start a crusade but was unable to, since the popey old man dont favour me. There's another 2 ways to expand.

That is I build a ship and sail to Anitoch. I placed my army outside the city for 1st turn, seige & un-seige on the same turn. Subsequent turn, they attacked me

with 2 stacks of their army. After I won, I continued to remain outside the city but the AI refused to come. But I noticed another stack from the nearby city is

coming to my direction on the 3rd turn. 2nd way is to seige the city directly, but the AI will get reinforcements.

But I believe both ways will fail coz the outfield script has already drained

my treasury to negative. Even if I take the settlement, the yield is so low

that I never recover from deficit so I stopped on both occasions.

Anyway, able to launch a crusade would be useful in this case.

What I concluded from playing as KOJ is that you must at least take a

town/city in order to survive early in the game. Economy is useless in the

beginning or broken in my own opinon. (No pun intended)

So it's kinda not achieving what you have in mind for priority on economy.

Hence, the summary for what you & I said so far for giving some

advantages.

Military only: Give crusade ability/ crusade reinforcements

Economy: Give some agents / land clearance/ port / trade rights/ events for $$$

Balanced: Some from each side

So it's up to you, I game for anything as long as its more playable.

Well, Cheers, bye for now
    Last edited by macrick; October 15, 2008 at 05:28 PM.

for england: having sherwood archers is pointless...you should improve them/add more men
    dismounted feudal milites vs. dismounted english knights: again pointless to build milites, needs to be edited

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

I wouldn't exactly say 'doomed'... However, its longevity relied on a number of key factors. In-fighting amoungst the Muslims (Caliphate of Aleppo, Damascus, Bagdhad, Cairo ect ect). Continuing flow of European immigrants, conversion of local populations (Muslims, Jews, Paulician Christians, Monophysite Christians and other 'outlawed' sects.. Other 'Eastern Rite' churches, Syriac, Chaldean, Maronite Christians.. Although they cannot possibly be individually represented, maybe such an action could possibly be event driven?)..

I suppose dynamic, gifted and brave leaders were also a prerequisite of an enduring KoJ, something they sorely lacked in Guy d'Lusignan.. Manpower, continuing trade & reinforcements from Europe (So to that effect, and obvious naval superiority over the various Muslim powers would be critical) would also be a definate requirement.
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH